Mukan Resort(Punta Allen)
  • Beachfront
  • Beachfront
Agoda.com
Villas Roseliz(Punta Allen)
All reviewsclub grand slamhis wifeascension bayfly fishingcaptain gregtroutnon judgmentalflats fishingwater taxilodging experienceshallow waterthese guysbeach sidebucket listin decemberanywhere in the worldcaught bonefish
Reviewed 26 September 2014

For what I was looking for, this is as good as it gets. I was in heaven! I have been fly fishing for 25 years and it was one of the best trips I have ever been on. The accommodations were great, a 20 second walk to the boats in the morning, clean rooms, a/c, power, not fancy just comfortable. The cooking was amazing, great Mexican food and tons of it. Ice cold margaritas every day when you return to your room. Greg and Lupita took great care of us the entire trip.

Most importantly, the fishing was awesome! We had great guides that got us into lots of fish every day. We caught bonefish, tarpon, barracuda and a couple other species. Beautiful scenery, and great fishing.

I will definitely go back again and stay with Club Grand Slam!

Tips:
1. Bring everything you need for fishing. There are no fly shops or sporting good stores anywhere near.
2. Stop on the way for alcohol and cigars. Besides a small market next door (which has beer and ice) there are no stores in the area.
3. It is really a fishing destination. If you have guest(s) that aren't fishing, I can't imagine what they would do, and it is a long way from anywhere else.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
6  Thank Scottsloth
Reviewed 6 June 2014

my wife and I ventured to Punta Allen for the first time May 26 2014. we had 4 nights booked at another small hotel/house in Punta but one night there was enough and found Mike and Fisherman after a quick drive around this small fishing village. The manager Mike and his staff were exceptional and treated us like royalty. I cant say enough about this place. the prices were right, the food was reasonably priced and very tasty. the place was clean and cosy. the conch shells for all the plumbing fixture spouts is really cool touch. the lodge is not on ocean front but less than a 2 minute walk to the coconut tree lined beache. we happened to be the only ones at the resort so we made it like Mike told us to " treat our hotel like it is your home". it was awesome and we will definitely be back next time in Punta.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 April 2014

I recently returned from my second saltwater fishing trip with Club Grand Slam. Greg and Lupita run a great operation. It's a fisherman's place. The accommodations are new and clean and of course Lupita's cooking is top notch. But the real deal is Ascension Bay and the fantastic fishing. Our guides worked hard to get us on fish. Highly recommend for fisherman.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
5  Thank Patrick S
Reviewed 9 February 2014

My dad and I recently went to Punta Allen on a fly fishing trip and had an amazing time. The natives were extremely friendly, the food was great for each meal, and the lodge was clean and had a fun atmosphere. The Manager Mike really went out of his way to make sure we had a great time. This is an experience I would like all my friends to have!

Cody B

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 January 2014

My husband and I ventured to Punta Allen for the second time in December. the road down was awful, but we made it after a three hour drive from Tulum. We stayed two nights and my husband had arranged to meet Mike the owner, but somehow things got messed up and Mike was not there. We were a bit disappointed, but no matter.

It was just before Christmas and we had a tiny tree in our room ...too cute. The electricity goes out in the day, it comes on in the evening.

The lodge is a good place to stay. The staff are not in your face, but they are very pleasant and helpful. There is a small outside pool, and the room we were allocated was nice. The food was very good and a nice variety. However, it is all about fishing right? So ladies, I would suggest letting the guys go and you stay in an all inclusive with a spa nearby!

Because of the heavy rain the fishing was not that wonderful, but he enjoyed his day.

It's remote, so you do expect to pay more as everything is brought in. So I am not sure how that affects "value"? Anyway, it's a unique experience and something my husband wanted to do. He was very happy!

Punta Allen is a lifestyle. There is not much to see or do but it is a cute little town with wonderful views. A place to visit and ponder life....if you don't fish that is!

Room Tip: We stayed on the ground floor. Which meant the heavy cases did not have to get lugged upstairs! Worked out for us.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple