Lowest prices for your stay
travelup.com
Free cancellation until 20/05/21
Booking.comUS$486
FindHotel
ZenHotels.comUS$490
All reviews cobbler afternoon tea the general manager water skiing water sports small hotel ocean front suite boutique hotel garden view lobster lush gardens pool deck travel agent repeat guests every meal swimming with turtles caribbean sea
Selected filters
Reviewed 14 December 2020

I genuinely could not stop laughing for the first 24 hours as I was in shocked disbelief that such a magical place could exist. This is the desert island dream come true, except it comes with a world class kitchen, staff and bar.

The sunny Caribbean sea, the cool breeze, the palm trees, the wonderful atmosphere, the smiling people. Timeless elegance, glamour and charm, yet a totally relaxed and unfussy feel. This truly is the good life.

Of course, such a life is not complete without impeccable cocktails by Pearson the barman, concocted in a silver cocktail shaker in front of you as you inhale the Barbados air, listen to the rhythm of the tree frogs and admire the sunset. The staff are brilliant and truly try hard to please and look after their guests (who, by the way, are all smiling in content wonder as a result). The food is exquisite - smoked flying fish for breakfast with a glass of freshly squeezed orange juice a particular favourite, and well earned after a morning swim in the clear blue waters.

Water-skiing, swimming with turtles, a fishing trip... the magnificent Cobblers staff can arrange anything you ask for. And the supremely talented chef will then turn your prize catch into a mouthwatering lunch to be shared with your friends.

One other useful thing to note is that quarantining at the hotel (mandatory in line with government rules) is about as delightful as quarantine can be. Plenty of quarantine areas beyond your rooms where you can eat, drink and relax. In fact you'd happily test positive. Indeed, I almost wish I had on my last day so that I couldn't leave.

Cobblers Cove is one of those incredibly rare places that is able to suspend reality. It is impossible to worry about anything here and I cannot recommend it more highly. Magnificent hotel with magnificent staff. Every little thing is going to be alright.

Date of stay: December 2020
1  Thank rozzlekicks
Joanna Roterberg, General Manager at Cobblers Cove, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2021

Dear rozzlekicks

Thank you for taking the time to share such a glorious and detailed review of your recent experience at Cobblers Cove.

We are delighted you enjoyed all the lovely aspects of Cobblers. The team and I are humbled at your kind words and the many compliments for all aspects of our product and service.

Barbados and Cobblers Cove look forward to welcoming you back to our beautiful island in the near future, in the meantime please stay safe.

Every little thing is going to be alright.

Reviewed 13 December 2020 via mobile

Overall we had a wonderful stay. The team was very accommodating and not intrusive at all although friendly and chatty. Cobblers is a gorgeous, small boutique hotel, quietly set on the stunning platinum coast line with a beautiful pink main building, bedrooms set in a lovely garden and views over the lapping water. Sunbathing by the pool, with the warm calm sea right next to you is the biggest treat. The check in and reception team were lovely and our room (garden view) was perfect for us. We had to quarantine for 48 hours on arrival, but this was managed well and there were separate areas for guests in quarantine or after testing. We really enjoyed the water sports on offer and went paddle boarding, snorkelling and swimming with turtles- incredible. The restaurant looks over the water which is a real treat, the breakfasts were good, they occasionally missed things from our order or things weren’t available but nothing to much. We only had one dinner in the restaurant, on island night, where the service was great and the food was delicious. Our only real gripe about the food was the cost of the sides on the bar menu- it was 2 sides for 1 fixed price, but if you only ordered one side you were still charged for two- this seems silly but once we knew we just ordered two. It might be worth the bar staff mentioning this when taking an order and offering a second if only one is requested.
All in all we loved our stay, all the staff were really friendly and made an effort with the guests. Clearly guests are needed on this beautiful island but although it was quieter than it normally would be, it was a wonderful stay, thank you!

Date of stay: December 2020
1  Thank ogy123

Dear ogy123

Thank you for taking the time to share your wonderful experience.

We are delighted you enjoyed all the lovely aspects of Cobblers including our dedicated team, our charming décor, beautiful gardens, watersports and delicious food. We have noted your feedback in relation to our side options on our menu. Thank you for pointing this out.

Thank you for your positive feedback on our COVID-19 quarantine facilities.

Barbados and Cobblers Cove look forward to welcoming you back to our beautiful island in the near future, in the meantime please stay safe!

Reviewed 24 November 2020

For the discriminating, the spoiled, the discerning and the travelled this hotel is a shining star.
It’s hard up against the ocean with a coral break that discourages all hawkers. The privacy and tranquility is made completely by elaborate tropical fern planters and emplacements and ultra high end recliners allow to relax while enjoying the birdsong and waves with no music.
Management clearly gets it in every way with thoughtful design touches enhancing basic “ Barbados Beach House”
sensibilities with well chosen triple weight towels, ultra comfortable beds and pillows, high end linens with the best light robes I’ve ever seen. Super friendly welcome at the front desk gave way to thoughtful service at the restaurant and pool.
This hotel is a gem and I am a grateful current guest.

Date of stay: November 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Joanna Roterberg, General Manager at Cobblers Cove, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2020

Dear scottcA5077SI

Thank you so much for this lovely review, it is indeed our pleasure to have you staying with us and we are very pleased you find our hotel a shining star.

We trust you will continue to enjoy your stay with us and I remain at your disposal.

Reviewed 18 November 2020

Cobblers has been transformed. We arrived for the October half term break and were blown away by the amount of money, time and effort that has gone into to turning the property into a Messel inspired Caribbean dreamscape. We were whisked through reception by the lovely staff, and shown to our rooms set in tropical gardens of giant ferns, climbing orchids, coconut palms and bougainvillea. Our second covid test was arranged immediately and within 12 hours we were sitting in the main dining room enjoying fresh lobster linguine (for me) and a prime beef cheeseburger for my daughter. (The food is so good that guests from Coral Reef were coming here each night for dinner). The staff were incredible, so keen to make sure we were comfortable, the rooms have all been redecorated to extremely high standards, and the children were busy with Bradley on the boat, waterskiing, snorkeling and doughnutting. I had read glowing reviews in Tatler, The Times and Conde Nast Traveller magazine and in every respect, the hotel did not disappoint. What a treat we had!!

Date of stay: October 2020
1  Thank 319catharines

Dear 319catharines

Many thanks for taking the time to share all the details of your holiday experience at Cobblers Cove and I am delighted that you have enjoyed your stay.

I very much hope that I will have an opportunity to welcome you back very soon.

Warmest regards

Reviewed 25 October 2020 via mobile

I’ve known Cobblers for over 20 years it hasn’t changed and no money has been spent on it in that time , when my parents stayed here 30 odd years ago it was probably luxury now not so much the entrance is tired then you walk to the restaurant the entrance there is even worse pots trying to cover up damp patches on the mat , to me it just lazy I’m a decorator it would take nothing and not much money to change . The restaurant needs a serious re vamp and the staff need training, they removed plates half way through the meal and didn’t know what was on the menu , they were pleasant but clueless ,I train my staff better in my house, also keep up my house by updating and redecorating continually. This hotel needs a major overhaul and can not rest on its laurels if it wants to stay in business. I find it very sad that a hotel that was an institution is what it is now a sad rather dowdy place in a beautiful location.

Date of stay: October 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank alfie2016
Hugh Godsal, Owner at Cobblers Cove, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2020

Hi Alfie - I have to say that I was a little upset to read your review. Its just that we have completely refurbished the hotel over the last 5 years and have invested an awful lot of money. I don't think that 'dowdy' is a very accurate adjective, nor that we are 'resting on our laurels'. It certainly does not feel like that, given the enormous amount of work that we have put into the business in recent years. Most commentators think that we have achieved a wonderfully fresh new look for the hotel. We don't have any record of your staying at the hotel so I assume that you came for a meal and perhaps didn't therefore have a good look around to see all the improvements that have been made. We did however have a lot of rain at the time of your review, resulting in a slow drip leak in the hall of the Great House. We have a very large flat roof and the Great House is built out of coral stone, which as you will know makes leaks common and hard to fix. So we did have a problem for a few days, so we put a plant plot under the drip to capture the water. I am sorry that there were problems with your restaurant service - we have a great team, but they have only just come back from a long period of Covid enforced layoff and are now learning to adapt to the new protocols that are required to keep staff and guests safe. I would very much like to discuss your review with you, so please do get in touch. Thanks, Hugh