“Full on a Monday night”

La Cucina
Ranked #3 of 21 Restaurants in Rustington
Price range: US$7 - US$27
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: La Cucina is the place for everyone to enjoy a warm, relaxed atmosphere with fantastic food to suit you at any time of the day. Made with fresh ingredients and always served with a smile we prepare everything to suit you. Why not enjoy a mouth watering contemporary breakfast, or a rich Italian roasted coffee with a sumptuous slice of one of our homemade cakes.
Reviewed 12 February 2018 via mobile

Down from Yorkshire visiting family. Came here because of good reviews. Thought it would be quiet on a Monday but filled up quickly and good atmosphere. Soon realised why, thoughtful service and good food. My mum's charred cauliflower starter particularly good. Wife's Calzone excellent. My steak in porcini mushroom/onion sauce was lean, cooked exactly as requested and loaded with flavour. The owner, I think he was the owner, was on hand and explains why the staff are efficient and attentive. Exactly what you want in an italian restaurant. Will come back.

Reviewed 9 February 2018 via mobile

Visited this restaurant this evening with my partner for the first time. Absolutely Fantastic ! Great atmosphere, it seemed busy and bustling ! This is the first time I am writing a review, I am glad that it is a good one!
We shared one of the specials with our drinks to start. Cauliflower with bacon- delightful! After I continued to have the fish of the day, fresh salmon in a lovely prawn sauce. Good portion.
Staff were truly wonderful. Our waitress was very happy and polite, when asked questions proved to be very knowledgeable on the menu.
Overall a very wonderful evening hope to come back soon!

Reviewed 8 February 2018

Having been to this Restaurant many times in an evening and for coffee in a morning have never had need to fault the place. But we decided to go for Lunch and whether it was a bad day but it was not a satisfactory visit. We asked what the dish was and were told it was tomato based with chichen but when it turned up it was a white sauce with a few tomatoes in..on a cold plate. Now to be fair we were asked if food was ok but had not realised it would chill so quick..But it became quite gluten..Now if we had complained halfway through , one would be eating and one waiting...Sometimes time is not so spare at a lunchtime. When after complaining we had to then ask what was the reply from the kitchen..Not good enough. We should not need to ask. Communicate please. Maybe offer a free coffee.
Hopefully this is just a blip to a restaurant that prides its self in service and quality

Reviewed 5 February 2018 via mobile

This is my wife and I's first trip here together and I couldnt fault it. They greeted us at the door and showed us to our table with no delay. They gave us enough time to settle in and get comfortable before asking to take our drinks orders. The waitress took the time to explain the dishes we asked about on the menu as well as making sure we were aware of all the specials including the scallops which were not even on the menu which i then order. The food was cooked to absolute perfection and the portions were good. The food came out in good time. Not to slow to make you feel unnecessarily hungry and not to quick making you wish you had more time. I was also very happy with the fact that when we did ask for the bill we werent made to wait ages for it to come over or for the card machine to be bought over afterwards. Looking forward to our next visit and working my way through the very nice looking menu.

Reviewed 15 January 2018 via mobile

We visited La Cucina on busy Saturday night with a family ( large group of people ) and we was satisfied in 100%.Service was very professional and attentive. The starters were delicous so tasty good portions. When we got our mains we wasn't disappointed too. The fish of the day was so tasty served with veg and potatoes. We got some pizzas and pasta dishes there were excellent too. We did finished with home made deserts and we left very happy. We are definetly coming back and recommend this lovely place for any occasion.