All reviews golf break events manager leisure facilities golf courses are driving range great golf bit dated spa treatments swimming pool coach party great weekend wedding venue sunday lunch lovely food family room an overnight stay large room
Reviewed 12 April 2018 via mobile

Again after many visits the hotel is busy due to new contracts to accomodate Oil Rig and offshore workers unable to get transfers but the knock on is that after 30 mins I have given up trying to get served at the bar. The staff are generally kind and corteous however some new staff members are rude and it seems prioritise their friends over other customers. Generally rooms are clean and tidy and owners seem keen to modernise though it is clear that staffing is an issue. Complaints fall on deaf ears. Leaves a bitter taste after previously good service. So after another 10 mins of waiting and still no service I have just overheard the person beside me being told 'I am sorry can you come back later for your food order as the kitchen is too busy at the moment' new profitable contract for owner but not good for regular or visiting customers

Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 April 2018

Very poor for the money I actually felt like sleeping in the car at one point
( poor maintenance to the floor above )
Maybe the owner should try sleeping there before charging

One good thing was the food 10/10

Don't choose room 43 unless you have a hearing aid you can turn off
I'm not sure if the other rooms quieter but I would say unlikely maybe because I've had little sleep I'm a little better
This review is asking questions I can't answer about other rooms

Room Tip: Don't choose room 43 unless you have a hearing aid you can turn off I'm not sure if the other rooms quieter but I would say unlikely
Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank paxso17
Wensum Valley E, Front Office Manager at Wensum Valley Hotel Golf and Country Club, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2018

Dear Guest,

I am very sorry to hear that you did not have the stay you had hoped for during your recent visit to us.

Please be assured that your comments will be passed on to the relevant management.

I am pleased however that you enjoyed your food throughout your stay.

Reviewed 7 April 2018 via mobile

Even thought this hotel is quite close to town it’s in a very peaceful setting and the staff are very helpful, the food is very good,
The only downside to this hotel is there is no lift but it is only over 2 floors so not too bad

Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank danlevy1988
Wensum Valley E, Front Office Manager at Wensum Valley Hotel Golf and Country Club, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank-you for taking the time to leave us a review.
I am very pleased to hear that you had a peaceful stay with us, we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 6 April 2018

On the 31st of March through to the early hours 1st April this year The Spirit of Coltishall Association held a celebratory function to mark the 100 years of the Royal Air Force. The venue was superb, the Wensum Valley Hotel. We could not have chosen a better or more fitting place for this event. The food was fantastic, the staff went over and beyond to make sure everyone had a wonderful time, Many stayed, as we did, overnight and at breakfast the comments were all congratulatory. Good size rooms which were very well appointed. The whole atmosphere was warm and very friendly. Well done to all concerned at the Hotel.

Room Tip: You only have to ask and reception will help you choose the right room for you
Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends

Dear Guest,

Thank-you for such kind words regarding our establishment.
It was a pleasure to host your event and a great evening all round. I will pass on your comments to the relevant staff members. I hope we have the opportunity to hold many more successful events for the SOCA in the future.

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

Visited for a golf overnighter and would recommend this as a golf and hotel without any hesitation.
Golf on the Sunday was the valley course which although it's not over long the greens are not to be taken for granted. I'd imagine that in dry summer conditions would be a real challenge.
We were hoping to play the wensum course on the Monday but the heavens had opened big time overnight so was closed. Not to be accused of being fair weather golfers we put up the umbrellas and did the valley course again.
Shame to miss it as looked tight and a good challenge but will look to play it another time.
Accommodation was clean and comfortable and the dinner and breakfast was very good too.
Well worth a visit!

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends

Dear Guest,

I am so pleased to hear that you would happily recommend our Hotel to others.
Such a shame the weather wasn't on your side to enable you to play the Wensum, I hope we get the opportunity to welcome you back soon for you to attempt the challenge!

Thank-you for taking the time to leave us a review,