All reviews air con family run infectious laugh minute walk pool area self catering clean apartments toilet roll great place to stay town centre comfortable sunbeds restaurants bars ring hob sun loungers dogs barking plenty of sunbeds shower head
Reviewed 9 October 2018

Just returned from a weeks break at the Lenaki and was pleasantly surprised. Very clean apartments and spacious with beautiful surroundings - the highlight being the local wildlife, namely the chickens that we fed daily. They kept us entertained. Food was good in the complex and it's only a 15 min walk to Kos Town.

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Patrick B
Hotel-Apts_Lenaki, Manager at Lenaki Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2018

Dear guest,

Thank you for your review.
We are very happy that you had a good time here with us and hope to see you again in the near future.

Best regards,

Stamatis Tyras

P.S. The chicken you fed daily were of our neighbours and I bet they would like to thank you for your effort to grow them bigger.
I always wondered why they kept coming back!!!!

Reviewed 7 October 2018 via mobile

Beautiful orchards and manicured gardens looking on to a mountain landscape. Chickens wander freely while locals herd their goats and sheep. We were able to enjoy the balcony as It was peaceful in Sep.

Pool area was as described by many guests perfect.

Apartments
Cleaned daily if unless we declined. Yes basic and very clean. Would not take much to sort out people suggesting
Quality of linen (1 of top sheets pure white the other "grey" & torn towels). I would suspect if maids or laundry staff to not bring to attention of management they will be continuously used.

Bar / dining area comfortable for purpose and like most places there is always one guest who likes the sound of their own voice and there is no escaping them if other guests want to enjoy drinks by the pool in the evening.

I have no issues with owners spending time with specific guests however as this is a multi cultural establishment we enjoyed mixing with people from various countries. However the large union jack with pride of place in pool / Bar area alienates other guests and gives impression on arrival of typical brits bar and it's not.

Food good for poolside.

Pros
Friendly management
Clean appartment
Blankets in cupboard
If you can be bothered bring own fan, with charge it cost less than AC
Nice location (away from rush)
Great local restaurants in the area
Staff can suggest good restaurants near by (check my reviews)

CONS (reason for dropping a star)
Linen
Toilet paper rations

Tips
Bring toilet roll

Hardware store close by for missing essentials (no bottle opener staff kindly opened mine

Bikes available close by great to see them getting away from scooters etc.

If independent traveller taxi to and from airport €74 car hire €142 for 6 days if planning trips this may be better value

Ask Maria about sunset restaurants that is not tourist trap of Zia. (Staff happy to book restaurants)

Management Tip
Make all guests feel important by displaying their national flag in bar, or display as normal on appropriate flag poles. It has to be all or nothing.

I maybe wrong but perhaps summer guests age / actions are why some things are not included and lack updating.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank outandabout2007
Reviewed 29 September 2018

just arrived back from our 10 day stay at the lenaki and thoroughly enjoyed it, i noticed some people mentioning how far it was too walk into the town , do what i did and research it i knew from previous reviews it was roughly a 15 minute walk but we did it every night and got a taxi back for 6 euro the taxis are fab very clean and the drivers were always very pleasant, the lenaki itself was beautifully kept so well maintained the gardens are a credit too the guy who maintains them , the rooms were basic but we expected that as again i read previous rooms but they are lovely well maintained my only two mentions would be the shower being small , my partner is not the smallest of men and we both found the showers small and also the other thing is i felt the sheets and towels should have been changed more than they were, showering everyday we were using the same towels for a few days and the same sheets being slept on, the pool area was fab my partner loved the jacuzzi area sunbeds were plentiful and so comfy, maria, steve and all the family made us welcome , maria my namesake has the most wonderful laugh and was sad we never got chance too say goodbye. we were able too keep our room on which was great as it meant we didn;t have too rush about on our last day, i loved having a clothes airer on the balcony as i meant i had somewhere too put our clothes after washng them. food and bar prices were ok food was lovely i would mention if at all possible too have some double beds in some of the apartments as we did find the singles moved apart, i would recomend the lenaki too anyone abd if we have chance too visit kos again we will stay at the lenaki, we loved the harbour and our 3 island boat trip although i did think they could have spent less time at the swimming island, many thanks too maria, steve and family not forgetting brian the cat for our stay with you maybe get some extra john smiths in next time lol .. regards maria and john

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Maria H
Reviewed 28 September 2018

We stayed in the leniki in September 18, for 10 days. It was a pleasant stay, and we enjoyed the family run aspect of this place. The pool was nice, and there were plenty of sunbeds. The bar stayed open and carried on serving as long as guests were still buying. There was no entertainment, but they played music all day and evening, and the bar area was comfortable and the cocktails were great. The food was great, the pizza was the best I had ever tasted, all totally home made. I can honestly say I was nervous of staying in a 2/3 star appartment, as we have always stayed in the big hotels. But I had a great time, and smaller is sometimes better. The only thing I would say the could improve on, would be to change the sheets on the beds more often. Ours were only changed once during our stay. And the towels are old and need replacing, again they were not replaced every day either. The maids, swepted the floors, and moped every day, they made the beds, but could have changed the sheets more often. My husbands sheet was quite dirty before it got changed.They also only provided you with a small top white sheet to cover yourself with at night, no quilt or cover, just a small sheet. This was not enough, as without the air con it was too hot, but with it on, you woke up cold. And besides, I like a quilt or cover to snuggle into at night. I did think it was odd to have no covers at all provided. But all in all, this is a great place. I was really happy with all the staffs efforts, and the overall standard of the place. Recommended.

Room tip: good value
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 27 September 2018

This was my second stay in Lenaki with my friend the last time was 3 years ago so we knew what was on offer and were more than happy to book again for the price. In terms of location you need to be willing and able to walk up to 30 mins if you want to get into centre of Kos particularly the Old Town although we had bus station which is near Old Town down to 20 mins depends on how mobile you are and working out the best route. Harbour 10 - 15 mins. If you want to be on top of everything this is not the place for you but being out of the centre has the advantage of less traffic noise and nice views of the mountains. I think you will be hard pressed to find such a nice pool and sunbeds elsewhere unless you are in a 4 or 5 star hotel. The studio apartments are basic but are pretty much what you get in Greek islands. Yes perhaps some simple upgrades and tidy up would be good and I could recommend a few additions to the equipment like a bread knife and mugs for us tea drinkers but nothing major. We struggled again to find really good quality Greek food in Kos Town but did enjoy Zorba's in Diagora Square in the Old Town and Mummy's which is on Bourboulinos Street which runs down to the dolphin fountain at harbour. Our favourite though was Italiamo a bit of a diner but the pizzas are done in the oven and were delicious as was the Greek salads. It is also only a short walk from Lenaki. We would recommend getting the bus to Mastichari at least once and using the sun beds on the beach which are usually free if you are happy to use beach restaurants/bars for a drink or snack. Three island boat trips well worth it for 25 - 35 euros personally we would prefer less swimming stops/time and more time in say Pserimos but great day out and we were lucky enough to see lots of dolphins. Great holiday in Kos Town again.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends