I have stayed in Ocean Two several times. The hard working team of Bajans led by Mr Paul Collymore are courteous, friendly and helpful and nothing is too much trouble for them. Ocean Two is well located at the Dover end of the gap. It is approx a 15 minute walk, on your own or with friends, to Cafe Sol at the other end. Along the way you have a wide choice of bars and different types of restaurants where you can have a snack or a three course meal. At the end of the night there are plenty of taxis to take you home.
The hotel has a brilliant gym and on a Monday evening you can join the staff for yoga on the sun roof.
The beach facilities are excellent. Happy hour 3 times a day, ice lollies in the morning, coconut station 3 times a week, popcorn in the afternoon. You can choose to lie on the most comfortable sunbeds in the world near one of the three pools or lie on the sunbeds on the beach.
Dover supermarket is across the road. Alternatively you can catch the reggae bus or a service bus from St Dominic's Catholic Church (up the road) to Worthing (by the traffic lights) to shop in Trimart (where the locals shop) or Massy Stores which has a bank. A taxi will bring you back to Ocean Two.
There are three shuttle bus excursions organised from the hotel - Bridgetown, Limegrove and the busy Oistins fish feast on a Friday.
Wednesday night is Manager's Welcome Party where you meet the hotel staff and get to know the other guests while listening to Bajan music on the lovely rooftop terrace.
The local craftspeople display their hand made jewellery and all kinds of bags on a Friday morning in the lounge area.
Saturday night is buffet on the beach where you can sample delicious Bajan cuisine and try breadfruit and other Bajan food.
The spacious ocean bedroom suites are more like apartments with a lovely kitchen equipped with modern equipment - microwave/oven, hob, dishwasher, washing machine and tumble dryer, The lounge area has a dining table and chairs, plenty of comfortable seating and television.
If you want a relaxing and fabulous holiday amongst lovely, friendly people on a fantastic Caribbean island, Ocean Two is the place to stay in Barbados.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ocean Two Resort & Residences is a four diamond, beachfront property located at the far end of St.Lawrence Gap with a wide array of amenities and facilities. It is the ideal location for romantic retreats, family holidays, girlfriend getaway, family reunions/group travel as well as meetings and incentive groups! With its spacious accommodations including Hotel Rooms, One Bedroom & Two Bedroom Suites with genuine, Bajan hospitality, Ocean Two is THE place to stay on the South Coast of Barbados! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, West Indies, Expedia, LoveHolidays, TravelUp, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Ocean Two Resort & Residences reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ocean Two Resort & Residences Hotel St Lawrence Gap
- Ocean 2 Resort & Residences
- Ocean Two Resort And Residences
- Ocean Two Resort & Residences Barbados/St. Lawrence Gap