All reviews large balcony ocean view the black sand beach the south china sea shuttle bus hac sa beach cotai strip indian buffet indoor pool every half hour portuguese restaurant bit dated kids club rooms are spacious health club free shuttle service the hotel offers
Reviewed 25 May 2016 via mobile

A breakaway or getaway from the city... Not new compared to the Cotai hotels but you can trade the ambiance of being close to nature. We love the veranda, where you can breathe fresh air from the sea, you can hear the chirping birds and will love to look at the green side of it where you can still see a lot of trees. Love to watch the trees as they sway with the wind. One of the best stay and planning to come back again..

Stayed: October 2015, travelled with family
HOTELMNGMNT, Senior Executive of Communications & Marketing Services at Grand Coloane Resort Macau, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2016

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your recommendation. It gave us great pleasuring knowing you had a memorable stay with us. We are very pleased to know that you were impressed with our resort location and facilities.

Thank you for sharing such encouraging review. We cannot wait to welcoming you back in the nearest future.

Reviewed 21 May 2016 via mobile

Prebday celebration with my family on a weekend getaway! The place is old but and run down. The bellboys are very friendly & helpful! The room was spacious & got a sea view! The Varanda was spacious which is a plus but he lightings are not working, called the guest service to have it fix but it takes ages for the man to get there but he managed to fix the light! Too many bugs & mosquito, even found several coaches inside the room! The down side is that when u asked for something it takes them more than 30mins to bring it up to the room! The recreation staff Jake & Bellboy Ariel are both friendly & helpful. The jacuzzi is not working & no attendant around the pool area so it's difficult if u want something coz u have to walked to the bar area to find an attendant. The cake doesn't taste nice! It's not a cake it's a dry cupcake!

Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family

Dear anglemhike,

Thank you for taking the time to write about us on TripAdvisor during your recent stay. We are delighted to know you enjoyed your stay with us. We have also taken note of your feedback in regards to the room and recreation, which will definitely help us to improve in providing the best for our guests.

We look forward to welcoming you back with us for the coming future.

Cheers

Reviewed 18 May 2016 via mobile

A very nice hotel located close to the beach. Although there was some garbage on the ground, walking on the black sand and its green suroundings was quite refreshing. We have seen a lot of butterflies. For those who like the noisy part of Macau they have shuttlebusses to the venetian. The room was very spacious, clean and tidy with seaview. Staff was very helpfull and attentive as they have prepared cake for my girlfriends' birthday.

A minor dislike was that wifi is not free and that we had to pay 30 mop for a broken glass.

In general it was something different than the hotels on the Cotaistrip and it was positive experience.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed our hotel during your recent visit. We look forward to delighting you again in the near future.

Reviewed 16 May 2016

Having been here many times when it was still under the Westin, I visited here about a year ago when it had just become Grand Coloane and sadly had a very disappointing experience. I wrote about it on TripAdvisor and the General Manager Malcolm responded to me and was very proactive in engaging my feedback. My boyfriend and I went back almost a year to the day from last year, and the place and service was almost unrecognizable!

They went out of their way to remember my birthday (it was in a few days) and even delivered a cake to the room for me. But what really impressed me were the little details, such as when we came down for breakfast quite late (about 10 minutes before the buffet was supposed to close), the restaurant staff tried to hold off some of the food for us to make sure we can still get some and asked us if we were done before just cleaning up. It was very kind! Also, when I called guest services to get some sanitary napkins which I'd forgotten, the nice staff there mentioned that the hotel was out of it but did not hesitate to send me a few from her personal supply. It's this kind of proactive and kind service that I always appreciate!

The pool was in great shape, it was clean and the staff were very attentive to the surrounding area as well. While the rooms and furniture are a bit tired and could use a renovation, they worked really hard to keep it as clean and fresh looking as they can. I would definitely come back here, if not for just the service!

Thank you to the entire staff for making the experience a special one and I am looking forward to the next visit!

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
HOTELMNGMNT, General Manager at Grand Coloane Resort Macau, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2016

Rosy,

We are so appreciative of your post! You gave us another chance to be of service, I am happy we delivered and that you have seen improvements, especially in the little things that make so much difference. As I said in my note to you, there will always be a room for you here at Grand Coloane... and you don't necessarily need to wait for your next birthday

We do hope to see you again soon.

Malcolm

Reviewed 15 May 2016 via mobile

The hotel is set in the last remaining outpost of unspoilt Macau beyond the temples of glass and gambling on the peaceful side of Colony Island. Very friendly and helpful staff made our stay even better.

We had a very pleasant check in with lots of smiles and efficient service. We had a Grand Deluxe Ocean View room on the 8th floor which is best as no one can overlook you when you war sitting on the massive terrace (about 12' x 20'). The room itself was also massive with a very nice cinft king bed and very luxurious pillows.

Facilities wise there was everything in the rooms - satellite TV, nespresso style coffee machine, kettle, safe, minibar etc.. The bathroom was similarly well appointed with a spare shower, massive bath tub and nice toiletries provided.

We ate Ala Carte in the coffee shop and got 25% off.. The African Chicken was delicious. Service was friendly and efficient. We also had the buffet breakfast which has both western and Asian favourites with indoor or outdoor seating.

The poll, gym and seafront gardens gave a feeling of tranquillity and there is the famous Miramar Portuguese sea front restaurant (not part of the hotel) just five minutes away.

Highly recommended for a weekend getaway after busy Hong Kong or as an escape from the casinos.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
HOTELMNGMNT, Senior Executive of Communications & Marketing Services at Grand Coloane Resort Macau, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2016

Dear Fermioza,