1,684 results
All reviews cigar bar gourmet restaurant playa pilar beach bar cabana beds pizza fish boardwalk area foam party board walk volleyball pool a la carte restaurants stayed in building ocean view chicken junior suite main pool
Reviewed 23 September 2018

I visited this hotel at the end of august it was our first time to Cuba.
The room was great had a massive bed and our cleaner Kayleigh did a fantastic job.
The beach and boardwalk area oh my god I was in my element,the water was warm like bath water and the snorkelling was amazing saw barracuda,lobsters,lion fish,tang fish,angel fish,rays and many others.
Also went out on the pedaloes and hobbiecats so cool as I love been on the water.
The food was not the best,but the two days when they were filming the food was so much better if the food was like this all the time then there might not be so many complaints from people,I am fussy with food so I was just happy as long as I could find something to eat each day which I did so no complaints from me.
The staff omg such beautiful and helpful people who work so hard.
A big shout out to Yenia,Janet on customer service you do such a great job
Also Jeanette on reception you were so helpfulThankyou
Yudel and Maria who worked in the lobby serving our drinks,lovely girls Thankyou
And the guys from the beach bar for bringing our drinks
And last but not least the most fantastic friendly guy who I think has the best job in the world MANUEL was a pleasure to meet you
All in all loved our stay and if I can persuade my husband to fly long haul again I would most definitely return.

Stayed: August 2018
8  Thank Sharron S
IberostarHoteles, Quality Manager at Iberostar Playa Pilar, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2018

Dear guest,

It is always fabulous for us to receive such complimentary reviews like yours.

We really do appreciate the time and effort you have taken to share this excellent opinion of your recent holiday at our beautiful five-star hotel.

We have treated your description of our services and facilities as a success story and your comments confirm that we are definitely on the right track with our numerous efforts and our attention to detail.

We are therefore very grateful to you for your excellent review and will be delighted to welcome you back again in the near future.

Reviewed 19 September 2018

Visited this resort for the first time Sept 11-18. Even before we arrived Janet at customer service answered my e-mails and assisted with a la carte reservations. We received a warm welcome at the front desk from Hector and later Lily. Taken promptly to our room we were close to everything in Bungalow 8. Our first room did not have the full ocean view but that was corrected the very next day. The rooms are large, well decorated with an amazing walk in shower. The girls worked hard to keep it clean and provide daily towel art which is fantastic.
The food quality overall was good and at certain times excellent as in our 3 specialty restaurants, Gourmet, Japanese and Mediterranean. Just the show at the Japanese is worth it !!! One night in the main buffet they set up a cheese station with dried fruit and nuts it was so good.
What can you say about the Entertainment staff, Amazing, Amazing, Amazing. From the manager "little Mike" to everyone Yamilka, Mary, Annie, Alexis, Osmany, Darien and everyone else a huge thank-you. I do not usually participate but they made it so much fun that I came home with 5 winners cerificates and a gold medal. Not bad for a 63 yr old !!
At the beach you could be sure of good service, a big smile and good conversation with Manuel. Such a hard worker and nothing is ever a problem to make your stay perfect.
This is Cuba never forget but the beach, the ocean and the people make this country a must visit in my opinion. The Iberostar does all it can for its guests and I am sure we will be back......next week would suit me keep my room available please .

Room Tip: I enjoy top floor for the view and of course ocean view.
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Wendy V
IberostarHoteles, Quality Manager at Iberostar Playa Pilar, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2018

Dear Wendy,

It has been a real pleasure to read that you had such a great time in our hospitality at our beautiful five-star resort and we want to thank you for sharing it with others.

The fact that we were able to provide you with such a wonderful holiday experience is extremely satisfying for us and we will continue working hard to achieve this every day. We try to think of everything to provide our guests with a perfect holiday.

Once more, we are very grateful to you for sharing this review of our hotel and we look forward to serve you again very soon.

Reviewed 19 September 2018 via mobile

The general standards of food hygiene during our two week honeymoon have been shocking ! Only eating pasta that is prepared in front of us at present . All other dishes are left uncovered and also covered in fly’s including raw meat.

Last night they relocated the buffet to another smaller restaurant. On arrival for dinner I found the following:

. Salad Bar Uncovered + hot + covered in fly’s
. Hot dishes not covered
. Raw meat left out and chicken and beef mixed + fly’s
. Pizza dough left out uncovered and covered in fly’s

I am absolutely disgusted by the food hygiene standards here and none of the staff are correctly trained .... This is displayed by the way they conduct themselves around food .

I have reported last nights events and our general unhappiness to the Hotel and our Thomas Cook Rep , neither are at all interested .

A really rubbish holiday can’t wait to go home Sunday !!!!

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
10  Thank jodiche83

Dear Guest,

First of all, we would like to thank you for your review and say that it is through feedback such as yours that we can continue to improve our standards.

We are very disappointed to read that we did not fulfil your expectations regarding our dining area. Due to the climate and location of our hotel, unfortunately, at times, we do find a few flies. Our staff, however, do their best to eliminate them and to follow all health and safety procedures. However, we will pass your observations to the right department and we are grateful for the improvement opportunity that your comment gives us.

Please note the hotel also has four restaurants that offer Italian, Japanese, Mediterranean and Cuban gastronomy and that you can book for these in advance to try other options.

Once more, we would like to thank you for your opinion, and we hope that you had a pleasant journey home.

Best regards,

Reviewed 19 September 2018 via mobile

Very nice hotel very impressed drink and food 24 hours perd day I am so happy whit the experience I have in Ibero star playa Pilar thank to the chef Fernando to make Our experience better for us and my family Chef Fernando take care of very well my family and make everything possible for us very nice guy thank you I’m going to come back the next year for more days specially the lady from the omelette stations very nice And very nice teamwork they have over there

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
4  Thank bryan c

Dear Bryan,

Firstly, we would like to thank you for your excellent review of Iberostar and we are delighted that you enjoyed your holiday at our beautiful four-star hotel.

Our goal is to create a particularly pleasant atmosphere for our guests with our numerous services in our wonderfully designed hotel, so your words confirming our success are really important to us. We promise to extend your praise to all of our dedicated colleagues because we do have quite a remarkable team here.

It is also good to know that you hold us in fond memories and we really look forward to welcoming you again next year.

Reviewed 18 September 2018

2nd time we have visited this hotel. Its rated at 5 stars which it is by Cuban standards. The rooms are clean and a good size with a huge kingsize bed or to doubles. The hotel is set in amazing bay perfect for snorkelling and swimming with crystal clear water and an aray of fish! It has a beautiful boardwalk where you can watch the ocean. I didnt bother with the pool as the beach is perfect dor me.
The staff - what can I say... they are amazing! Genuinely kind helpfully pwople who really go out of their way to make your stay thw best it can be.
The food - buffet style which is pretty much the same as any AI buffets. There is a la carte restaurants which are good.
Would I stay again? Yes - not for the food (I dont holiday for the food ha ha) but for the location and its amazing staff.

Room Tip: Quiter rooms are on 2ns and 3rd floors. Rooms on ground are good but not near stairwell as noisy.
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Jayne K
IberostarHoteles, Quality Manager at Iberostar Playa Pilar, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2018

Dear Jayne,

First of all, we would like you to accept our appreciation for the loyalty you have shown us by returning to our hotel for your recent holiday. We want you to know that we are really happy that you had such an excellent holiday with us and thank you for sharing your experience.

As we aim on a daily basis to exceed the needs and goals of our valued guests and provide them with a place of joy and total comfort, we are obviously humbled by your kind words.

We would like to express our gratitude once again for your wonderful feedback and hope to have the honour of serving you again in the future.