All reviews for sunday lunch booked a table fish cakes honeymoon suite family meal hotel restaurant lovely decor small hotel double room stayed here for nights couldn't do enough pleasant stay one night stay sligo wardrobe toiletries
Reviewed 2 August 2011

My partner and I stayed at the Coach House Hotel from 27/07/011 - 01/08/11, unlike the review below we did not have as negative an experience as they did. We were booked in for a double room and were happy to be put in in a room with a double bed and a separate single (plenty of space to put our bags!). The room was well appointed, adequately equipped and cleaned thoroughly each and every morning.
I think certain things also need to be put in to perspective, Ballymote is not a vast metropolis, it is a small market town. Yes the front desk wasn't always manned but that's what the large silver bell is for. Both my partner and I found the staff (Claire) to be pleasant and helpful and especially appreciated the breakfast times from 9am -12pm for those days when the night before had taken its toll. In terms of food we again found breakfast to be to a good standard, my partner is vegetarian and there was no issues in accommodating this. We only ever had to say which of us had tea and coffee once on our first day and the same member of staff (Claire again!) would promptly bring over two large pots each throughout our stay. There was also a generous discount on evening meals for residents which can't be sniffed at given the comparative prices in Ireland and again the food was to a good standard.
The reason for our trip was for a surprise 60th party for my partners father, we had a lovely buffet and (extra)large cake provided by staff and were well looked after throughout the night. We went to others bars in Ballymote but were also at the Coach House for the live music.
Finally on our last day we asked with sore heads from the night before what time we had to check out, you cannot put a price on being told "oh don't worry about that, you leave when your ready". With all that in mind I would have no hesitation in recommending a pleasant stay at the Coach House along with a nod of the head towards the management and staff that make it so.

Date of stay: July 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Nivag123
Reviewed 28 July 2011

Arrived at hotel, waited 10 minutes to be seen to check in, although hotel was quiet at the time !
We were approached by an unfriendly, unprofessional woman and checked in !
We had previously booked a double room (as 2 of us) some few months prior to arriving.
We were not told until we saw the room that it was a family room ! (3 single beds) !
When we questioned this we were told (rudely) that all the rooms were full.
We had to ask about the breakfast times ourselves.
When we inspected the bathroom, it was dirty,hairs in the bath, toilet roll holder was hanging off wall, shower head broken, wouldn't stay in place, very small sink with NO plug ! There was Only a half of toilet roll supplied ! (hence in future bring your own)
In the bedroom carpet needed a proper hoover !
Beds were scruffily made.
When we had finished settling into the room, we were told that every time we left the hotel we had to leave the key at reception and wait approx. 5 mins every time to get the key back, despite being told "there is always somebody at reception", the opposite proved to be the case !
At breakfast; We ordered our food, which was almost messed up, only for the fact I repeated what I wanted. The food was very scarce and not well cooked.
We will NEVER stay there again while present management are there !
I would strongly recommend that you DON'T stay there, not value for money,also very unfriendly staff at front of house ! (Reception)

Room tip: You probably won't get the type of room requested.
Date of stay: July 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
6  Thank susan5411
Reviewed 18 June 2011

The room was filthy and no chef to cook evening meals, @ 6:30 pm in the evening, imagine that! The town of Ballymote is very nice indeed and it has alot of history to it but I'm afraid I cannot say the same for this hotel. We won't be staying there again.

Date of stay: May 2011
1  Thank Taxi1234
Reviewed 3 March 2010

My partner, myself and our nearly 2 year old stayed here for 2 nights for a relatives wedding, and what a great experience. Staff were very friendly and helpful, and made our stay a delight.

Date of stay: June 2008
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank monkeytoesKerikeri
Reviewed 31 August 2009

we stayed here for weekend for a party. check in was the quickest ive ever seen, place smelled lovely when came in door, staff were very friendly, as friendly as i have ever witnessed in a hotel, met all our needs, very comfortable and warm surroundings, food excellent and entertainment in bar good, goog atmosphere and room rate was deal of the century.

Date of stay: August 2009