“Love this place”
Review of El Bohio

El Bohio
Ranked #15 of 144 Restaurants in Cabo Rojo
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 19 January 2018

Right by the ocean, you see fish swimming from the balcony. The food is fresh, the service it wonderful. My son dropped his dessert and one waiter came over with an amazing smile and kindly told my son to be careful not to step in the broken piece of the plate (He had on flip flops). He then got him another dessert on the house. The mai thais are amazing, conch salad is fantastic. Sorrullos, octopus, lobster in sauce and several other favorites. We go every time we visit the island which is often.

Reviewed 12 July 2017

El Bohio was one of the best restaurants in the Joyuda area. I am born and raised in Puerto Rico and I have visited El Bohio in many occasions prior to moving stateside. However, I took my wife ( who is also Puerto Rican) and my kids who are growing stateside ther during our vacation in Puerto Rico. The service was slow and the food taste was disappointing. All the food we ate lacked that great Puerto Rican seasoning we are used to. At the end of the dinner I had to walk up to the front to pay for the food. We all left very disappointed and will not go back

Reviewed 14 April 2017 via mobile

Every year we come for a visit. Every first night we have to eat at El Bohio because it is consistently perfect year after year! Wide range of local dishes that are always delicious. The mofongo de camerones is my favorite. The staff is always friendly and attentive. The view of Isla de Ratones at sunset is breathtaking and a must see. The prices are quite reasonable. Great place to eat.

1  Thank MEK I
Reviewed 19 March 2017

Excellent seafood restaurant. Very fresh food. The waiters treats you excellent and prices are in mid-range.

Reviewed 19 February 2017

would highly recommend the grouper. Lobster dish was rubbery, Nice environment, over the water patio, with big tarpon in the harbor, There was a big place over the water for private events. Had to call the staff whenever you wanted something, they never checked on you, but were nice & pleasant and helpful. kind of nice sometimes to not have wait staff interrupting all the time so it was fine.