4 people are viewing this hotel
Free cancellation until 06/08/21
Reserve now, pay at stay
Free cancellation until 06/08/21
Trip.com
US$120
Hotels.comUS$148
PricelineUS$148
Orbitz.comUS$148
All reviews lawrence gap yellowbird hotel lawrence bay small hotel worthing beach within walking distance no elevator perfect location king size bed bars and restaurants cafe sol rum punch bus stop the penthouse fantastic stay view of the ocean full kitchen
Selected filters
Reviewed 26 May 2021

Quarantined here. Room was not cleaned once in 5 days despite it being a government requirement. Was told it would be cleaned whilst I waited on balcony. Room service staff lovely. Manager rude lazy and dishonest. Wanted to leave after 1st night and told that I couldn’t change hotels. Contacted Ministery of health and was told that was rubbish. Really appalling experience when I was travelling under a bereavement waiver to collect ashes from the USA. They refused to let me and the one other quarantine guest leave the room for supervised exercise which was permitted under Government guidelines because they couldn’t be bothered. Manager didn’t check in on us once in 5 days. Appalling and traumatic experience.

Date of stay: March 2021
Reviewed 25 May 2021

We quarantined at the Yellow Bird hotel in March and found the staff very accommodating. The hotel was clean and staff were friendly. Although interaction with staff was mainly over the telephone, meals and groceries were delivered daily. My husband spent his birthday in quarantine and the hotel made him a beautiful birthday cake served with ice cream ! We are taking another trip to Barbados and has booked to stay there again.

Date of stay: March 2021
Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Operations Yellow Bird Hotel, Other at Yellow Bird Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2021

Thank you so much for choosing us for your quarantine stay and for taking the time out to leave us such a wonderful review.

I am pleased you found our team to be very accommodating and friendly.

We were indeed very happy to make your husband’s quarantine birthday special.

Thank you for choosing to stay with us once again, we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 22 May 2021

Yellowbird is a 22 room boutique hotel at the beginning of the St. Lawrence Gap.
The staff is super friendly and helpful. I see a previous poster that mentioned no daily maid service, news to me. The only time there was no maid service was while I was in quarantine awaiting my test results and that is fair. No reason to risk the housekeeper's well being. The room was very clean and well-appointed. I brought some food and prepared it while I was quarantined. The pool is very clean. Not a single complaint about this wonderful stablishment.
Strict adherence to all Covid protocols.

Date of stay: May 2021

Thank you so much for taking the time out to leave us such a lovely review.

I am very pleased you found our team to be friendly and helpful during your stay. Thank you for the observation regarding a previous review. You are indeed correct. The only time we do not service guest rooms would be during a quarantine stay. Thank you for understanding our position in this regard.

We are pleased to learn you found not only our rooms to be clean but our pool as well and that you enjoyed your meals from our in-house restaurant On The Bay.

Thank you for choosing us and again for the review.

Reviewed 18 May 2021

The Yellow Bird hotel is a great hotel to stay in Barbados. It was very well located in St Lawrence Gap close to many restaurants and bars.

The staff was warm and welcoming, always offering advice on where and what to see. I originally booked for a 1 week quarantine stay but then extended to a full month as I wanted to benefit from the hotels amenities.

Housekeeping was very good, especially considering the additional ash from the La Souffriere explosion. The hotel was fully cleaned with little trace of ash in 2 days. The only amenity that was affected was the outdoor pooled that had to be drained and cleaned of ash. While the ashfall was out of the control of the hotel, they still compensated me with 60 USD of restaurant credit due to the pool being disabled for those couple days which I greatly appreciated.

10/10 would recommend :)

Date of stay: April 2021

What a beautiful review!

Thank you so much for choosing us and for taking the time out to share your Yellow Bird experience.

I am thrilled to hear you received a warm welcome and great suggestions regarding activities to experience while on the island.

I will be sure to share your review with our team. We truly appreciate your understanding during the ash fall.

Thank you again for the review and for the recommendation.

Reviewed 18 May 2021

We stayed here for our quarantine on our return back to home. The staff were very helpful and knowledgeable of the quarantine protocols and procedures, and were proactive in organising and getting the transport and testing done. The room was spacious, modern and clean. The view of the bay was great for watching the sunset and people watching the evening activities, to help pass the 5 days confined to the room. Lots of choices for eating and getting delivery close by, all provided beforehand by the hotel prior to arrival in there welcome letter. I highly recommend this hotel!

Date of stay: April 2021
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you so much for choosing us and for taking the time out to leave us such a great review!

It's wonderful to know that you found the team to be helpful, knowledgeable and proactive. We are very pleased that found our room to be spacious, modern and clean with a great view.

Thank you again for the review and thank you in advance for the recommendations.