“My resto home away from home!”
Review of Salt Cafe

Salt Cafe
Ranked #9 of 49 Restaurants in Hastings
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

When you think about comfort food, it’s the food that makes you feel good.
At Salt Cafe Barbados, comfort food, meets fine dining, meets home cooking.

My friend and I love coming to Barbados and ever since we discovered the menu at Salt Cafe (especially the salted caramel brownie), the restaurant has become part of our regular (and sometimes daily) food experience on the island.
During this 7 day trip, we visited 4 to 5 times for lunch, dinner or just dessert. We also took the opportunity to create a new drink (mango frose) and reconnect with the Salt Cafe team — who are very friendly and work so well together.

Thank you to Jade, “Sophia”, Lauren (the co-owner) and especially Lydia. Lydia was our server the first time we visited Salt. Not only did she remember our orders from months ago, but our names as well. It was great to see the Salt Team again and we shall be back again soon.

Michelle

Reviewed 10 September 2018 via mobile

Stumbled upon this small place on a Monday night.The menu is such a refreshing change.Great quality ,flavour,temperature and presentation.Waitress helpful with menu choice and rum for my husband.Teenage daughter rated their desert as one of the best she had ever had..chocolate brownie and caramel sauce.Definitely the best meal we had...not expensive but may need to book

Reviewed 9 September 2018

Salt Cafe was a restaurant that my friend had chosen to have a celebratory dinner for her birthday whilst we were on the Island. On the day we had quite a busy schedule and weren't sure whether we would be able to eat there, luckily enough we made it back on time.
Once we entered the restaurant we were automatically stared at by all in the restaurant including staff, which was very strange for me and did not come across as great service to me. Once we were approached by a staff member we asked whether it was possible to get a table for two. This staff member then turned back and went to ask another staff member which then created more stares from all staff members. She came back to us and provided us with a table alongside two menus. I then asked her whether there was a problem with us being seated and she said 'No it's fine', which to me was very false.
We continued with our dining experience however the staff were mainly by the bar huddled together and kept looking over to our table. This led us to feel very uncomfortable and unwanted. My friend wasn't enjoying what was meant to be a lovely birthday meal and so we skipped dessert and left the restaurant.

Overall the meal was lovely, the wings were the best we tasted on the island. Unfortunately the atmosphere gets a zero from me.

1  Thank PriscaAh
Reviewed 28 August 2018

Went to SALT today with my Mum and my two Aunts. The service was friendly and knowledgeable - the wings we had as starter were amazing. We all had different BAOS, truly and honestly so very good. Stop off here if you can. Air-conditioned dining or outdoors. Fully recommend!!

Reviewed 26 August 2018

Everything about my visit to Salt Cafe was pleasant. It started by being greeted by friendly and attentive staff to the excellent quality food that they serve. I was raving about them to a Bajan friend that hasn't made his way there, yet! As soon as I get back to Barbados I'll make a reservation.