All reviewsfor sunday lunchbooked a tablefish cakeshoneymoon suitefamily meallovely decorhotel restauranttable servicesmall hoteldouble roomstayed here for nightscouldn't do enoughpleasant stayone night staysligowardrobetoiletries
Reviewed 24 August 2017

Stayed here for 3 nights whilst attending a friends wedding in Sligo. The hotel is really handy for various other parts of Sligo. The rooms are well decorated, clean and the staff we met were all really friendly and helpful.

Breakfast was really good and they were very flexible around the times it was served to us, which was something I haven't experienced in a very long time in a hotel. Bar food was great too and really reasonable.

Overall this hotel is very good value for money and we would stay again if we were ever back that direction!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DarranH H
Reviewed 22 August 2017 via mobile

We had a family room and it was huge, very clean and comfortable. We ate in the restaurant that was really busy. This was explained to us so we knew there was a wait but we didn't mind. We were also offered a drink while we waited. Foot was tasty and enough of it. Breakfast was great. Plenty of parking and a pleasant stay.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 August 2017 via mobile

I stayed at the couch house on the Sunday of the august bank holiday weekend. We were attending a family function. The meal was very good and was hot, considering that the large party we had. All served very quickly. The staff at the function was very friendly, expecially a guy called Joe. He had no problem getting me some chips with my dinner as I don't eat much vegetables. They were all very hard working and very pleasant. Our bedroom room was very clean, spotless. Bed was very comfortable. Think it was a wheelchair accessible toilet. There was a very good band playing in the bar. We stayed down till 12.30, it was packed, Great but it did go on till 2am. And our room was right above it in 103. So was very, very noisy. Overall we had a lovely stay. Would definitely stay there again.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 August 2017

We stayed as part of a wedding party the night before the wedding and although not the bride and groom were put in the bridal suite!! This was very comfortable with a 4 poster bed. The food was fabulous particularly the roast beef dinner. The staff were so friendly and couldn't be more attentive. The bar was lively with lots of locals. Excellent value for money and well worth a visit.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 July 2017 via mobile

So I've been been here before. The rooms are fine. Comfortable, clean and well presented.

Everything else is shambolic. And that is generous.

Breakfast, don't go towards the end of service. The tables aren't cleared, the breakfast cereals weren't replenished.

So onto the evening meals. Booked a table for four at seven thirty. So the table wasn't ready. The food order took over 40 minutes to arrive and only after several prompts.

In truth this is the only place I have ever walked out of. And I was a resident!

So let's get to the nitty gritty. The staff were great, they offered drinks and promised the order was due out. But after the previous shambles, the whole party decided to cut our losses.

But in truth, this was abysmal service. You cannot allow customers to book tables and then allow walk in customers to take that table. You can't run a restaurant without having staff to meet demand.

I have to say, I probably won't be back. It really was that bad.

I like to end with a high point. Sorry, no high point here.

The rooms are OK. The rest, it needs a lot of work.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple