All reviews painting holiday close to the hotel lough rynn perfect location scones top class martina castle wedding conservatory walks
Selected filters
Reviewed 30 August 2019

We enjoyed a great welcome and fantastic hospitality in Lough Rynn Country House B&B on our plein air watercolour painting holiday. Perfect location to paint outdoors and indoors in beautiful surroundings

Date of stay: August 2019
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 June 2019 via mobile

My friends and I stayed with Martina for one night while attending a wedding at Lough Rinn Castle. Before our arrival Martina accomodated us by adding an extra bed to a room when I no longer needed a double room. We were greeted with freshly brewed coffee and home baked muffins on arrival in the beautiful conservatory area with views of the lake. Our room was comfortable and well stocked with shower gels and other toiletries. The star of the show was the breakfast the next morning. A wide selection of fruit, yoghurts, full Irish breakfast, salmon and eggs etc. with delicious fresh juice and homemade breakfast muffins and brown soda bread. We were particularly impressed with Martina's efforts to accommodate some of our party who are wheat and dairy intolerant. She specially purchased alternative options to accommodate us.
Thank you for a wonderful stay!

Date of stay: June 2019
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank 68mauras
Reviewed 2 May 2019

We were attending a funeral and Martina got us 5 bedrooms at very short notice. The welcome was amazing with muffins, soda bread with butter and little coconut cakes and tea and brewed coffee. I never got that in any other B&B in my life. We had 5 rooms and they were ALL of very high standard. Throughout the day you can nip down to the common living room and chill or look at the lake in the conservatory. The breakfast the following morning is what i would call 'heart' with fruit and cereals available, but the sausages and white pudding beat the lot. Extremely high quality. I must mention that Martina had sprained here leg and was working for us in a CAST on her leg, so she deserved a medal. If you were going to a wedding in the castle, I would stay here, as it is within view of the castle entrance, about 300 metres. Highly recommended by The Prendergast Family

Room tip: Room 1 is Twin, Room 2 is Double but has a door out onto patio. Multiple rooms
Date of stay: April 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 18 November 2018 via mobile

I stayed here whilst doing make-up for a wedding in Lough Rynn Castle. Martina is an amazing host and welcomed me with warm blueberry muffins fresh from the oven . She is so warm & even got up extra early to prepare breakfast just for me as I had to leave at 7am to do my bridal party. The breakfast was the nicest I have received in B&Bs and hotels across the world. Fresh fruit and berries to make our own fruit salads and delicious scrambled eggs (she offered salmon and the works however the eggs were all I wanted). Her Michelin awarded brown bread was soooo nice that I wish she sold it in stores as I would buy on a regular basis. I normally don't have a huge breakfast however I couldn't resist eating so much. It kept me full until mid afternoon . Martina gave me a fresh muffin to bring away with me. Rooms and ensuite are spotless and comfortable with slippers/robes and fresh toiletries. I would definitely recommend Martina and her b&b. Even her beautiful dog Máire (or Maura) was so friendly. I hope to return and next time for leisure purposes.

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 12 November 2018

We took 3 rooms here to attend a wedding nearby. It was UTTERLY perfect. Martina welcomed us very early, so we could change. Filled us with coffee and delicious home made muffins. The beds were comfy, the rooms immaculate with spotless en suites. The rooms had all mod cons - that you'd expect from hotels, not B&Bs - slippers, individual shower gels, trouser presses, TV, dressing gowns... The breakfast the next morning was SUPERB - freshly made to order and simply delicious. We left full of home made brown bread, more muffins, full Irish, scrambled eggs with smoked salmon, fresh berries, freshly squeezed smoothie....

Would highly recommend. Seamless welcome and complete attention to detail.

Date of stay: November 2018