US$450
Official Hotel
US$187
US$156
Priceline
Best Western Plus Wine Country Hotel & Suites(West Kelowna)(Great Value!)
US$256
Rosedale Motel(Summerland)
US$154
US$111
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$130/night.

US$329
US$291
US$295
US$251
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$289/night.

TripAdvisor
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 29 September 2012

PROs
1) The view - The view from our balcony was simply beautiful. My girlfriend LOVED it. It is overlooking the water and can not get better than that

2) Location - It was right smack in the middle of Kelowna and Penticton. Perfect for heading into DT Kelowna or swimming the channel in Penticton

3) Room was a decent size. Washroom was fairly big. Bed was actually pretty comfy. There was a mini fridge in our room, AC (was kind of loud when turned on), and nice TV (lots of channels)

CONs
1) When we arrived our toilet bowl was not cleaned. It looked as if no one had cleaned it in months. I told the staff right away and they cleaned it. This kind of grossed me out because what else wasn't cleaned?

2) They do not make your bedroom or change your towels each day. I guess i'm spoiled and like my bed made and fresh towels in the room. This was not the case. Not really a big deal if you don't care either.

I can see how some people say the staff are creepy. But, they are really nice. Just because people look a certain way shouldn't be a factor in you staying here.

If it weren't for the dirty toilet bowel in the beginning, I would have rated this four stars. I had a great experience here otherwise. It was a great location and PERFECT for couples. They have a large public outdoor area with gas heaters and everything. It was super nice and you can't beat the view.

The view.. I guess you pay for the view. It is simply gorgeous.

I wouldn't say the hotel is run downed. It is a little old, but it was fine for us. I would compare it to a holiday inn express.

Room Tip: I think all the rooms face the water? I don't really know. He were given room 4 I think? I forget. It was adequate.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank canuckerr
Reviewed 28 August 2012

Don't be fooled by the website with beautiful pictures. The only nice aspect of this place is the view, which is amazing! The rest of it is absolutely disgusting.

Our key was left under the front door mat because no one was going to be there to greet us. (Which should have been our first red flag). Once inside, the whole building reeked of stale smoke and was dirty everywhere; including sheets, carpets, toilet (which in the centre of the room with no wall or door, only a partition). We were the only guests and it basically felt like the perfect setting for a bad horror movie. Once it got dark we didn't want to leave the room because the place was so creepy. However, we got so freaked out and we did not come across another soul in the place (guest or staff) so we just left and stayed at a hotel closer to Kelowna. The hotel was like a dream next to the Peachland "Castle."

***Just to note, I have stayed in 3 star hotels and hostels before and am not a picky person, but this was really bad, even for me!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
10  Thank Carmen S
Reviewed 9 July 2012

I stayed here with a group of friends that heard this hotel was 'unique'. We arrived to find desk a dirty cluttered mess and the front desk clerk looked like he was homeless - sloppy and shirtless and completely unprofessional. Looking around, I noticed the kitchen by the front desk was a mess as well. At the front desk my friend saw a giant bug crawl out from under the credit card machine as the clerk moved the machine to process the payment. The clerk showed us to our room and then kept rambling and lingering in a creepy way. By this point we were all thoroughly disgusted out but no one wanted to be the first to be chicken and leave.

The hotel room was shabby and had stained carpet.

We walked onto the balcony and found the clerk in the neighboring balcony, cleaning and shirtless again.

There was no toilet paper or garbage can in the bathroom so one my friends had to find the clerk to ask for toilet paper (and she felt the need to warn us to search for her if she wasn't back in a few minutes).

We also found that the bathroom had a large, un-curtained window overlooking the water. We found that the window did have reflective coating on the outside so during the day things appeared ok. However, at night, the reflective coating didn't work and oddly enough, someone had left a balcony chair facing the window. We wondered what kind of peep show had gone on previously.

We debated the rest of the evening if we should just leave, and finally as a kind of drunk dare chose to stay. We checked the mattresses to make sure there was no sign of bed bugs, but did find a spider by the bed. We propped the luggage rack against the door to give us wake us up if someone opened the door (the hotel had old keys, and no scancards). Once it got dark, no one dared leave the hotel room without a companion. The joke was that all we had to do was survive till dawn. With the messy kitchen and creepy atmosphere, we had no desire to stay for the free breakfast. The clerk was no where in sight when we left.

I do not recommend this hotel except for maybe a Halloween stay if you want to feel disgusted and scared.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
6  Thank M J
Reviewed 12 June 2012

We were pleased to spend a night in this wonderful, historic hotel. The current owners are in the process of restoring it and there is still so much to do but the potential to become a stunning place is obvious. We only interacted with one of the staff members and she was warm and friendly. She knew a lot about the unique character who built the castle and even shared with us a small book with some interesting historical tidbits. We were offered a simple breakfast of muffins and coffee. The muffins were freshly made and very good. Quite a bit of refinement is still needed but it was worth the price we paid. Looking forward to revisiting again when the restoration is completed!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank CanuckNeighbors
Reviewed 1 May 2012

The Peachland Castle was a beautiful place to stay. The first time being at the Okanagan Valley and the stay made it that much more enjoyable. The view was spectacular and the caretaker was very welcoming. It was very clean and the open deck with a fireplace was delightful. The rooms were spacious and the Jacuzzi tub was fantastic. Overall excellent hospitality, I would definitely recommend this place to all my friends and family and I most certainly will be staying there again.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends