“Top notch dim sum”

Ranked #24 of 827 Restaurants in Macau
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 17 January 2017

The Eight has three Michelin stars since 2014, and the Grand Lisboa is the only hotel in the world with two three star restaurants under its roof (The Four Seasons in Hong Kong had two 3*** as well until Caprice was demoted to 2 **). We went for a birthday lunch with a group of five and ordered generously from the dim sum menu. The dim sum is top notch, and if my sister in law and mother in law from Hong Kong, who have eaten in hundreds of dim sum places all over HK, nod repeatedly with approval, it must be good. Order a special mushroom XO sauce to go with the dim sum - it's a special item on the menu and only HKD 45. The presentation of some of the dim sum is spectacular - pork bun in form of a hedghog, crab and prawn dumpling in form of a gold fish etc...... The wine list must be one of the most comprehensive in the world. We were probably the only guests to order wine with our dim sum, so we had the sommelier to ourselves for the entire meal. The 2010 Condrieu from Chapoutier was excellent and quite fairly priced. We will gladly return here.

Reviewed 15 January 2017

Well over the past week I have eaten at most of the best restaurants in Hongkong. If you are looking for what could be the best dim sum on earth look no further. Considering this being a three star Michelin restaurant your expectations should be high and lots of things here hot the markers. Service is as close as it gets to being perfect. Food is fantastic and the tea was really good. We had a slight tea incident when the tea (waiter) axidentley poured tea on my plate but that was taken care of no hassle. All dim sum here were excellent but I really liked the ones that were made up to look like something els. The goldfish were just adorable. The restaurant was nice and the entry door was pretty cool. The main waiter was really informative and the menu at this restaurant is really good. The variation of dim sum is impressive.

If you have only one place ever to eat dim sum this is it.

Thank you for the whole dim sum experience!

Reviewed 4 January 2017

The location for The Eight is hard to beat as it is located within the Grand Lisboa Casino, a beautiful building both inside and out. The Eight is an elegant restaurant with a menu of mostly Southern Chinese cuisine. The restaurant is most famous for its Dim Sum. The Dim Sum was incredible. The price was also incredible.

Reviewed 2 January 2017 via mobile

We are Michelin hunters and I will have to say this restaurant left me slightly confused. In my opinion this place does not meet the standards of 3 star Michelin. I am talking mainly about the service and the food. We did a set menu with wine pairing. We all felt the same that the wine pairing was just...off. The taste of off the food was so average. I would not recommend this restaurant to Michelin lovers.

1  Thank disalada
Reviewed 26 December 2016 via mobile

We came here to celebrate our 17th anniversary seeing that it was recently given its 3rd star. The entrance created a magical illusion of entering a lake and the ambience and wait staff were very good.

There ends the compliments.

The food was ok without being bad but difficult to justify it's 3 star status.

As the dinner course was winding down and I was 1/4th into my taro pudding dessert, I found a strand of curly (definitely pubic) hair embedded in the pudding. It was disgusting.

The wait staff offered their sincerest apologies and offered to replace the dessert with any other dessert item on the menu. However the damage was done and cemented my thoughts that The Eight is definitely not worthy of even 1 star.

1  Thank samSG81

Been to The Eight? Share your experiences!