US$76
PremierInn.com
US$56
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
Premier Inn Cardiff West Hotel(Wenvoe)(Great Value!)
US$80
US$167
TripAdvisor
Pitchup.com
  • Pool
All reviewscardiff airportan early flightstayed herewake up callshuttle servicecar parkingcontinental breakfastbeansan overnight staythe hotel is cleanbudget hotelthe ground floorfollowing morningbar areabooked this hotelgood nights sleepfree shuttle
Reviewed 9 September 2017 via mobile

We have stayed here loads of times over many years even spent last Christmas here. Always requested particular rooms when and the lovely Gemma always obliged, however the last couple of stays over the last few weeks Jermaine has reallocated owe room booking someone else. I think the fact this time was particularly rude as we were at the desk when he gave the room to people in front of us because they were complaining that their room was not ready, I made Jermaine aware that I had requested that room but basically he said tough. I found this to be the most unprofessional behavior that i have ever been subjected to. Annabel queried should she carry on coding the key now as they were aware of the situation and Jermaine said yes, Annabelle did apologize. I am a gold member but now I am considering using a different hotel, also the parking has become horrendous, mostly taken up by on site rentals and airport parking.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dianne-f23
Jemma B, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Cardiff Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2017

Hi Dianne-f23,
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback.
I am sorry to see that we were not able to give you the room that you wanted. Please rest assured I will be looking into this.
On your next stay please let us know if you have a preference to which floor, end or corridor and I will be more than happy to assist you.
My email address is deputy@hiexcardiffairport.co.uk
Once again thank you for taking the time to review your stay here with us.
It is only with such honest feedback that we can endeavor to improve.
We really hope to welcome you back very soon.

Reviewed 31 August 2017

Room very comfortable and clean BUT...food poor - very little choice - only vegetarian option was a cheese pizza. No mushroom risotto and the only other choice was burgers. My partner had to send his pizza back as it was cold. Drink selection very limited. Second night I was dining alone - this time there were no menus and I was told to go back to my room and have a look what I wanted from the menu in my room. The staff were helpful as far as it went but didn't really seem to know what they were doing. If you are staying overnight before catching a flight or just using it as a sleeping place it was fine but I wouldn't recommend it if you are looking for comfort stay.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Cardiff Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2017

Hello Jacqui G,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at Holiday Inn Express Cardiff Airport, UK. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We appreciate your nice comment about room cleanliness.

However, on behalf of the hotel, I'm sorry we fell below your expectation regarding food selection. We will address this concern. We take all reviews positive and negative very seriously, and your feedback will help us improve for our next guest or your next visit.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 31 August 2017 via mobile

Stayed here overnight before our flight to Tenerife on 22nd August. Room nice breakfast good, the transfer to airport was on time and quick. Left our car in their small long stay car park. On return to Cardiff airport, phoned hotel to ask them for transfer back to hotel to pick up car. 1/2 hour wait still no bus to pick us up, another guest was also waiting for transfer. Nearly an hour later and 3 phone calls a taxi from Barry was sent to pick us up. When we arrived at hotel their 2 transfer mini buses were both outside main entrance doing nothing. Meanway the highwayman inn had 3 mini buses waiting in the airport carpark to take people back to their cars.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Gareth J

Hello Gareth J,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay at Holiday Inn Express Cardiff Airport, UK. We strive to give great and impressive service to all of our guests and it makes us happy to read we exceeded your expectations. We look forward to welcoming you back to our establishment. Once again thank you for the wonderful and kind words of praise.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 17 August 2017

I had an early flight and although I live only 12 miles from Cardiff Airport, chose to stay overnight for convenience.
As I'm an IHG Rewards Club Member, I used my points inserted of payment.
I was warmly welcomed as a member of the 'family' and the service I received there was exemplary! Need I say more?
A 5 minute walk to the terminal ay 0400 completed the experience.
A very good option when flying and with onsite parking at a good rate.

Room Tip: My room overlooked the apron and I was not disturbed by aircraft noise.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
Jemma B, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Cardiff Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2017

Hi Bruce363021,
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback.
Its great to see that you enjoyed your recent stay here with and that you were happy with the service you received and as you said EXEMPLARY.
I have passed on your kind comments to my team as we like to share feedback.
Once again thank you for taking the time to review you stay here with us.
We really hope to welcome you back very soon.

Reviewed 16 August 2017

It was a very nice hotel next to the airport but did not hear any airport noise. The breakfast was nice and we walked to the airport in the morning. It was a very comfortable stay 'though the room did seem to get hot, but that seemed to plague us the whole trip. The staff were really friendly, we would definately stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family

Hi Nicholas,
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback.
Its great to see that you enjoyed your recent stay here with us and found our team friendly.
I am pleased that you had a comfortable stay and enjoyed our breakfast.
Once again thank you for taking the time to review you stay here with us.
We hope to be able to welcome you back to the hotel again in the future.