All reviews mouse island hotel is clean budget holiday bus stop mini market bit dated blue lagoon cleaned every day relaxing holiday valentina karaoke
Reviewed 14 October 2017 via mobile

We booked this hotel as we were meeting friends there who had already booked. When we red the reviews we were worried about the hotel. When we got there our opinion changed instantly. Great room, good size and cleaned daily. Good food, we never went hungry as there was always something we all liked and good size pool. The staff are fantastic!! and work very hard. Always happy to help with any questions. Some people were complaining about the planes that go passed but that is to be expected when you are 10 mins from the airport but u can't hear them at night and it's actually quite a sight to see them go passed low to the sea. We were never board, and we were only a 15 min bus trip to Corfu town with lots of shops and stuff to do. Also some great little places to eat 5 mins walk away if u fancy it . We would definitely go back if we decide to go to Corfu again.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank Laura C
Reviewed 13 October 2017

Staff friendly and helpful ,manager was available nearly all day 10 out 10 for effort
Hotel in need of update looking a bit tired but not a problem cleaned every day
Drinks was ( all inclusive Light) premium brands extra ,didn't seem many on the premiums
Food was basic chips,beans,salads and a choice of meat and fish dishes,
never heard of any complaints plenty of food available
Bus stop to Corfu out side Hotel (get tickets from shop about €1.20 per trip )
Couple of attraction near by ,Mouse Island ,Vlakerena Convent ,but the causeway is the big attraction as the planes pass just above your head get your camera ready
If you looking for a no frills holiday on budget,well worth a look

Room tip: If you like planes a sea view is a must ,but you get good views Greece / Albania Also Dolphins if your lucky !!
Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Robert S
Reviewed 12 October 2017

I am still not sure where to start with this review but here goes!! I cannot express how much the bad reviews about this place are all true! I went with an open mind and after being there for a day, I had already made my mind up that I would never stay here again. It wasn't that there was one thing I could say was bad, it was lots of things that made the whole thing bad.

The location is okay but there is nothing to do so you can get a bit bored. We caught the bus to Corfu Town & Benitses, but not much to do in either of them.

My 2 main issues were, the Food (or lack of) and the smell that hits you when you first get into your rooms. The food was awful, not a lot of choice and it was very repetitive, what you had for lunch you had for dinner, there was no choice for breakfast so I stuck to toast and coffee (as there was NO tea bags). Then we find out that you have to PAY for pool bar snacks, on other All Inc's I've been on, these have been free but not here, you pay for them. Between 4pm & 5pm there are free pool bar snacks, which consist of 2 small trays of dry bread, with ham & cheese or there was some spinach quiche. This I thought was terrible!! The drinks were just as bad too, I saw people buying their vodka & beer & pop because the stuff behind the bar was bad.

We had to move rooms due to noise and smell. We were originally in 116, which had no balcony but a shared courtyard with other rooms and it was under the bar, no thank you!! So moved out of there on the 2nd day. With a charge of 50euros, we was moved to a 4th floor sea view room, which I highly recommend. Once we was moved, I felt better but the hotel is still poor! Which is a shame because it could be a marvellous hotel, just needs a huge investment. The only positive I have for this hotel, was the 2 girls on Reception, they go above & beyond to help you, especially the girl that organised our room move, couldn't thank her enough.

You really do get what you paid for with this hotel but no way in hell is this a 4star hotel more a 1/2star. Makes Faulty Towers look like the Hilton!!

Room tip: When you do book this hotel, request & email the hotel, for a sea view room. We had room 403 and the views from the balcony are AMAZING
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank ZoeC79
Reviewed 10 October 2017

Reading reviews of this hotel prior to travel I was somewhat sceptical but having travelled and stayed in hotels with similar reviews I went with an open mind. After all a holiday is what you make it.
After an early morning arrival I managed to make breakfast. It was basic but enough, no bacon though.
Then a scout around to get bearings and see what was available. Mostly English taking a late break, a few Russians, Germans and French. A great mix and all together for the evening entertainment.
Lunch and dinner had a limited choice but there was always something and never hungry.
Staff excellent, friendly and helpful.
Rooms cleaned daily and although hotel could do with an upgrade it was clean and tidy.
A short walk to Mouse island, right at the end of the airport runway.
Easy trip by bus to Corfu town and able to book an island tour with Tracey at the travel agents outside the hotel.
Overall a very relaxing time and great value.

Room tip: Sea view rooms will be noisy from planes but the views and sunrise are exceptional.
Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank Mark S
Reviewed 9 October 2017 via mobile

Worst break ever.

Food absolutey shocking!!
Room was ok very basic but did the job.
Shower warm in the morning but goes freezing on a night.

Hotel was run down but we didnt expect much for the money we paid.

Corfu town and benitses are close by (bus/taxi) not a great deal to do in either.

I dont normally leave reviews but this deserved a mention.

Unless your wanting to go on a diet and be bored then this is perfect. If you want edible food then book else where.

Trip type: Travelled with friends