“Great food and staff”
Review of La Cicala

La Cicala
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: La Cicala is an Italian restaurant located on the beachfront in Puerto de Mogán in the south of Gran Canaria.
Reviewed 18 September 2017

I had quite a few meals here and they were excellent. Fabulous choices on the menu from seafood to spaghetti Bolognese (fab) to homemade pizza. The service was first class and the Sangria was amazing. Great view of the beach, wifi etc. perfect, my favourite restaurant.

Reviewed 16 September 2017 via mobile

Pizzas very good. Waiter helpful and interactive. Didn't try anything else but had good Italian menu.

Kids menu €8-€9 which is quite expensive for area.

Reviewed 14 September 2017 via mobile

Many of our favourite restaurants being shut this week, (Olivia's, N'Enoteca, Que Tal, Cafe de Mogan, Carravagios, Mogs), we decided to risk one of the 'cheaper eats', high volume family friendly restaurants along the beach.

I confess to being a "fat bottomed girl" and found the wicker chairs too narrow for me and painful unless I sat on the edge. Thus perched, the sangria arrived - came recommended on trip advisor - and was gorgeous, with ripe fruit we could eat.

Order taken by waiter, and arrived but wrong starter for me, so I pointed this out and it was a considerable time before my correct starter arrived, by which time my partner had finished his. Made the meal disjointed and me anxious for the outcome of the main course.

The roast vegetable starter was just that, a selection of roasted vegetables cooked well, apart from a quite tough looking red onion chunkily cut. Not much refinement, no sauce, yogurt dip or mayonnaise accompaniment, so basically a side of veg rather than a complete dish in itself in my opinion.

However, the fillet steak was gorgeous, perfectly cooked medium rare, tender and with a delicious green pepper sauce, and crisp frites. My partners tomato and basil pizza was good but the basil flavour overwhelmed by that of what appeared to be fennel. Bit weird.

70 Euros worse off, we decided to pass on anything else. The restaurant was pretty quiet, as we were there before 7pm.

So, lacklustre service, but food really good in part. Bit of a gamble probably not worth taking when you want every night of your holiday to be special.

Reviewed 10 September 2017

Great place with friendly staff, wood burning oven so proper tasty pizza's. The menu has tapas, pasta, veal etc and is well priced.
This is right on the waterfront and is a great place to sit and watch everyone go by.

Reviewed 7 September 2017 via mobile

Had dinner here on many occasions throughout our stay.Very reasonable priced with great selection. Happy hour beers also great value.One of best on strip.