Millhouse B&B(Ballymote)
Castle Dargan(Ballygawley)
US$104
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$122/night.

US$123
US$88
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$110/night.

US$194
Hotels.com
US$107
Hotwire.com
US$163
US$108
  • Restaurant
US$104
All reviewsfor sunday lunchbooked a tablefish cakeshoneymoon suitefamily meallovely decorhotel restauranttable servicesmall hoteldouble roomstayed here for nightscouldn't do enoughpleasant stayone night staysligowardrobetoiletries
Reviewed 12 August 2011

It isn't the Georges V in Paris, or The Ritz in London; it's the Coach House in Ballymote. As long as you remember that! You'll be delighted with this hotel. Clare and Feargal couldn't do enough to make our stay enjoyable. If a score of 10 was available for service, I would have given them an 11. If you're in this part of Ireland you have to stay there. We will be going back in October

• Stayed: July 2011
2  Thank Blutac_999
Reviewed 2 August 2011

My partner and I stayed at the Coach House Hotel from 27/07/011 - 01/08/11, unlike the review below we did not have as negative an experience as they did. We were booked in for a double room and were happy to be put in in a room with a double bed and a separate single (plenty of space to put our bags!). The room was well appointed, adequately equipped and cleaned thoroughly each and every morning.
I think certain things also need to be put in to perspective, Ballymote is not a vast metropolis, it is a small market town. Yes the front desk wasn't always manned but that's what the large silver bell is for. Both my partner and I found the staff (Claire) to be pleasant and helpful and especially appreciated the breakfast times from 9am -12pm for those days when the night before had taken its toll. In terms of food we again found breakfast to be to a good standard, my partner is vegetarian and there was no issues in accommodating this. We only ever had to say which of us had tea and coffee once on our first day and the same member of staff (Claire again!) would promptly bring over two large pots each throughout our stay. There was also a generous discount on evening meals for residents which can't be sniffed at given the comparative prices in Ireland and again the food was to a good standard.
The reason for our trip was for a surprise 60th party for my partners father, we had a lovely buffet and (extra)large cake provided by staff and were well looked after throughout the night. We went to others bars in Ballymote but were also at the Coach House for the live music.
Finally on our last day we asked with sore heads from the night before what time we had to check out, you cannot put a price on being told "oh don't worry about that, you leave when your ready". With all that in mind I would have no hesitation in recommending a pleasant stay at the Coach House along with a nod of the head towards the management and staff that make it so.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Nivag123
Reviewed 28 July 2011

Arrived at hotel, waited 10 minutes to be seen to check in, although hotel was quiet at the time !
We were approached by an unfriendly, unprofessional woman and checked in !
We had previously booked a double room (as 2 of us) some few months prior to arriving.
We were not told until we saw the room that it was a family room ! (3 single beds) !
When we questioned this we were told (rudely) that all the rooms were full.
We had to ask about the breakfast times ourselves.
When we inspected the bathroom, it was dirty,hairs in the bath, toilet roll holder was hanging off wall, shower head broken, wouldn't stay in place, very small sink with NO plug ! There was Only a half of toilet roll supplied ! (hence in future bring your own)
In the bedroom carpet needed a proper hoover !
Beds were scruffily made.
When we had finished settling into the room, we were told that every time we left the hotel we had to leave the key at reception and wait approx. 5 mins every time to get the key back, despite being told "there is always somebody at reception", the opposite proved to be the case !
At breakfast; We ordered our food, which was almost messed up, only for the fact I repeated what I wanted. The food was very scarce and not well cooked.
We will NEVER stay there again while present management are there !
I would strongly recommend that you DON'T stay there, not value for money,also very unfriendly staff at front of house ! (Reception)

Room Tip: You probably won't get the type of room requested.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
6  Thank susan5411
Reviewed 18 June 2011

The room was filthy and no chef to cook evening meals, @ 6:30 pm in the evening, imagine that! The town of Ballymote is very nice indeed and it has alot of history to it but I'm afraid I cannot say the same for this hotel. We won't be staying there again.

• Stayed: May 2011
1  Thank Taxi1234
Reviewed 3 March 2010

My partner, myself and our nearly 2 year old stayed here for 2 nights for a relatives wedding, and what a great experience. Staff were very friendly and helpful, and made our stay a delight.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled with family