2 people are viewing this hotel
Free cancellation until 02/07/21
Reserve now, pay at stay
Priceline
US$145
SAVE US$5
Hotels.comUS$150
Orbitz.comUS$150
eDreamsUS$150
All reviews junior suite karaoke bar boutique hotel bottle of bubbly friendliness and helpfulness hotel is beautiful pool deck turtles swimming macaroni pie restaurants and bars patio doors reception desk night life walking distance short stroll view of the ocean small hotel
Selected filters
Reviewed 26 February 2021

I stayed here for three weeks. It's a really lovely hotel, For the first four days I was in quarantine, so confined to the room: not a problem at all - all meals delivered to the room and you couldn't really get bored of the lovely view of the sea and occasionally turtles! The mini kitchen is perfectly adequate for reheating food or even making food from scratch if you wish.
The staff were all charming and helpful.
I guess one of the best things about the hotel is the location. Plenty of bars and restaurants on your doorstep and the beach a very short walk away. But the hotel itself is quiet, the only noise being the sound of the sea.
I've stayed at the Radisson Blu and Hilton on previous trips but will always stay at the South Gap in future.

Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Cecile Harewood, General Manager at South Gap Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2021

We are pleased you were happy with our property and the team. We definitely look forward to welcoming you again!

Reviewed 26 February 2021

I stayed at the South Gap Hotel during my quarantine this February. The staff are extremely friendly and the hotel is spotlessly clean. The view from my balcony was breathtaking. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a reasonably priced comfortable place to stay. 10 out of 10 in my opinion

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Cecile Harewood, General Manager at South Gap Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2021

Thank you for giving us a perfect rating and for recommending our hotel to other travelers. We are pleased you were happy with the service provided and with our team.

We hope to welcome you back to the hotel soon!

Reviewed 19 February 2021

Terrific staff and great location. Considering that Barbados went into lockdown the staff did all they possibly could to make it a pleasant stay. They were so friendly and nothing was too much trouble.

Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for posting your review. We appreciate your positive feedback about our hotel and our team members. We do take pride in catering to our guests' needs the best way we can during these challenging times.

We do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you to our property again.

Reviewed 26 January 2021 via mobile

My 8 year old daughter and I spent 2-23rd Jan at this wonderful hotel. I initially booked a junior suite which was on the 3rd floor. It was absolutely amazing and had a kitchenette and the breathtaking view. Having stayed in presidential suites previously, this was actually on par with a couple of these. Only downfall was bedroom is not by the balcony so couldn’t watch waves but this made no difference and I didn’t even
do this when I moved rooms. Each night I sat outside reading to the sound of the sea. Bliss. Serene. It allowed us to have the best quarantine experience to the point that I actually didn’t tell my daughter when we got our results as I was so happy with the room. Sadly, she overheard my conversation with the reception desk. She used the pool daily as she is part human, part fish and it was great. We extended our time there but sadly the junior suite had already been booked. When we were out of quarantine, to my surprise, things just got better and better. The covid protocols are this hotel are brilliant. There are cleaners wiping everything down constantly and daily so everything looks brand new from doors to stairs.

Customer service was excellent whilst I was there. I go each year to Barbados and most recently spent time at the Radisson, Crane and Hilton. This hotel was a very risky choice as I don’t like change but it paid off and I am already looking at booking again on my return. Noise? What noise? I slept like a baby. Bed was so comfortable. Waterfall shower I did not want to come out of. My daughter has asked for us to replace our home bathroom as now it’s not good enough and she misses the bathroom.
Everyone made my daughter so welcome. She literally sobbed when we left as we drove away as she wanted to extend her time. She keeps asking me for a bajan breakfast / Quick and easy and has started criticising my cooking by comparing it to the food we had at this restaurant so kudos to the chef.
We ate daily at the restaurant and loved every bit of it. They even adapted a meal for my daughter who is picky. Prices are reasonable in comparison to other places.

The reception desk, Tishawn, was helpful in organising the tests and pretty much all of our annoying requests. She was courteous and friendly along with Tia who was also another great person who really helped advise us on places around the island and helped me to conduct the business I needed to. You never felt like anything was too much trouble for Tia and Tishaun. They helped resolve and escalate the WiFi issue I had but will likely be resolved by the time this is posted as I understand an engineer update was due to happen the day I left. The manager called me to apologise in this regard which again shocked me as this was so soon after I had raised the issue. What an efficient process and a great team!!

Edward also helped us out when I stupidly couldn’t open my front door. Security was also amazing- Roland and Lisa were great and courteous and pleasant. I always felt safe here. The cleaning staff were great too. Shout out to Glenda and the rest of the cleaners whose names I forget. Bar staff actually topped all of the bars I’ve been with their creations.Rose, Stefan, Jonathan and Shaq- I think are their names but they are all so courteous and helpful. I recommend daiquiries and mudslides.

I ate at gap burgers but since I was a kid, I’ve been going to the guy who is opposite. His fish burgers are on the same level as Cus’s and Melt in your mouth. Sadly, he does not get much custom so please visit him.

One thing I found which was the fact the guest rules are stricter here than other hotels I’ve st. Also, pretty annoying that everything is so beautiful that I found it hard to discipline my daughter with a timeout.
I actually cannot see how this is not a 5 star hotel when I compare it to others.

Date of stay: January 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank cleoa425

WOW! WOW! WOW!

We have not stopped reading this review since it was posted. We are just thrilled that you and your daughter were happy with our hotel and all that we have to offer. I can also confirm that our wifi challenges were thankfully sorted soon after your departure. We appreciate your patience while we worked on this issue.

Our team works so hard to ensure that all of our guests are happy and safe, it is a wonderful compliment to know that we are getting this right.

We would just like to thank you for taking the time to post such a wonderful and comprehensive review which highlights so many of the reasons why our guests choose us for their holidays to Barbados.

Thank you once again and we are sincerely looking forward to welcoming you and your lovely daughter to South Gap Hotel again soon.

Reviewed 24 January 2021

Glowing blue water on the doorstep and sparkling clean facilities - this was one of the best places imaginable for an approved quarantine hotel.

There was some apprehension about the level of noise from the surrounding area, based on reviews, but we had a 1br suite that faced the ocean and did not hear a peep all week. The room service was delicious, the in-room kitchen was modern, sparkling and helpful and the front desk staff were unbelievably accommodating.

Check-in was as thorough of a C19 experience as you could imagine - you get a thermometer test by standing in front of an automated machine, mist your whole body with rubbing alcohol (just kidding, only your hands) and then take yourself to your room

Upon checking in, I explained that the purpose of the trip was business and would need a room with great WiFi. They assured me that it worked and for the most part, it was connected but with 0.2mb upload type speeds. Across the week, they had the provider on-site a few times trying to fix issues but ultimately, doing video calls was a bit of a nightmare. Certain parts of the suite had better access but inexplicably, the center of the unit had no connectivity and the extremities had access with limited bandwidth.

Every meal was mouth-watering and delicious, from the flying fish cou cou to the gargantuan burger. The kitchen staff was exuberant on the phone and always helpful with recommendations.

Shower was amazing with great water pressure, soap and shampoo dispensers and luxe soft towels. The bed was massive, firm and filled with pillows of varying density to choose your own preference.

Every morning, waking up to the turquoise ocean with turtles swimming in front of you is a slice of magic. Waking up to humming birds, monkeys on the accompanying balconies and cheerful staff made this an absolute pleasure. If they had the WiFi fixed to skip those headaches, it would have felt like a 5-star stay.

Room tip: Ocean view was unbelievable and serene
Date of stay: January 2021