All reviews beautiful town thought of everything roof terrace won t attention to detail don t miss comfy sofas poached eggs perfect hosts made us feel yogurt hidden gem our favourite local meats dietary requirements watch the sunset knowledge of the local area
Selected filters
Reviewed 9 August 2019

My daughter and I spent 4 nights at this most wonderful B&B. When it advertises that it is luxury, Andrew and Brennan provide so much more than just that. We were treated like friends and family, and their mantra that you arrive as strangers but leave as friends is so true.
The rooms are just beautiful with interiors reflecting the beautiful Spanish local area. After arriving and settling, we were taken on a short guided tour of the town, Alhaurin el Grande and shown where to eat, drink etc. Once back at the beautiful house which is in a quaint back street, we were shown how to use an extremely well stocked honesty fridge / bar.
Oh, and then breakfast......it just goes on and on with everything your heart desires. Lovely fresh fruits, local yoghurt, spanish cold meats and local cheeses, frittatas, choice of coffees and teas as well as choice of juices, and of course cooked breakfast if you are still hungry, shakshuka, poached eggs on avocado etc.
My favourite part of the house however was the roof terrace which faced west so you could sit there in the evening with a glass of wine and watch the sun set over the mountains - incredibly beautiful and peaceful. Again, so tastefully designed.
This is a must for anyone wanting get away from the rat race, and just relax and be pampered, as Andrew and Brennan have taken care of every eventuality, you need think of nothing. We will absolutely be going back, sooner rather than later xx

Date of stay: July 2019
1  Thank PennyLamb1
casa44spain, Owner at Casa 44, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2019

Penny and Catherine, thank you for being such incredible people that really made us feel like we were with family within minutes. We are so chuffed that you loved your stay and cant wait to welcome you back, soon!
Vi elsker dig og tak for at vaere vores storfamilie.
Andrew and Brennan

Reviewed 27 July 2019

On arrival to Alhaurin el grande by public transport, we were met at the bus stop by our hosts Andrew & Brennan which was a total surprise . For us that they willingly gave up their time felt so special . From that moment my wife & I knew long lasting memories were about to be made. On the way to Casa 44 their knowledge of the town was certainly appreciated , from where to eat & the history of the town . On entrance to this boutique b&b , just like the hosts did not disappoint . With each step to our room" flamenco" it was tastefully decorated with attention to detail , the bed was so comfortable, {thank you for our bottle of wine and card} a room with a view of Malaga's mountainous region ,which continued when taken to the terrace , where we enjoyed watching the stunning sunsets. The breakfast was a banquet of locally sourced produce & the enthusiasm which both Andrew & Brennan served us daily was a joy to experience. The warmth & the way they made us feel like friends not just guests was special , you provided a luxury stay at a reasonable priced rate. They took time to make our Casa 44 experience memorable . We are already planning a return visit possibly over the Christmas or Easter celebrations. Andrew & Brennan we cannot thank you enough for making our wedding anniversary so special. Your caring nature will always remain close to us . PS We kept our review as brief as we could which was difficult [ might we had ] because we want future guest to experience this hidden gem...... Casa 44

Room tip: whichever room your choice we believe you wont be disappointed.
Date of stay: July 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank mjlfejourneys
casa44spain, Owner at Casa 44, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2019

Thank you Jeanette and Mike for such an exceptional review. It was an absolute pleasure to meet you and to get to know you both. You are such a lovely couple. It means a lot that you really got us and Casa 44 and we cant wait to welcome you back in the near future.
love
Brennan and Andrew

Reviewed 24 June 2019

Simply amazing! Just returned from a wonderful couple of days at Casa44 with Andrew and Brennan. Alhaurin el Grande is a welcoming and clean city and the residents very friendly. The weather of course was a bonus being in the low 30s. Casa44 however, is on a higher level again. Tremendous thought has gone into the decor and Andrew and Brennan's taste are amplified in the products that they provide to guests for this truly unique experience. The breakfast is bountiful and locally sourced with the fruit picked from their own harvest or provided by neighbours. Both go out of their way to make it that much extra special such as creating juicies at breakfast according to our individual needs. Andrew and Brennan have brought their inividual life experiences into Casa44 and we feel humbled to be have been able to enjoy this. They have totally immersed themselves in the Spanish culture through learning the language and the history in great detail. They are certainly a part of the local community involving themselves in the local arts scene and are encouraging clean and sustainable living. During our initial tour we were able to marvel at the amount of history provided by both. The visit to a wine tasting establishment was both educating and tasty with the owner being most charming and accommodating. A totally unique and memorable experience and safe to say we are already looking at dates to return next year. Hasta luego amigos xx

Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank KatrinaT294
casa44spain, Owner at Casa 44, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2019

What an amazing review, we are genuinely grateful for the time you've taken to be so attentive and detailed. We absolutely loved having you with us and to be here for some experiences that were new to us too. Your enthusiasm was so rewarding and better still, seeing you really relax.
We can't wait to see you again soon.
Love Brennan and Andrew

Reviewed 16 June 2019 via mobile

Where do I start? From start to finish Andrew and Brennan made the holiday incredibly special for my partner and I.

When booking the holiday they recommend sunset travel which was their first great suggestion. If you want to travel in comfort and style from the airport to Casa 44 for a reasonable price definitely take them up on their advice.

Once we got to Casa 44 we were taken a back as soon as we stepped foot inside. With an array of candles lit through the hall and kitchen and lovely background music it set the atmosphere straight away. Not only this we were welcomed with complimentary bubbly and a lovely welcome letter. This start just made us feel at ease and at home.

When we were heading up to bed we were asked what time we would want breakfast, We decided on 9am. The best way I could describe breakfast would absolutely faultless. We were seen to the table where we had a selection of fruit, yoghurt, cold meats, cheeses and a selection of teas, coffee and cold drinks. This was only the tip of the ice burg. We were then offered a variety of freshly made breakfast. We opted for poached egg on muffin and the shakshuka, both awesome. Each morning Brennan would offer us something different I think our favourite being the scrambled eggs on rye break topped with chopped chorizo. I would go as far as saying the best breakfast I have ever had. This was accompanied every morning with a fresh lemon juice made my Andrew.

The room was completely spotless and their attention to detail was just incredible. They have thought of everything possible which you may need through out your holiday. I particularly liked their homemade canvas in the kitchen displaying a mini map of what was around us and how far away it was to get there.

Finally as hosts Andrew and Brennan were fantastic. They have such a lovely way with them, nothing was ever too much trouble. They are always there if you need something but also give you enough space to enjoy your holiday as if nobody is around. Their knowledge on the area was so helpful the first day we arrived they walked us around the town showing us plenty of different options for food and potential walks we could go on.

Thank you both for making our holiday amazing. We will 100% be back.

2  Thank BecsCrumbs
casa44spain, Owner at Casa 44, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2019

We are so grateful and overwhelmed by your amazing review. Thank you guys, for such a kind and detailed oversight of our Casa 44. We are so looking forward to seeing you again. Love
Andrew and Brennan

Reviewed 13 June 2019

Whilst exploring the region, I decided to give myself a birthday treat of a couple of nights at this new boutique b&b in the old town of charming Alhaurin el Grande.

As a single woman travelling, I prefer small, intimate residences that have character and privacy and affable hosts....

Well, boy did I strike gold.

I have travelled the world solo and never have I felt so safe, spoilt and relaxed as I did at Casa 44.

My suite, Flamenco was stylish, spacious and so tranquil. Every thought has been given to detail and views to die for. The bed was very comfortable and I appreciated the pillow choice and big waffle robe.

I spent most of my time completely chilled on the roof terrace where the panoramic view is completely mesmerising. With a glass of cava and music it was magical.

Breakfast was to put it mildly, a feast.
Fresh, creative and in abundance. You could feel the love and thought put into every dish. I had loose Ceylon tea and Eggs Florentine that beat many of the 5 star city hotels I have stayed in.

And then there are the hosts; Andrew and Brennan.
They are knowledgeable, passionate and funny. They judged my mood perfectly and were completely empathic.
If I wanted to chat or know something, they were on hand. If I wanted quiet 'me' time, it was as if I had the beautiful casa to myself.

Personally, I believe they have struck the perfect balance. It may be listed as a b&b, but in my opinion, this is a boutique hotel with perfect hosts and I cannot wait to return imminently.

I've left feeling completely rejuvenated and full of life and enamoured with Casa 44 and the boys!

Thank you and I wish you every success.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Patte G
casa44spain, Owner at Casa 44, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2019

Gosh Patte, thank you for your wonderful review. It was such a pleasure to meet you and we are so proud to have surpassed your expectations. Until the next time.
Love