4,401 results
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 3 January 2018 via mobile

To call it a dump is really too offensive towards my local tip as that is far more cleaner and more updated than this pile of rubbish. Next year I'm going to book somewhere in Raqqa as I strongly believe the accommodation, guests and overall experience will be far better. -100 stars.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
8  Thank richard h
GuestSolutions, Guest Relations Manager at Pontins Brean Sands Holiday Park, responded to this reviewResponded 12 January 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am disappointed to read that you experienced concerns with our accommodation, guests and overall experience. If I could please ask you to forward your feedback onto our Guest Solutions Team (guestsolutions@pontins.com) in order for them to fully investigate and appropriately action. Our team will then contact you directly with a response.

Reviewed 2 January 2018

Do yourself a favour and book elsewhere. I warn you. I have never experienced any thing like it in my entire life. Unbelievable attitude from the few staff that were there. A Dirty filthy disgusting hovel. Freezing cold accommodation with over charged electric not fit as a goat pen. A health and safety accident waiting to happen. It has never moved on from the 60'S. We left early as it was unbearable. The CEO & management seriously need a reality check.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
5  Thank 7211rowe
GuestSolutions, Guest Relations Manager at Pontins Brean Sands Holiday Park, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our Brean Sands park on Trip Advisor. If I could please ask you to contact our Guest Solutions Team (guestsolutions@pontins.com) with your concerns in order for them to fully investigate and appropriately action the issues you mention. Our team will then contact you directly with a response. It is regretful to learn that your recent visit was not a positive one and was not to the standard you expected.

Reviewed 1 January 2018 via mobile

We have just returned from a two (supposed to be three night stay as we could not stand it any longer) night stay at Pontins, Brean sands, and I can hand on heart say that there is no amount of money you could pay me to return to this dump. It is extremely dated, rooms are dirty, cold, damp and very small. You would be more comfortable sleeping on a concrete floor than we were on the beds or 'sofa bed'.

We visited for a NYE break with our three year old daughter as we thought she would enjoy the entertainment etc but unfortunately we didn't get to enjoy any of it. People were waiting in both of the halls from 9am on NYE morning to reserve their tables and by the time we headed in at 7pm there was no where at all to sit or ever stand, feeling disappointed and disheartened that our daughter didn't get to enjoy the fun, we thought we would head over to the 'Queen Vic' and have a quiet drink and a little dance to the music in there, but unfortunately we couldn't stay there either as other holiday makers had been coming in throughout the evening and stolen all the tables and chairs to take to the main halls, so we thought as a last resort to cheer our daughter up, we would take her to the arcade; another huge mistake. It was full of feral children who's parents had been drinking all day and the children were left to run wild, children as young as 6/7 were having fist fights which were then being encouraged by their fathers. You can guess here that I am talking about the 'travelling community' which makes up 90% of the holiday makers at the resort. So we headed back to our room at 8pm on NYE. So glad we spent £300 to come specifically for NYE! We then decided this morning we couldn't face any longer at the park, and packed our suitcases and on our way out, decided to take our daughter for one last play at the soft play and one more go in the arcade. The lovely lady who worked in the soft play had mentioned how horrendous the behaviour was last night and that parents had left their children in the soft play whilst they went to the bar! And that the children had called her a C U next Tuesday, amongst other names. Anyway, she finished her play and we headed over to the arcade, my daughter really enjoyed playing a game where some tennis sized balls are released and you throw them at some clowns to knock them down and score points. I put the money in, and down came the balls, along with a smashed plastic wine glass from the night before (they are'nt allowed to use glasses because the adults end up using them as weapons) which my daughter grabbed as she went to grab a ball and cut her hand!!! I was so furious and completely horrified that we left immediately and will never, ever return. The staff on the other hand are all so lovely and caring and can not do enough for you but they are absolutely powerless to the threatening behaviour of the 'travelling community' and are outnumberd and probably scared of them. Please please please do not waste your money to visit here, even for a day. It really isn't worth it.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
13  Thank Evans93x

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. It is disappointing to read that your break with us was not up to standard. If I could please ask you to make contact with our Guest Solutions Team (guestsolutions@pontins.com) in order for them to fully investigate and appropriately action. Our team will then contact you directly with a response. I can assure you all feedback is taken seriously and will be passed over to senior management within the company for review.

Reviewed 30 December 2017 via mobile

We booked a 3 day stay at this park and to be honest there was nothing wrong with the park itself from what we saw but as we never really used the facilities on park I really cannot comment. We used these 3 days to have a family get together with all our children, so we booked an 8 persons apartment.

I rang pontins as I wanted to be reassured that the apartment was able to cater fully for our 7 adults that would be going, explaining that I would be cooking a full Christmas dinner and would the table seat this amount of people and also would there be enough chair, to this I was told if it sleeps 8 it would cater for 8, silly me I believed him.

Upon arriving at said "apartment" I was faced with a sofa bed that was not only in the lounge but the kitchen to and to be honest you were lucky to swing a cat in it, now ordinarily I probably would not have batted an eyelid at apart from the fact that to seat 7 people around what they would call a table happened to be a very small worktop was near enough impossible so at this as you can imagine I was a little upset over as I had rang these people to confirm that I would have everything I needed. Next there was only 5 chairs so a trip to accommodation to get 2 more yet they knew we had 7 in our party.

Finally I checked on the utensils for allowing me to cook this wonderful meal to find all I had was 2 pans knives forks and a peeler and a veg knife and a bread knife with a couple of plastic spoons, oh and a grill tray which luckily I could double as a roasting tin plus only one shelf in the oven. With this in mind I went to accommodation about the chairs and I asked for another pan, wow you would have thought I had asked for gold when I mentioned the pan, the chairs no problem, when she came back out not only did she have a good size pan she also said I think you might need of these and handed me a colander, you would think that should be part of a kitchen, luckily my son went out and bought me a few things but to be honest if you advertise self catering then at least give someone the chance of being able to cook properly.

overall I will not be going back it's a shame I do think it's about time Pontins pulled itself into the 21st century, oh and one last thing in 3 days I spent £15 on electric what a con.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Shelyncol

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. It is concerning to hear that you did not have adequate facilities in your apartment to cater for your entire party. I will ensure to pass these concerns over to the management team at Brean Sands directly for them to look into. On behalf of Pontins, I hope your experience does not deter you from booking with us again.

Reviewed 28 December 2017

Booking for 2 chalets ,when arrived said could not find booking.Then could only find 1 ,then asked to be paid for the booking dispite the fact we could show receipts on phone to prove we had paid a third party.Waited 1 and half hours to then be told it was Pontins error but still only one chalet available .When we went to the chalet while second was located arrived to find bath still half full of water due to plug been stuck.Dirty floor and kitchen ,radiator hanging off wall and table in room unstable.After the trouble we had booking in was a waste of time complaining.Second chalet was better when provided .Needs to be completely closed down ,refurbished to be bought into the 21st century .

Stayed: August 2017
3  Thank ozzie739

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our Brean Sands holiday park. It is regretful to hear that there was confusion in locating your booking. I hope your recent holiday does not discourage you from staying with us again.