All reviews stayed for nights half board garage desk pillows balcony salzburg
Reviewed 12 July 2018

My husband and I were taking a long road trip and thought this would be a nice quiet place to stay. While the room was modern and clean, the hotel overall lacked character. The room was adequate. The breakfast was not impressive at all for this type of hotel. The staff was professional. The indoor pool was nice. Other than that I really didn't find it memorable in any way. For the price I would have had higher expectations.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 January 2018 via mobile

As I traveled from Kitzbühel to Salzburg touring Austria, a friend recommended I stay here and he did not lead me astray. Very nice property, friendly and competent staff, and appeared to have a great spa, but I did not have time to enjoy! Rooms were modern and clean in the newer section and my view was charming.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 20 September 2017

We were very disappointed in this property. From the initial property pictures, you think you will be staying in a lovely historic property. The hotel itself is mostly in a newer building that is attached to the lovely historic property. There is a garage onsite. The floor is wood, and scuffed - both of us ended up with splinters in our socks. The beds very exceptionally firm, and both of us said we would prefer to sleep on the floor of our home over the hotel bed, awoke with neck and back pain. Pillows hard. We reserved a room with a balcony, which looked 20 feet across to the side of the historic part of the property, but all you could see was wall, and we were very disappointed that we paid extra for this amenity. The onsite restaurant is not a la carte, and as we did not pay for half-board, were not able to eat dinner onsite. The room only had one usable plug in, which was at the desk. There are no plugs next to bed, and one socket on the wall next to the light switch. There is no temperature control for heater in the room. This room did not have a cooling system. The bathroom was acceptable. Breakfast was average, less options than other 4-star properties we stayed at in Europe, and had difficulty getting coffee. This is an expensive hotel for the quality. We would not stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 48Julie789
Reviewed 22 August 2017

We stayed for 2 nights in Villa seilern Vital Resort in Bad Ischl as part of a walking holiday. we stayed on a half board basis, but in addition to the fine breakfast and evening meals, there was also an afternoon tea served from 2.30pm. The service from all staff was excellent, and the double room we had was lovely. I would try and avoid the Jagdzimmer for dinner as this was quite small and was very warm and a bit stuffy, but when we asked to be moved, this was not a problem. I would highly recommend this hotel. we used the solarium area, but thought the Jacuzzi too cold and didn't go in the steam room as everyone appeared to strip naked, as appears to be the custom in Austria/Germany.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 August 2017 via mobile

My husband and I booked a junior suite at this resort for two nights. The weather was rainy so we were looking forward to a friendly place to stay. The staff were a bit aloof; management was non committal.
The first night I was bitten by what I presume were bed bugs. Management said that housekeeping would take care of it. The second night I was bitten again.
The swimming pool was fine. The food was ok. The service was strange, more vacant than aloof. It was still raining when we left and we were pleased to leave.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple