6 people are viewing this hotel
US$175
Hotels.com
WIOL.com
2,858 results
All reviews happy hour ted's tour blades family rum punch party fish family run hotel standard room palm trees top floor the gap gift shop mama mia st lawrence gap pool deck small reef ocean view the main hotel
Selected filters
Reviewed 13 June 2021

This hotel needs some serious customer service training , I would not recommend locals or international visitors to book here. standards are very poor. Mangaer was unwilling to accept responsibility for a team member mistake.

Date of stay: June 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Linda Lampkin, Owner at Coconut Court Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2021

Dear Friend, I was very sorry to learn that you did not enjoy your stay with us. We really work hard to provide clean, comfortable accommodation for our guests and our team regularly receives such nice commendation for our warm and genuine service. We would like every guest that stays with us to really enjoy their stay. That being said, there may be several factors involved in a particular situation and sometimes, we may not get it just right.

I firmly believe that the biggest room in the world is the room for improvement so if you would like to reach out to me personally to discuss this then I welcome that. Constructive criticism is always beneficial. I look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely, Linda Lampkin (owner)
Email: llampkin@coconut-court.com

Reviewed 12 June 2021 via mobile

My husband and I stayed there for 21 days . After quarantine we moved around to 3 different apartments while staying at coconut court all because
WiFi is terrible had to go out in the hot sun walking around to get service first move
Second move apartment too hot t and WiFi still sucks
Third move was the cake on the icing. Let me tell you housekeeping took 6 hrs to clean the apartment before moving and when told it was ready. Bathroom was not cleaned , toilet bowl dirty , floor dusty . Ask me what they did clean I have no idea.
Plus when told the apartment was ready the sheets were dirty and dusty had to take pictures to show it to front desk very disgusting service.
The worker are loving thanks to Joan. Kelly Ann, mona and especially Donna you are amazing with the help of the internet after 1 whole week on not having internet service in this day and age. I will not spend my hard earn money at that location ever again in my lifetime.
Service needs to be more of a priority at the annex to be exact.
Housekeeping service gross
Security great always says hello
Front desk good
Also not to mention I had no water for 2 different times at coconut court and was never told by anyone , only to find out no water when went I the shower.
Second time no water again was never told again , had to go over in another shower across the home to shower. How bad can that be in a tourist resort area. No back up system in place tor still like that service just terrible. And also the dirty sheets front desk had to take me over to another room to take the sheets off a bed that was just made to use on the same dirty sheets bed I had to sleep on. The only great service I can’t complain abt was that Ac on the last 2 moves . I can’t even rate this so sad.

Date of stay: May 2021
Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear Friend, I am very sorry that you did not enjoy your recent stay with us. I would like to address some of the comments that you made in your review.

1) You booked a One Bedroom Apartment and requested a higher floor. We did not have an apartment available on the higher floor so we upgraded you to a Two Bedroom Apartment at no additional cost.

2) The Wi-Fi issues that you experienced were not experienced by any of the other apartment guests. We had several technicians (both internally and the local internet provider at our expense, visit the apartments to run tests etc. and they could not find any issues either. Please note that Jakes and the Annex apartments have a separate and distinct Wi-Fi connection, different from the hotel rooms. We honestly tried our best and up to today, nobody can explain why you had difficulty accessing the Wi-Fi when other guests did not.

3) We pride ourselves on having an excellent housekeeping team that cleans to very high standards. Reviews left on this site confirm this. The apartment had been vacant for several weeks. The team worked throughout the day to clean the apartment to our high standards. While I am sorry that you were disappointed with the apartment cleanliness, I am very satisficed that our team did clean the apartment to our high standards.

4) There was a water leak on the main road opposite the Marriott Hotel and the local authorities turned off the water for several hours to fix it - they did not advise us when they started the work and they did not advise us how long it would take.
When we realised what was happening, we called your apartment right away and advised you of the situation, and offered you the use of our hotel hospitability suite during the afternoon for shower etc. While I know that this was an inconvenience, we really did try our best to minimise the disruption. Please remember that this is not the US or the UK and things may not always run as smoothly as you are accustomed to at home. This is the islands and these things can happen sometimes. I am really sorry for the inconvenience that was caused.

5) Regarding water tanks and back up systems. We have installed a 20,000 gallon water tank and a pump system for the hotel rooms and seven of the apartments also have their own separate and distinct water tank and pump. Unfortunately we do not have a water tank and pump system for five of the apartments and unfortunately, you were affected as a result. I am very sorry for this. All other guests did not experience any disruption. We plan to purchase an additional tank and pump system for those remaining five apartments as soon as our budget allows.

Once again, I am sorry that you did not enjoy your stay with us. After speaking with several members of our housekeeping, front desk, gift shop and reservations teams, I can honestly say that we truly did our best to please you and to make you comfortable. I can't ask anything more from our team than that.

Reviewed 17 April 2021 via mobile

Shouted at me for using a bin on the beach. Could have explained politely that it belonged to the hotel, but were unnecessarily rude and confrontational. It's not wonder they're close when others are still open.

Date of stay: April 2021
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank X1275AVjamesm
Linda Lampkin, Owner at Coconut Court Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2021

Hello, I am so sorry that you had this negative experience. I would appreciate it if you could send me some more details so that I can follow up to ensure that this does not happen again. We have been rotating our employees for the past several months and at times, our regular guys are substituted with guards that work with a local security company. Your description does not match either Hadfield or Ean - both have worked with our family for over 25 years. Any information from you would would be really very helpful. Once again, please accept our apologies. We have been open and operating with guests in our hotel since September 2021 but presently we have closed our swimming pool area due to the ashfall from the neighboring volcano and we are busy cleaning up.

My email address is llampkin@coconut-court.com

Thank you, I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed 29 March 2021 via mobile

Clean, friendly, close to everything and a caring staff. The ocean view is priceless and the proximity to the beach is amazing. This is where you want to stay while you are in Barbados. Thank you very much to Joan and Paulette and especially Jo from the gift shop.

Date of stay: March 2021
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank wendybM3195FP
Linda Lampkin, Owner at Coconut Court Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2021

Dear Friend, thank you so much for your kind and thoughtful comments. We were so happy to have you as our guest, and I really appreciate you mentioning some of our team members that helped you throughout your stay with us, namely Joan, Paulette and Jo. Thank you so much from all of us at Coconut Court, please take care and stay safe. See you next time.

Reviewed 3 February 2021

My dealings with Coconut Court have been nothing but positive. Friendly, professional and warm. A must visit !! A family run Hotel with a family feel ! Great location and beach view ! Located in the South near everything you need.

Date of stay: January 2021
1  Thank Ken R

Dear Friend, thank you so much for taking the time to write this positive review for us from your recent stay. My family has owned and managed Coconut Court since 1975 and it's our true labour of love so I am always happy when our guests enjoy their stay with us too. The Coconut is is special place! Thanks for sharing it with us. Stay safe and come back for another visit soon.