“Fell short of my expectation - seafood way over cooked”
Review of Robuchon au Dome

Robuchon au Dome
Ranked #16 of 961 Restaurants in Macau
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 21 September 2017 via mobile

Went in early August during a 2-day break. Very lucky to secure a table on a Sunday night just 2 weeks before my visit.

The restaurant is situated at the very top of the Lisboa Hotel, under a dome shaped roof. Beautiful Lalique chandelier. Tables are nicely spaced out with privacy. My table overlooked the Casino area across from mainland Macau.

The amuse bush was very nice. It's langoustine mousse sandwiched between thin strips of waffle. 3-star!

The Caviar and king crab meat in crustacean jelly was exquisite. Also plated beautifully.

All I could remember in the next dish was the apple avocado moose on top of the salad. It was crisp and refreshing. Loved it. 3-star!

Next came the scallop. Sinked my knife in it and I knew it was way over cooked. It was rubbery and chewy. I couldn't help but let the server know that the dish was disappointing. Does not require any extraordinary cooking skill. Hot skillet and pan fried each side 2 mins.

Then the nicely plated lobster. Again way over cooked. It required a lot of effort to cut into the meat. Second dish in a row and it really spoiled my appetite. Again I flagged down the manager and made her aware of the staff's inability to handle seafood. She was apologetic but I made it clear that 3-star Michelin restaurant can't afford such error.

They redeemed themselves when the rib eye arrived. It was flavorful and the meat was tender. 3-star!

We skipped dessert cause we had been eating all day. In exchange we asked for the cheese cart. Lots of choices and I chose blue cheese, a hard and another soft cheese.

Service was great all night. They offer extra course to compensate for the seafood situation. I declined cause I was quite full.

Sommelier was knowledgeable. We had champagne and ordered 2 half bottles - one red and one white. Extremely reasonable markup. More like 1x vs 2-4x in HK's to restaurants.

For entertainment, we really enjoyed the pianist. We tipped him a couple of times because I didn't feel he was being appreciated by other patrons. We requested a few songs from him.

On balance, it was a nice evening with fairly good food, great ambience and service.

When I got home, I realized they took off the extra charge (USD100) for the beef to compensate for the seafood situation.

Date of visit: September 2017

Reviewed 17 September 2017

Robuchon is of course among the best in the world, there is no denying that. But if you have a restaurant like the Tasting Room right around the corner, it just seems a bit bland and overpriced.

Date of visit: June 2017
Reviewed 17 September 2017

I visited with my girlfriend when I went to Macau. I was so disappointed by the service from this restaurant that I do not have any good impression about the food they served. I remembered ordering foie gras and some sort of meat. The temperate and presentation of the main entree was as expected. But my server failed to explain the menu to me and did not bother filling up my glass until I asked him to. I was tempted to go grab the bottle myself and fill up my own glass. Versus I see the table next to me had excellent service with good food introduction and always check and see if they need anything else. I believe the next to us spoke Mandarin versus I was speaking in English. I am not sure if that makes a difference in terms of experience. Also towards the end of my meal they will push out a desert cart and you have 3 choices. But they just kind of like pick it up from the cart and put it on your plate. There wasn't much "presentation" so to speak. I was impressed by the way how I was greeted and served in Hong Kong. I will be visiting the one in Las Vegas later this year. I will also compare this experience with the one in Vegas and see.

Date of visit: May 2017
Reviewed 5 September 2017

We went to Robuchon Au Dome last week for lunch and the whole experience was fantastic, Myself and Daughter had the Menu Plaisir and My Husband had the Menu Gourmet, The amuse Bouche was a burrata frozen pearl with a basil infusion, followed by a duo of beetroot with apple and a avocado sorbet it was truly delicious, we then followed with a Lettuce Veloute which our daughter was not looking forward too.... She however cleared her bowl, it was delicate and was served with iberico ham which was very flavorful. My husbands 1st main course was a Black Cod with black pepper sauce and box choy he tells me this was beautifully cooked and the flavor balanced. My main course was a lovely cooked duck breast server with coriander seed and a candied ginger which was truly one of the best things I've eaten and believe me when i say I've eaten some really good food. Our daughter had the mini beef burgers minus the Foie Gras and though she probably would have liked it cooked a little more she did truly enjoy it... The bread choice is one of the best I've tasted and seen served with either salted or unsalted butter from france. in our daughters eyes the finale would have to be the dessert trolley I lost count how many desserts where there but i do know that i had one of the tastiest chocolate tarts I've ever tasted along with a beautiful strawberry sorbet, our daughter opted for 3 desserts rather than an ice cream or sorbet though in the end the staff also offered her the ice cream too.. she truly was in heaven, though she was unable to move afterwards..... My husband opted for the cheese selection which was again one of the best cheese selections I've see outside of France or Italy, it was served with bread and biscuits and also you could choose dried fruit, nuts grapes and jam to accompany. The wine selection also must be mentioned with over 16000 choices this is immense. We started with a lovely Billercart Salmon Rose and finishes with an Arte Series from the moment we arrived to the time we finished the whole day just flowed effortlessly, The staff are amazing they are there but without being intrusive like some michelin restaurants. We are already wondering when we can fit another trip into Macao just to have another meal here.

Date of visit: September 2017
Reviewed 24 August 2017

Food are excellent.
Use credit card to guaranty the reservation is required.
Some service isn't up to my expectation, but they rectify professionally,

Date of visit: August 2017