“GOOD PUB FOOD”

Ranked #1 of 2 Restaurants in Crosby
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 6 April 2018

My wife and I and two friends had lunch at the Hawthorne Inn recently.

The service was friendly and attentive.

The atmosphere was pleasant, especially in the 'new' extension.

The food was well prepared, seasoned and tasty. we all chose differently and were happy with our choices, except that I was served the smallest lamb shank I have ever seen! A pity really when everything else was fine!

Reviewed 4 April 2018

This place could be easily missed if one is rushing along the road TT style, but I would highly recommend stopping by. The menu has immense variety and it all sounds very appetising, the only improvement could be more vegetarian and vegan options, (and maybe slightly less meat options as its so hard to choose which!).
The service was good, apart from we said we'd like to order some coffees after our desert but they didn't reappear for this to happen. The food here is very tasty and satisfying, and it is all reasonable in price. I would definitely return if I am around again.

Reviewed 14 March 2018 via mobile

Another lunch time visit with friends. Despite a varied menu making choice difficult we all opted for the fish and chips. Friendly staff and good value. Another visit soon....

Reviewed 11 March 2018 via mobile

I was in a party of 8 who had a meal on Mother's Day. It was a beautiful meal. The food was gorgeous. The staff were very attentive and even with it being so busy, they met all our needs. We felt very comfortable and not rushed. The meals came out quite quickly with the perfect amount of time in between courses. One of our party was a child and they thoroughly enjoyed their meal. They were treated very well and they had all their needs met.

Reviewed 11 March 2018 via mobile

I have been coming here for about 10 years now and am yet to have a bad meal.

Staff are always accommodating and friendly; kids are welcomed without any fuss during the day also.

Menu is extensive so should be something for everyone.

Very nice food and ever disappointed !