“Nah, I won't be back”
Review of Wynn Macau

Wynn Macau
Ranked #17 of 94 Hotels in Macau
Reviewed 6 June 2011

1st visit, May of '10 was unbelievable. Free room for a week, comped meals, ride to ferry in Bentley. I even had 2 days left over which I used this May. This time around I got a back room with a view of equipment in back. Last time I had front watershow room. This time half comps which means you co-pay for the food. As always, the food is surpurb, no doubt about that. I spoke with the chef to find out where seafood came from. Sushi from Norway, clams from China. Buffet with nine different nationalities in it. My problem was with the hosts in the casino. I found them rude, extremely rude. I called the host I had last time for three days. He responded by phone but no where to be seen. I was even charged for a third day. I tend to think they do not want repeat travellers. Now they have competition from the Galaxy which opened while I was there. It seems to be a very nice hotel. When you write a pleasant review about the hotel you get this nice letter from Nessa Fong, manager of hotel services, I think. But he doesn't put action to his words so I won't go back. Think I'll try Galaxy next time. But I will visit the buffet.

PS: It's a lot cleaner than Wynn Vegas.

Room Tip: ask for Nessa Fong & see what happens
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank slotmamma

Reviewed 3 June 2011

I booked a standard room but I upgraded to the best suit i ever experience. A huge suit of about 2000 sq feet. A excellant hotel in the world with Casino and all activities.We can have business meetind in day with moderate rates of room compare to Hong Kong and can have entertainment in evening. All is well. Most preferred hotel.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 April 2011

The Encore grand suite was very big, very grand very red and gold) and cannot fault it at all. It was new, spacious, with a private Spa room for in room treatment, bath tub with tv...this room can fit a whole family in! The bed was comfortable, sofa great to lazy on to watch TV... however did not like the colour tone of the room (I know it is Wynn style to go red and gold) but it was a bit too much and after a while your eyes will get tired...

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank kizzcat
Reviewed 7 April 2011

In brief:

The Good
1. Food service, quantity & quality
2. Staff friendly & helpful
3. Excellent fitness centre
4. Large, clean, modern & well appointed rooms
5. Quick walk to historical city sites
6. Good conference facilities & food

The Bad
1. Not informed pre-stay that pool would be closed for renovations
2. Limited restaurant choices with young children

The Ugly
1. Rude guests shoving in front of our pram to get to the lifts on multiple occasions
2. Non non-smoking floors - people obviously ignore these rules

We stayed at the Wynn for 4 nights and I was looking after my one year old during the day while my wife attended a conference. Overall this is an excellent hotel if you are into gaming but options are limited with small children. Only 2 cafe's will take kids under 5. Compounding this for our stay was the pool being under renovation meaning I couldn't entertain my child as I'd planned. We would have stayed at the MGM if we had known these limitations, and on walking through this seems to be a better hotel for people with kids. I understand the Venitian and the Crown on the Cotai strip now have dedicated children's areas.

That said, the staff were always helpful and were great with our kid. Unfortunately the same can't be said of several rude guests who will push in front if a pram to get a lift. I expect this on the streets of big Asian cities but not in the Wynn. This may explain why $1000 MOP ($125 AUD) deposit is required per night for incidentals which was also a surprise in a hotel of this calibre. Does this mean many guests are rude and can't be trusted? Also, our friend had to move rooms due to smoking on a non-smoking floor.

Overall, if it was luxury gaming I was after I would absolutely recommend the Wynn but if you are traveling with young children or aren't interested in gaming give it a miss.

• Stayed: April 2011
Reviewed 16 March 2011

This is fabulous hotel - especially rooms - we stayed in Encore tower's suite 103 m2 - absolutely perfect! They have the only defect: staff. NO PROFESSIONALS! Like in village! Impossible everywhere - hotel staff, restaurant waiters, casino workers. But Macau is very nice place, not Vegas, but try it!

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple