“Great Taverna”

Taverna Nikolas Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 71 Restaurants in Pefkos
Cuisines: Greek
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 17 August 2018 via mobile

The best Taverna in pefkos.
We stayed with family members about 12 days in Pefkos and most dinners we were coming to NIKOLAS TAVERNA ,it is the best and very tasty food,friendly ,nice clients ,homemade quality foods,nice communication.

1  Thank 13Thanx
Write a ReviewReviews (1,010)

Reviewed 17 August 2018

The setting is attractive with lovely views across the bay and of the sunset. However, the food was really unpleasant. I had grilled sea bass fillets and the fish itself was alright, but was served on top of a thick, yellow sauce which was unpleasant both in texture and taste. The vegetables were so under-cooked that you could not cut them and the blobs of what I assumed were pea and carrot puree were also too thick and tasteless. My husband had a duck fillet which was served with a dark sauce with such a strong flavour that it masked everything else on the plate. The vegetables had the same problems as mine. We have eaten such good food whilst on holiday in Rhodes and this was a disappointment and fortunately, an anomaly. Think twice before eating here!

Reviewed 17 August 2018 via mobile

This place got recommended to us, so glad we came. The atmosphere was lovely the lamb special was top draw, service impeccable. Will definitely visit again. Hats off to all involved.

Reviewed 17 August 2018 via mobile

Recommend reserving a table in advance as this place gets very busy. Perfect setting to watch the sunset. I ordered the 3 meat meze which came with a creamy sauce and was to die for. Husband ordered the pork with plum and wine sauce, that was also amazing. Excellent service, we will return before the end of our holiday

Reviewed 13 August 2018 via mobile

This is a great little Taverna.
Nikolas the owner runs a very tight ship and it's a pleasure to watch such a great team at work.
Every waiter is vigilant, attentive, polite and professional. The staff are incredibly friendly in a very natural way and make every diner feel both relaxed and valued. Nothing escapes Nikolas's attention and he is always at hand to help out when required, spotting the empty glass or finished plate.
The setting is idyllic with great views over Pefkos and the bay, particularly stunning under starlight.
The diversity of client ranges from romantic couples to local families, which all adds to the wonderful atmosphere.
To the food.
I have sampled some 8 dishes and I would particularly recommend the beef stifado (although everything has been delucious).
The stuffed vine leaves are a real treat as a starter.
There is something for everyone on the menu which has fish, pork, beef and chicken as well as vegetarian options.
My girlfriend is a particularly fussy eater and rarely eats much of anything. In fact, generally I apologise when eating out for the amount she leaves, as this is not due to quality if the food.  However, at every meal here she has managed both a starter and main course and left a relatively clean plate.
There is a good selection of wines, but the house wines are of a good quality and very palatable so why pay more?
Cost wise, this is very reasonable and compares favourably with other restaurants in the area. My last meal there consisted of 2 starters, 2 main courses and 4 glasses of wine with the total bill coming in at less than 45 euros.

I have been to 14 restaurants around Pefkos and this is certainly the best I have dined at.
Eating at Taverna Nikolas will be one of my most treasured memories of my holiday in Pefkos.
Thanks Nikolas.