“#Dominica #Portsmouth #Airbnb #Beautiful Setting...”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
New Second Bedroom with Ensuite Bathroom and Verandah
New Second Bathroom
Verandah for New Bedroom
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
darrainvi...
Central Florida, Florida
“#Dominica #Portsmouth #Airbnb #Beautiful Setting #Wonderful Accommodations”
Reviewed 23 June 2018 for a stay in June 2018

My husband and I arrived in Dominica and Jennifer and Crispin picked us up at the airport for our week vacation. This was our first visit to Dominica but after staying with Jennifer and Crispin and staying at Made it certainly will not be the last. Made was an amazing surprise for us because looking at the pictures and actually staying there it was so much more than we expected. The cabin is so clean, decorated so nicely, and the views are absolutely amazing. It was so fun to wake up in the morning and just look out the openness (no windows) of the cabin to see the birds, the Caribbean, and the amazing flowers and plants that Jennifer has planted. The bed is a very comfortable queen size bed with a single bed also there. There is a kitchen area with all the plates, utensils, pans that you need for cooking. There is a comfortable couch and a nice chair and foot rest in the sitting area, a nice table with 2 chairs and 2 tall chairs for the counter area. The bathroom is big and very clean. Nice towels, soap, shampoo and conditioner. The shower is real big and they have an instant hot water unit for the shower. There is also a downstairs with a queen size bed and bathroom with a patio outside and this also is very clean and would be great for families.
There are a lot of steps to get up to the cabin but I was able to climb the steps with not much difficulty and I am a senior. The grounds are beautiful and Jennifer has lined the path ways with rocks and lights and it makes it easier for walking and finding your way at night.Crispin works really hard to keep the grounds looking beautiful and they are both hard workers.
Every morning Jennifer makes some type of fresh bread and cuts fresh fruits or yogurt and fresh spice tea for breakfast. Most of the time Crispin will bring breakfast up to the cabin where you just sit and enjoy your meal and look out at the beautiful views.
I cannot say enough about how wonderful Jennifer and Crispin are. They are so pleasant and are right there if you need anything. They are more than happy to recommend places to go sightseeing or restaurants or where to go just hangout for the beautiful sunsets. Because of their making us feel welcome and seeing the beautiful island of Dominica we are already planning our next trip to Dominica and stay at Hideaways with Jennifer and Crispin. Thank you both for a great vacation.

24 Jun 2018
We are so pleased to hear your kind words. We lovingly built Madé Cottage to be a very special place & we are delighted that you agree. We very much look forward to your return!
casscen
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
“Magical and lovely !”
Reviewed 17 June 2017 for a stay in May 2017

This new cottage is upscale, beautiful, and very romantic! Jennifer and Crispin are amazing hosts! They were very attentive to our needs and provided great information about the island. We loved Made cottage, very new, clean, and romantic..we loved the openness and fantastic view of forest and ocean. No mosquitoes was Plus! There is lemongrass fields nearby, so no mosquitoes! We loved the sounds of birds, Dominican parrots in the morning and evening! This place is pure paradise! Very convenient location in the north of Dominica. Jennifer makes amazing breakfast which is included.. if possible , you should include a dinner as they are fantastic cooks! We had the best meals of the island with Jennifer and Crispin! I would stay here again repeatedly and never want to go home! This cottage is magic and lovely !

18 Jun 2017
We are so pleased that you enjoyed your time in Madé Cottage. We were happy to share some great food and good conversations with you. We are looking forward to your return.
hdef33
Clemson, South Carolina
“Best view, best service, best place to stay on the island!”
Reviewed 27 April 2017 for a stay in October 2016

Jennifer and Crispin are the nicest and most helpful people you will meet in Dominica. They gave us clear directions of how to get to their cottage in Portsmouth. It's about a 45 minute drive from the airport. The road to their place, while a little rough, will help you get used to the rest of the roads on the island. Jenn, Crispin, and their two dogs Baby and Beau greeted us right away and Crispin took our bags up to our cottages.

My parents stayed in the FuFu, which has a lovely outdoor kitchen on the lower level. I had the special opportunity to be the first guest in the Madé cottage and it was one of the most surreal experience ever. You can see Portsmouth, Cabrits National Park, and the Atlantic Ocean all from your porch! I am a little jealous of the people that got to stay once the place was furnished, but it was just as beautiful and serene without all the decoration.

For people who are afraid of bats, they do come in at night, circle around the ceiling a couple of times, and fly right back out. It was actually quite calming, and I felt in touch with my surroundings and as if I was sleeping right in nature from the comfort of my bed.

Every morning, Jennifer brings you breakfast that consists of different types of tea, homemade bread, fresh avocados, sweet fresh fruit, and makes sure to tailor her menu to your dietary needs. She even made cream for my mom and I to put in our tea! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE let her cook for you! She is the best cook on the island, hands down. Fried plantains, spicy avocado dip, fish with peppers, star fruit drinks, banana ice cream, the list is endless and you will not want to eat anywhere else!

On top of all that, Jennifer and Crispin took time out of their day (multiple days!) to show us different places in Dominica. They took us to Emerald Pool, Syndicate Falls, Roseau, Titou Gorge, and Trafalgar Falls. Crispin is a certified tour guide and grew up on the island, so he knows it like the back of his hand.

I really cannot say enough about how helpful, nice, and welcoming Jennifer, Crispin, Baby, and Beau were to us. I can promise I will be back!

29 Apr 2017
Thank you for your kind words& being our very first guest in the new cottage. You are going to love Madé even more when you return!
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing