“Top end Chinese foodexperience”
Review of Lai Heen

Lai Heen
Ranked #6 of 932 Restaurants in Macau
Price range: US$38 - US$191
Description: Perched on the 51st floor, worlds away from the buzz of the city, Lai Heen honors tradition in a way that only Macau can; with a modern twist. The handsomely decorated space includes five private dining rooms, a cigar lounge and seating that invites lively conversation.
Reviewed 9 December 2017 via mobile

We at here on a weekend trip to Macau. Chinese food is not my favourite, and there is no disguising that is what they serve here, but with the tasting menu it is presented beautifully and tastes as delicious as it can be. The wine pairings were particularly good and I would recommend including that in your meal.

Service is impeccable and a special call out for Chelsea who was knowledgable and charming.

So if you want a high end Chinese experience this is well worth the visit.

TheRitzCarltonMacau, Manager at Lai Heen, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2017

Dear Zouppy,

We highly appreciate such great review and for taking the time to share your top-notch dining experience.

It is extremely gratifying to hear about your wonderful compliments on our tasting menu with wine pairings accompanied with impeccable service delivered by our Ladies and Gentlemen, especially Chelsea. I will definitely share your compliments to her.

On behalf of our Ladies and Gentlemen, I would like to thank you for visiting Lai Heen during your short trip. We will continue to create a memorable journey for every guest and we hope to have you back again soon.

Reviewed 4 December 2017 via mobile

Fabulous restaurant!!! We were starting to think that high end Asian cuisine was just not a thing when we found LaiHeen and were completely swooned by the delicious food and amazing service! This restaurant deserves so much more praise!
We decided to do the tasting menu. Every single dish was inspired by Chinese cuisine with a modern twist. All the flavors were absolutely fantastic, very well developped and provided the ultimate Chinese dining experience! Every plate was beautifully presented with delicious sides and meats. Complete with everything even bird's nest!! We loved it all!
We got some delicious cocktails from the bar (don't hesitate to ask for the extended list of cocktails from the bar next door - they can also make pretty much anything!) followed by wine by the glass which was recommended by the sommelier.
I was too shy to tell but I hate sticky rice cake. My husband told the Maitre D' who took it off my meal and changed it for a personal surprise, his favorite dessert which turned out to be absolutely delicous!!!
The service all along was beyond our expectations, every one was so polite and friendly and made sure we had a wonderful experience, which we did. Thank you so much!

TheRitzCarltonMacau, Manager at Lai Heen, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2017

Dear ScotchAndSuits,

We highly appreciate your incredible feedback and would like to thank you for taking the time to share your wonderful experience with us.

It is our pleasure to have you as our guests and we are thrilled to hear that you had thoroughly enjoyed your sumptuous meal and had been well taken care of by our Ladies and Gentlemen. As always, we aim to create a memorable experience by providing finest quality of food and beverages accompanied by exceptional Ritz-Carlton service.

On behalf of our Ladies and Gentlemen, I would like to thank you for your 5 stars compliments and generous comments. We will continue to deliver excellent service in the future and we are looking forward to having you back soon.

Reviewed 26 November 2017 via mobile

Great Chinese Canton food. Expensive price but very small portion, advance booking is preferred, otherwise may need wait a long time. The Eight restaurant compare with this, I will choose the Eight. The eight everything is better a bit.

TheRitzCarltonMacau, Manager at Lai Heen, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2017

Dear dailulu,

We highly appreciate your review and thank you for sharing your dining experience with Trip Advisor community.

We are pleased to hear that you liked the food, despite the price being beyond expectation. I would appreciate it if you can contact me at luigikawun.chan@marriott.com for more details. We will certainly look into ways to enhance our offers and I am sure you will find out more unexpected touches with us in your next visit.

Thank you once again for your conveying feedback as it is paramount to our continuing efforts in providing every guest with an exceptional dining experience. We look forward to having another chance to raise your voting to 5 stars in the near future and hope to create an experience that will be truly remarkable and outstanding.

Reviewed 19 November 2017 via mobile

一流的服務 點心精緻美味 獨特的佳餚 享用了賞心悅目的午市套餐 十分養顏 非常適合女士享用 員工對菜色了解 非常耐心地講解 面帶笑容 彬彬有禮 值得一讚是員工 Martin
It was probably the best Chinese restaurant I had ever had in my life. The 'just about service' really impressed me a lot! They give out a nice sense of privacy and at the same time providing an excellent service. The staffs there are all well-trained, with smiles and consideration. Lai Heen is absolutely a highly recommended Chinese restaurant and will definitely revisit! Credit to the staff there- Martin.

TheRitzCarltonMacau, Manager at Lai Heen, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2017

Dear Trista T,

I enjoyed reading your 5-star review and would like to thank you for recommending Lai Heen to other diners.

It is very fulfilling to know that you enjoyed the courses in our lunch set as well as the service delivered by our Ladies and Gentlemen, especially Martin. I will definitely share your compliments with team.

Moreover, we are honored to learn that you consider Lai Heen as the best Chinese restaurant you have been into and we look forward to having you back again in the near future.

Reviewed 15 November 2017 via mobile

I had the signature lunch set menu. It was delicious ! They made some of the most unique dishes, great presentation and light flavor small portion food in tapas style. Michelin 1 Star will deserved! Also the staff are all very professional and courtesy, quick and efficient service, especially Candy and Zin, they are both very helpful and super knowledgeable about the dishes. Thanks you both ! I also had the famous Gin & Tonic drink at the bar lounge next door, also highly recommended. Both Lai Heen and the Ritz bar are a must if you are a foodie and prefer unique food/drink :-)

TheRitzCarltonMacau, Manager at Lai Heen, responded to this reviewResponded 17 November 2017

Dear Jason Allan W,

Thank you for sharing your wonderful dining experience at Lai Heen and The Ritz-Carlton Bar & Lounge with the TripAdvisor community.

It is extremely gratifying to hear about your generous compliments on the food and their presentations. We are also glad to hear that you were impressed with the service delivered especially by our outstanding Ladies, Candy and Zin.

We will definitely continue to create exquisite culinary journey to every guest and we look forward to providing you with another exceptional dining experience in the near future.

The Ritz-Carlton, Macau

Been to Lai Heen? Share your experiences!