All reviews chowder bit dated bar menu single room west clare spanish point beach from start to finish comfortable hotel miltown malbay function room no lift attending a wedding golf course top class co clare staff were so friendly both nights
Reviewed 18 September 2018

One of the hotels on our travel schedule was this hotel at Spanish Point. It is very well located for an excursion to the Cliffs of Moher. Service is excellent and the food was delicious. A nice buffet breakfast was included. I left my toilet articles in the room, these were kept safely for me at the reception and handed over when we returned. The large mirror in the restaurant was effectively used to monitor when service was required! A place to remember for a following visit.

Room Tip: Rooms on the ground floor might be noisy, the main building is excellent
Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 September 2018

This hotel has a nice view of the Atlantic ocean and a little river running into the sea. The rooms were a little small but adequate but you could not adjust the heat in your room. The sign said call the front desk. The temp was fine for us so we did not try. The hotel advertises free wifi BUT it only works in the Lobby; not in the rooms or even the dining room. The restaurant had a large menu but almost no local choices. The dinner we had was ok but not great. Overall was fine for the one night we stayed.

Stayed: September 2018
Reviewed 16 September 2018

The rooms were spacious and cozy. We had the triple room. There was lots of space. It was very clean. Tea and coffee in the room. Beautiful location. Right on the ocean and the beach is within walking distance. The only thing is that at breakfast we didn't know you could order omlettes and such. We thought it was just buffet. So making that known would have made the breakfast experience a little better. We just happened to see omelet's on plates around us. Other than that, would recommend staying here.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 September 2018 via mobile

We are locals and had dinner here Friday evening. I have noticed before that the menu was very dated with nothing enticing to choose. Thankfully there we're sone specials that I thought could be nice. Beef and Guinness Stew, Turkey and Ham, and Hake. I had the stew, my partner had the hake. Food isn't cheap here so you would expect quality. The stew was awful, the chef made it with tomatoes. I make this dish myself, Ive never heard of adding tomatoes (canned). Google this recipe and you will not find any with added canned tomatoes.....result!..awful taste. My partner had the hake. Lovely large piece of fish, cooked perfectly, tasted georgous but horrible potatoes and veg and no sauce. I won't eat there again.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 September 2018 via mobile

Had my engagement party in the bellbridge hotel last night with 17 people having dinner and about 30 for drinks. It was the perfect venue for what we wanted. The staff went above and beyond in every aspect, everything was looked after. The food was perfect.
Thanks to David and staff for everything. Would highly recommend this venue for any family event.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family