“Lenaki Apartment”
Review of Lenaki

Reviewed 4 June 2017

After reading lots of different reviews I have come to the conclusion, the apartments suit various types of holiday maker especially families with young children, unfortunately I'm afraid it was to my liking
Pro: Pool & Garden well maintained, cleaners worked very hard keeping the rooms plus around the complex clean and tidy, sorry not a lot of Pros, I'm afraid
Cons: Some reviews say 15mins walk to Kos Town OK if you are a fast walker and don't mind the heat
Air conditioning this is payable !! - take plenty of mosquito repellents
On the notice board behind the door to the apartment there is a notice say if money exchange is needed please contact the reception, when ask the reply I got from a Steve "Oh no we do not give money exchange" you have to go to the bank, they want to update this as very confusing to say the least
There are other issues, but as will not be returning its up to other holiday makers to make what they want of the apartments

Room Tip: Block D not Block A
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends
Hotel-Apts_Lenaki, Manager at Lenaki, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2017

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review. People's opinion always counts for us.
The distance of our property to Kos town might seem to be too long for you, but it makes a big difference which part of Kos town you are referring to. Kos town is pretty big.
As for the mosquitos, there is nothing we can do about it I am afraid. Every hot country has this problem at the beginning of the season. It might have been better for you later in the summer, like September.
Finally, even though I don't recall my memory being asked to change money for any guest myself so far, I am sorry but something has changed recently that prevents us from changing foreign currency. I went to the bank to change somebody else's money and the commission has changed to 12 Euros when it was 2% before! We actually lost money. That is the reason we suggest people going to an ATM. It is a way to save money for you really. Otherwise we would have given you much less money.
Thank you once again for your review and I wish you a good summer.

Best regards,

Stamatis Tyras

Reviewed 2 June 2017

Just returned from two weeks at these apartments, what can I say, we had an excellent time celebrating our Honeymoon and my Birthday. All the Family made you feel welcome. A home from home The apartments were very clean and comfortable, cleaned everyday and the maids were lovely, leaving our sheets and towel set as hearts, they even picked a bunch of roses from the beautiful gardens for my birthday.
The apartment we had slept 3, with two large single beds pushed together making a huge double which were comfortable and a single bed in the kitchen area. The kitchen had a two ring hob, toaster and kettle plenty of cutlery etc, and the air conditioning units In The kitchen and bedroom, also a hair dryer in the bedroom with half a dozen channels, but there is a large tv with sky in the bar/reception area for you to watch any thing you like, just ask Steve, he put the motor gp on for my hubby
Locations is great, far enough from the town to not be disturbed by noise but close enough to walk. Takes about 10 minutes gentle stroll to hit the main town, and you pass plenty of shops and restaurants on the way.
Maria and Steve are great hosts and we have missed Maria's laugh and Steve's friendly banter.
Food served here is brilliant too, missed our cooked breakfasts since coming home.
We will definitely be going back here, it's the first holiday we have totally relaxed due to the friendly laid back feel of the Lenaki Apartments

Stayed: May 2017
4  Thank CozandTonyBullows
Reviewed 28 May 2017

We have just spent a pleasant week at the Lenaki just outside the town centre in Kos Town and they were great value for the money and the whole complex is great.We used these apartments as our base and had a couple of snack meals there which were not expensive. A breakfast with drinks only five euros and a large beer three euros which is not too bad. Lovely pool and bar area to enjoy the sunshine but eaten alive by mosquitos so come prepared and pack the necessary to deter these little sods!

The apartments are spread over five single story blocks and were clean and spacious with only basic equipment to self cater. Kettle, toaster, one non stick frying pan and a two hob plug in unit with one socket to power all these? No microwave but there was a fridge to keep food and drink in. On arrival you are told by a sign above the toilet to get your own toilet rolls as they only provide the initial rolls and they will charge you 4 euros a day to use your own fan. Air conditioning is available in the room at 7 euros a day, bit pricey I believe.

The staff and owners are extremely helpful and pleasant and all speak english, WiFi is available in the bar area for free but we couldn't get it in the room after the third night and was told if we did get it before it was a test site? There was also a covered car parking area and bikes available to hire. Ten minutes walk into Kos Town with supermarkets and bars within a short distance of the apartments. At night you get a few dogs barking in the distance and cockerels crowing at all hours because you are a little out in the country.

In summary it's a great base to see the island from but don't expect five star treatment and you won't be disappointed. Great weeks stay in a predominately English hotel.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank RussellAA
Reviewed 17 May 2017 via mobile

If you are visiting kos I cannot recommend this place highly enough the apartments are spacious and clean and the pool and gardens are just lovely to relax during the day the breakfast served at the bar is delicious and excellent value as is their bar menu served throughout the day from arrival to departure you treated to amazing hospitality from Steven Maria and their parents this is why people return year after year downside is probably I prefer Steven's choice of music over Maria's love love lenaki to sum it's simply the best x

Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Elaine M
Reviewed 29 September 2016

We have been going to Kos town twice a year for 13 years and always stayed at the same hotel. This September we tried the Lenaki, I wish we had tried this hotel sooner!! The pool area is lovely, the sunbeds are new and you don't have to pay for the mattress, (which you did at the previous hotel we have been staying at), some of the drinks are cheaper, the food at the hotel bar was very reasonable and very good.The owners including Maria and Steve were very helpful and friendly and couldn't do enough for you. We will definitely be staying here again next year and I would say to anyone that has been staying at the same hotel for years, change and try the Lenaki you won't be disappointed. Bev and Phil

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
3.7 km away
Niriides Beach Hotel
Niriides Beach Hotel
#9 of 19 in Psalidi

Been to Lenaki? Share your experiences!