“Excellent find for Lunch”
Review of Ristorante Il Girarrosto - CLOSED

Ristorante Il Girarrosto
Price range: US$19 - US$45
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 22 May 2017 via mobile

We visited Il Girarrosto for lunch after scootering around the area. We started with Seconda Piatto which was delicious. I had the Spaghetto Bardicchio which tasted amazing , and my wife had Tortello Pecorina what she says can only be described as the best pasta she has ever eaten. We had a glass each of the house white which was so good we took a photo of the bottle so we can look for it when we go home.
The waiter was excellent and talked us through the menu, I regret not asking his name.
I would highly recommend a visit.

Reviewed 18 December 2016 via mobile

We really enjoy Sunday's here.food is great and the staff is very nice. Great for the family.big screen tv to watch the Sunday sports.
I highly recommend this place for a. Ice relaxing Sunday lunch.

Reviewed 3 September 2016

We visited here early on in our stay, and had an excellent meal in really lovely surroundings indoors. The next time we visited, we ate outside at the back of the restaurant - again lovely food and excellent service. Could not fault a single thing. Worth a visit!

Reviewed 22 July 2016

We stumbled on to this restaurant in Pontasseive, after a full day in Florence. Had a wonderful dinner which everyone in our party was pleased with. 2 days later, we found ourselves here again and this time we were treated to one of the best meals of our trip. The owner remembered us from the first visit and welcomed us back. Had a nice table in their enclosed courtyard area, so we could enjoy the air conditioning, as it was still pretty hot on their outdoor patio. The owner took served our table and was very personable and passionate about the offerings on their menu. He took the time to explain some of the dinners others in our party had questions on and made sure they knew what they were getting.

For me, it was all about the calzone. I love calzone and I have had my share to compare against one and other. I can honestly say, hands down... They served the very best calzone I have ever had. The crust was thin, not thick and doughy. The filling, including ham, olives, artichoke hearts and cheese was evenly distributed across the whole calzone, with just the right amount of tomato sauce to compliment, but not overpower the combination of flavors. Paired with a Ruffino Chianti, it was a truly wonderful way to end our week in Tuscany...! The owner was nice enough to pass my compliments to his chef, who in turned came out to thank me for my compliments!

If you are ever in Pontassieve, or even if in Florence and want to see the Tuscan country side, definitely give this restaurant a try. You will not be disappointed.

1  Thank SDscubadiver
Reviewed 11 May 2016

We stumbled over Il Girarrosto whilst staying in Pelago which does not have any restaurants and we were so happy we went back 2 nights later! The owner took the time to explain the menu as they have only currently got Italian menus as they have recently been changed so hopefully English ones will become available. The first time we had the meat and cheese platter to start and it was beautiful. If you order a meat main dish you will need to order a side although after the starter I was quite happy to not bother when I had my steak which was wonderfully cooked (I loke medium\rare so if you prefer anything beyond this I would advise telling them). All in all we had 2 lovely meals and would recommend