Lowest prices for your stay
US$139
View deal
Free cancellation until 02/06/22
Orbitz.com
Travelocity
All reviews loch altan two nights evening meal seafood chowder haddock tory island visited this hotel bit dated relaxing break night stay our room was spacious a lovely stay bar menu staff were excellent well worth a visit porridge steak
Selected filters
Reviewed 17 October 2021

Had a lovely stay in Loch Altan. Very warm and friendly staff, clean and comfortable room. Food was great and so ate there most evenings.
Perfectly placed for all the stunningly beautiful beaches. If the wind is blowing, there’s a perfectly orientated beach for the best direction close by.
Would definitely return.

Date of stay: October 2021
Trip type: Travelled solo
Sean Mc Elwee, General Manager at Ostan Loch Altan, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2021

I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us during your windsurfing course. We have a particular welcome for our windsurfing guests and we offer them a more competitive rate.
Thank you for posting such a positive review and we look forward to having you back with us again next year.

Reviewed 17 October 2021 via mobile

Great value for money - rooms fairly basic but absolutely fine. Breakfast and dinners very good . Staff friendly and efficient. Great pub over the road and deli just down the road for a packed lunch. What’s not to like!! Will be back soon I am sure.

Trip type: Travelled with friends

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you will be back soon again.
All our staff are locally sourced and are very proud of their local hotel .
Thank you for posting such a positive review and we look forward to having you back with us soon again.

Reviewed 17 October 2021

Clean and comfortable room, which was very well serviced each day. Friendly and accommodating staff. Great bar and nice communal areas. Good food all round, especially breakfast. Relaxed atmosphere, despite the COVID restrictions that were required at the time. Fantastic base to explore the wonderful local area. Great value in all respects. Ticked all the boxes for my requirements.

Date of stay: September 2021

I am very grateful to you for your positive review of your recent stay with us here at Ostan Loch Altan. I am delighted that you enjoyed all aspects of the fare that we provided during your stay. We look forward to having you back with us in the near future. Thank you again.

Reviewed 17 October 2021

A very comfortable hotel in a beautiful place. Our room was spacious and clean. The staff were friendly and efficient, food was good. It was an ideal base for a group of windsurfers and a few spectators.

Trip type: Travelled with friends

Another very happy guest! Thank you for taking the time to post such a positive review of your recent stay. We look forward to having you back with us soon again.

Reviewed 17 October 2021

It was with a tear in the eye that I returned to the Loch Altan in September. I've stayed in the hotel every year for the past 20, until Covid came along and we had to cancel the 2020 trip.
We all feared for the hospitality industry during Covid - it was devastating - but I'm happy ro say that the Loch Altan has survived! As soon as I walked through the doors, I got the same warm feeling - it was like coming home.
The entrance lobby has been given a lick of paint - not that it needed it - bit it feels very fresh.

The evening restaurant has just re-opened the day we arrived - we expected a few hiccups early on, but they weren't any. As usual they were so accommodating to our big and sometimes random group.
The bar menu is new. Over 3 weeks I worked my way through everything and can recommend it all - but especially the seafood chowder, the haddock and the steak.

This September was beautifully warm so I can't comment on things like central heating - but as usual there was plenty of hot water - an essential for watersports folk.
As usual I can't fault the place and will back next year

Date of stay: September 2021

Thank you, Peter, for your kind words as regards your recent stay with us here at Ostan Loch Altan, the friendliness of the staff, the quality of the food and the general level of comfort that we provided to you during your visit.
Yes, we availed of the closure during the pandemic to refurbish and to upgrade the foyer, the dining room, the heating and hot water systems and the exterior of the building.
As you know, we reserve a particular welcome and a more competitive accommodation rate for surfers.
Thank you again and we look forward to your next visit.