Lowest prices for your stay
US$322
View deal
All reviews a la carte soft opening rooftop restaurant table service management team buffet style evening entertainment newly refurbished hotel duplex apartment mango bay great resort trying hard families stay palm fringed beach ocean view suite balloons and banners wear long trousers
Selected filters
Reviewed 19 December 2020 via mobile

This was our second visit to The Sands and we were not disappointed at all. The staff are all so amazing, the rooms perfect and comfortable and the food just right. We wanted for nothing during our recent visit. The linens were top quality, the fruit and omelettes at breakfast were always excellent and the drinks were all top shelf.

Date of stay: December 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank meebjt
Reviewed 16 December 2020

Working for the NHS, I needed a really relaxing holiday just before the first lockdown and what I expected would be a tough time ahead which I have absolutely experienced.

I did book this based in absolute confirmation and recommendation from Tropical Skies who I have used before. What a disappointment from an agent I previously trusted. What a mistake which I will never do again.

I questioned my agent hard to make sure it was the right quality and as soon as I arrived, I knew it wasn’t. I’ve travel to the Caribbean a lot and, in Barbados, had had several holidays at The Waves which whilst a bit more expensive, I know can deliver quality and are excellent. The Sands are no where near the same league.

Having waited 9months for satisfactory resolution of my complaint, what is clear is neither they nor Tropical Skies, my agent I have used many times, care.

The noise in the room I was given was so loud, I recorded it and sent to Tropical Skies as evidence. The hotel claim this was only 1 day in the week when I have evidence it was most days, with the hotel accessing my private balcony to use power to enable the disco to happen each evening.p - see photos. Despite my complaints, including ringing reception at 1130pm most evening to ask when noise would stop, nothing happened the next day.

I have just received feedback from the hotel which is completely inaccurate. They claim to have offered me an alternate room. They didn’t. They told me there wasn’t an alternate quality room( which I had paid them well for) available nor did they offer me any reduction/ rebate if I moved to a lower level room which on websites was considerably lower cost than I paid, nor recognition they would reimburse me this difference.

I complained at the time and got no where and have got nowhere since. I paid not much less than other hotels which are far better. So, depends what you want but this hotel, plus service at tropical skies is not worth the few £100 you may save.

So disappointed but I will not make this mistake again and want to make sure that no one else who thinks they have booked a much higher quality hotel than they have to beware and avoid disappointment,

If you see photos I have provided below you can see how close the disco was to my room and also how the hotel used the power from my supposed private balcony each night. This has never been recognised and is not what I expect from a supposed four star hotel. I have given the hotel and Tropical Skies enough opportunities to rectify this matter which they don’t want to do and so I feel forced to provide this information.

Obviously, this is not what I see as quality and although it was promised by my agents Tropical Skies it wasn’t delivered. If, like me, you work hard to afford holidays, Just beware! If you have a problem, they don’t care and neither do Tropical Skies.

Date of stay: April 2020
Shireene Tulloch, Other at The Sands Barbados, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2021

Dear 961arenp,

We are so very sorry that this matter took so long to be resolved, largely because of the major disruption to our businesses caused by COVID-19.

I am new to the company but have reviewed your case along with our team and assure you that we care deeply. We understand and appreciate the tremendous job that the NHS and all health care workers are doing during these very difficult times, and how very much a break away from what you are dealing with daily means to you.

I am saddened to read that your time with us was not what you dreamed it would be. I understand that the hotel was extremely full when you visited which is why a room change was not possible at the time.

I assure you that both Tropical Sky, who offers superb service, and ourselves have been working together to bring closure to this matter, and hope that you will be happier after hearing from us.

It means a lot to us that you chose The Sands , a brand new, and beautiful property, for your special holiday. We hope that you will return to Barbados soon, and that we will have the opportunity to make your next vacation ultra-special!!.

With best regards,

Shireene Mathlin-Tulloch
Group CEO

Reviewed 18 November 2020

Great spot to quarantine. They have patios, a select area of their amazing restaurant (great food), all inclusive drinks, great service, and a select area to sit near the beach. They also have a room with a nurse for your second Covid test they arrange for you. Highly recommend to stay here especially during your quarantine.

Date of stay: November 2020
4  Thank Angela M
Reviewed 8 November 2020

Romonia the front desk clerk was really helpful the waiter Peter was really he went above and beyond to make sure everything was night my boyfriend told him it was my birthday when we came back down for lunch he had it dress up

Date of stay: November 2020
Reviewed 28 October 2020 via mobile

Just got back from the sands hotel Barbados fantastic hotel staff very friendly food fantastic pool lovely the staff did everything they could to make our stay enjoyable especially with this covid around . Big shout out to Joanne Isabella Omar tanya Jason Joe and many more .. if your thinking about visiting Barbados this hotel is fantastic

Date of stay: October 2020