“Best meal we have had in the Caribbean”
Review of Beach One - CLOSED

Beach One
Price range: US$10 - US$50
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Beach One is a Tropical Lounge and Restaurant located in heart of St. Lawrence Gap, Christ Church, Barbados. Picture an award-winning five star restaurant in the spirit of Miami's Art Deco South Beach District, now place that image into a stunning setting on a gorgeous Caribbean beach...You have Beach One. Beach One boasts a unique flair of Caribbean delicacies served with a friendly side of Barbadian hospitality. Casual yet elegant attire, good vibes in a relaxed atmosphere, sophisticated cocktail bar and welcoming people. Opening Hours - Lunch 12 noon - 3PM (Sunday's Only) Dinner 6 - 11 PM (Open every night) Wine & Cocktails 6 PM - Midnight (Open every night)
Reviewed 26 January 2016

The location is beautiful, as is the décor. The staff were absolutely wonderful, truly professional service. The food was also excellent. It is not cheap but worth every penny. I would definitely go back and recommend it to everybody.

1  Thank Marstan_Hotel

Reviewed 24 January 2016 via mobile

We had a fantastic Xmas evening meal at Beach One. Food was fantastic, atmosphere fantastic, children welcome. Great position in the Gap with sea views. Perfect for couples too. Has cabanas. Excellent customer service would not hesitate to rate this as the best bar on the Gap

1  Thank Nanashouse
Reviewed 24 January 2016

We visited this restaurant and were met by a very charming man who we assume was the manager. Unfortunately after this things went downhill. The food was good although very expensive - the wine was significantly more expensive than Harlequin. The main issue was the lady who served us. She was not friendly at all and it felt to us that it was an effort for her to serve us. We all have bad days but you have to remain professional in your work and we did not feel comfortable with her attitude. We much preferred Harlequin.

We will not be returning which is a shame for one member of staff.

5  Thank campino999
Reviewed 23 January 2016

Tonight I was casually walking by Beach One when I was caught by the interesting flamed poles lining the entrance. I had a brief chat with the friendly hostess outside and then got a tour. I was speechless at the ocean view, the immaculate decor, ambient lighting and music, as well as canopies to lounge. I had to check this place out so I relaxed around the bar. Drinks were delicious and the bartender was very attentive. I then tried the Mahi Mahi appetizers. The tamarind sauce and the seasoned bread and dip and explosively flavourful. I just cannot wait to return to this place for a full dinner. Thank you Nico and Binta for introducing me to this hidden Gem in the St. Lawrence Gap!

3  Thank Karen P
Reviewed 20 January 2016

Visited only once. After 15 minutes waiting for a table that we had reserved in advance (and not even being offered a drink), we started to leave - then a waiter rushed over and suddenly found us our table. Right on the water's edge and really lovely position. Service continued to be poor - we had to go to the bar after our meal to pay for our dinner. Food was expensive, but OK. Wouldn't go back there again.

2  Thank Ian J