“Comfy beds ”

Holiday Inn Express Cardiff Airport
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Rhoose
Reviewed 12 September 2017 via mobile

We got in at 3am to be told we had been put down as no shows. I was A) under the impression night audits weren't done until about 5am and B) surely being eight next to the airport they had come across this before. However the young girl on reception was very friendly and though she exclaimed to bare with her she hadn't done nights in awhile; had managed to get us booked in.

Rooms were standard and after a long flight and long day the bed was comfortable. We didn't stay for breakfast the next morning. The lady who checked us out though was wonderful, helpful and friendly. I would definitely stay here again and try the food this time.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Carl D, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Cardiff Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2017

Dear Milly m,

Many thanks for taking the time to review your stay with us. I was pleased to read that although a slight delay on arrival you had a good experience with us and found the team to be friendly and helpful.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the near future.

Best regards
Carl Davies-Phillips

Reviewed 9 September 2017 via mobile

We have stayed here loads of times over many years even spent last Christmas here. Always requested particular rooms when and the lovely Gemma always obliged, however the last couple of stays over the last few weeks Jermaine has reallocated owe room booking someone else. I think the fact this time was particularly rude as we were at the desk when he gave the room to people in front of us because they were complaining that their room was not ready, I made Jermaine aware that I had requested that room but basically he said tough. I found this to be the most unprofessional behavior that i have ever been subjected to. Annabel queried should she carry on coding the key now as they were aware of the situation and Jermaine said yes, Annabelle did apologize. I am a gold member but now I am considering using a different hotel, also the parking has become horrendous, mostly taken up by on site rentals and airport parking.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dianne-f23
Jemma B, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Cardiff Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2017

Hi Dianne-f23,
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback.
I am sorry to see that we were not able to give you the room that you wanted. Please rest assured I will be looking into this.
On your next stay please let us know if you have a preference to which floor, end or corridor and I will be more than happy to assist you.
My email address is deputy@hiexcardiffairport.co.uk
Once again thank you for taking the time to review your stay here with us.
It is only with such honest feedback that we can endeavor to improve.
We really hope to welcome you back very soon.
Kind Regards
Jemma Baker
Deputy General Manager

Reviewed 31 August 2017

Room very comfortable and clean BUT...food poor - very little choice - only vegetarian option was a cheese pizza. No mushroom risotto and the only other choice was burgers. My partner had to send his pizza back as it was cold. Drink selection very limited. Second night I was dining alone - this time there were no menus and I was told to go back to my room and have a look what I wanted from the menu in my room. The staff were helpful as far as it went but didn't really seem to know what they were doing. If you are staying overnight before catching a flight or just using it as a sleeping place it was fine but I wouldn't recommend it if you are looking for comfort stay.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Cardiff Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2017

Hello Jacqui G,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at Holiday Inn Express Cardiff Airport, UK. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We appreciate your nice comment about room cleanliness.

However, on behalf of the hotel, I'm sorry we fell below your expectation regarding food selection. We will address this concern. We take all reviews positive and negative very seriously, and your feedback will help us improve for our next guest or your next visit.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 31 August 2017 via mobile

Stayed here overnight before our flight to Tenerife on 22nd August. Room nice breakfast good, the transfer to airport was on time and quick. Left our car in their small long stay car park. On return to Cardiff airport, phoned hotel to ask them for transfer back to hotel to pick up car. 1/2 hour wait still no bus to pick us up, another guest was also waiting for transfer. Nearly an hour later and 3 phone calls a taxi from Barry was sent to pick us up. When we arrived at hotel their 2 transfer mini buses were both outside main entrance doing nothing. Meanway the highwayman inn had 3 mini buses waiting in the airport carpark to take people back to their cars.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Gareth J

Hello Gareth J,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay at Holiday Inn Express Cardiff Airport, UK. We strive to give great and impressive service to all of our guests and it makes us happy to read we exceeded your expectations. We look forward to welcoming you back to our establishment. Once again thank you for the wonderful and kind words of praise.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 17 August 2017

I had an early flight and although I live only 12 miles from Cardiff Airport, chose to stay overnight for convenience.
As I'm an IHG Rewards Club Member, I used my points inserted of payment.
I was warmly welcomed as a member of the 'family' and the service I received there was exemplary! Need I say more?
A 5 minute walk to the terminal ay 0400 completed the experience.
A very good option when flying and with onsite parking at a good rate.

Room Tip: My room overlooked the apron and I was not disturbed by aircraft noise.