“Casa Caldart”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 6 July 2017 via mobile

Lovely setting with loads of parking. Good range of Italian dishes and they even have a vegan menu which was pretty good. Friendly staff who speak English.

Reviewed 5 July 2017

We have visited this place 3 times earlier. Every time we were passing thru Valdobiaddene (2 times per year), besides restocking our stock of prossecco in the best place to do so, we have had a very good experience at the restaurant as a evening highlight.

And than... something very strange happened lat time.

Food was at the best mediocre. Quality of ingredients were much below par, and also basic kitchen techniques were really poorly executed. The same for waiting time, and quality of service.

My wife had Coda di rospo al forno su letto di verdure croccanti profumate allo zafferano.
Anglerfish. The distinctive smell of not really fresh fish filled whole room, when waitress brought the dish in. And than even more disgusting sauce, and vegetables - overcooked, but yet - textured like a rubber. It was no go, and a huge disapointment.

We asked for another dish - this time Tagliatelle con tonno fresco, pomodorini soleggiati, rucola e olive taggiasche. It was much better, but still - nothing special really. Like all was there, but not a sign of a heart of the cook. Medium quality ingredients, and mediocre dish.

I asked for Bigoli al sugo d'anatra - traditional dish with fatter spaghetti. Again - disappointment. I really have had better versions of this dish in bistros and restaurants NOT located in Italy... Last time I had it - it was super delicious. This time - well, I guess quality went down, and it really was not anything special and worth writing about.

Than I asked for Tagliata di mango medium done. The beef was really handled very professionally at this joint last time we checked - so I was kinda forgiving everything just to try this heaven-on-plate once again. Bang! Not only meat was well done, but also quality of the meat itself was supermarket grade at best. I really can do it better myself, and chef should be ashamed of it. Grilled vegetables were overdone, and pepper was burnt to the point it gets biter and hard to bite. Potatoes - well - potatoes. I come from country where potato is a national vegetable (Poland), and really - It is not a way to do it.

Only thing nice - the manager listened to us very patiently, and did not charge for
the fish and tagliata - because we did not eat them, we were also very nicely excused.

Well, I guess waiter and waitress could have said at least sorry instead of looking at us as stupido turistos, but manager straighten the things in a very nice and smooth manner.

I say - give this place a chance it deserves, we will try it again, but this time - it is a warning that something goes wrong inside the restaurant.

Reviewed 13 February 2017

maybe they are grown now too much and I'm afraid the "business" is now more in the foreground than it was in the past. That means: less Charme, more crowded, longer waiting time. The menu is not as various as I liked it to be to come back more often .. . So, it's still recommended, but ...

1  Thank acit2016
Reviewed 2 January 2017 via mobile

We visited this place after reading the reviews here and we were not disappointed! The restaurant is fancy looking inside but with a small menu and very affordable prices. We were given mushroom risotto as a complimentary appetizer and it was the best we had. The meal was very tasty and the service was awesome! A must visit.

Reviewed 5 October 2016

Nice atmosphere! Non formal restaurant with a gourmet master chef menu which reflects and blends the local tradition and ingredients with the best high cuisine moods.
Excellent value for money! Can enjoy really good food (and wine) at affordable prices.
And the friendly but attentive service on top is....free of charge!
Definitely worth a try if you visit the Prosecco area where it is located.

1  Thank Gualtiero C