All reviews san biagio beer monastery spa wedding peace atmosphere beauty property assisi dinner
Reviewed 24 May 2018 via mobile

We ended up here by accident as it was part of the same property group where our original booking had been cancelled.
This place would be ideal if you like peace, tranquility and escape but it was not really what we had first planned for our stay. Also surprised there was no TV, fridge or safe in the room.
Apparently we were the only people staying at this time because they were preparing for a large wedding this coming weekend. (I feel it would be an amazing place for a wedding). It did feel a bit strange having the whole dining room to ourselves for dinner but Mario, our chef (and waiter) was a great character that added fun to the evening. We enjoyed sampling their own beer and wine.
Cannot really say it is good or bad, it is just not for everyone.

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Serena C, Responsabile reception at Relais Monastero di San Biagio, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2018

Thanks for your thought, we also stress that it is not for everyone !!

Reviewed 20 May 2018 via mobile

What can we say, peaceful, tranquility, great food, amazing home brewed beer and wine, an incredible place. will definitely return, everything was perfect.
And a Special thanks to GianLuca, for his exceptional care.
Ps. Next time we’re booking the Spa...

best,
Teresa and Paolo Vincenti
August 2017 trip.

Date of stay: August 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you for your thought, a warm greeting from The Staff

Reviewed 10 January 2017

I stayed here for 6 nights over the Christmas holidays. I'd had a long, stressful year and I simply wanted something peaceful and fully catered for the hols - away from massive commercialism and confusion that Christmas has now become.

San Biagio was perfect. I decided to go there when I saw the second photo on the website (if you can call it a website - but I will comment on that later). It's the photo where you see the building in the forest. It looked like a small piece of heaven on earth.

I have to say that it was more than I expected. The rooms were lovely, quaint, well restored and peaceful with lovely views. I was allowed access to the chapel and just sitting here knitting was one of the most calming experiences ever.

I'm not sure about the atmosphere of the restaurant - there was something about the layout that I didn't find very appealing. The food was superb. In fact I was forced to skip a few meals because I just couldn't eat anymore. The wine was very good and the beer that I tried was fantastic.

The Spa!!!! Another world! Incredible. I didn't discover it until the very end of my stay but it was the best part of my experience there.

In general - the staff are super friendly especially the receptionist. The place is very different (better) if you have it all to yourself - as I did most of the time - or if there are many others staying there - which happened on my last evening there.

My one pet peeve (hence 4 instead of 5 stars) - you hear almost everything from the other rooms (flushing toilets, the 'marching' with the shoes etc. This may not have been a problem for the monks but it was a slight irritation for me - especially late at night or early in the morning.

Suggestion to the proprietors - please, please do something about your website. It is absolutely horrid and almost impossible to navigate. It does not do justice to the place.

I would highly recommend staying here. For me it just wasn't a Christmas away, it was a blissful experience.

Date of stay: December 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 26 October 2016 via mobile

A wonderful place to be. The warmth of the building, the wild of nature and the silence all around, make of this place a magical spot for healing, meditation or simply a quiet vacation.

You find also a wonderful spa that keeps the herbal healing tradition of the monks, a chapel, a pool. The whole surrounded by mountains with spectacular views.

Date of stay: October 2016
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 3 October 2016

My wife and I spent a wonderful weekend at San Biagio. We went there in order to get away and relax. The place itself is stunning, sitting in the hills outside Assisi. There is an amazing spa with a hammam and a lovely little chapel that was part of the old monastery where you can sit and enjoy the calm.

The meals were fabulous. A lot of the products are grown locally and the beer, brewed just down the hill from the hotel, is some of the best artisan beer I have ever tasted.

As befitting a place focused on well-being and relaxation, there is not a lot to 'do', in fact some rooms didn't even have TVs when we were there, but if you want to get a way and really unwind, this is the place.

Date of stay: June 2016