“Love Love Love this place”

Coffee & Thyme Gili Air
Ranked #1 of 5 Dessert in Gili Air
Price range: US$20,000 - US$75,000
Cuisines: International, Healthy, Bar
Description: Coffee & Thyme is about fresh coffee and homemade goods such as vegan cakes! Swing by any time for a good time.
Reviewed 18 May 2018

OK, it is not the cheapest coffee on the island, but it is real coffee made by real baristas who know what they are doing. Staff always friendly and remember your order from previous visits. Great location to watch the coming and goings of Gili Air. Food was good had breakfast many mornings ( coffee and cake) ;) love this place the drinks and the people, makes you want to go back to Gili Air just to experience this place. Free WIFI. Will return.

Marnahdi, Management at Coffee & Thyme Gili Air, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2018

Dear glf665, thank you for your visit and review.. We are happy to hear you like our dish and had a good time with us.. Look forward to see you again, anytime !

Reviewed 16 May 2018 via mobile

Such good coffee here - so good we came back a second time, when we ended up enjoying two coffees each! Also really enjoyed our sandwich here. The carrot cake and chocolate brownie were also lovely. I note some comments about service below, we had no issue with service, found them to be quick, attentive and nicely chatty. I’ll probably be back here for another coffee before I leave!

Dear Rhianwen M, thank you for your visit and review.. We are happy to hear you like our dish and had a good time with us.. Look forward to see you again, anytime !

Reviewed 12 May 2018 via mobile

This was the best espresso coffee I had on the island, it was excellent!
Had breakfast here before getting the boat back to Bali. The fruit and yogurt was delicious and just the right size

Dear EmLowe786, thank you for your visit and review.. We are happy to hear you like our coffee so much.. Look forward to see you again, anytime !

Reviewed 9 May 2018 via mobile

Stopped by foe cake after admiring the pastry case on a few strolls by. We were not disappointed :) the cakes are by far the best vegan cake I have ever had, I would say you can’t tell they are vegan, they are moist and delicious and very fresh. I had an iced thyme latte and my husband had a French press coffee, both excellent! The staff were all very busy and all the tables in the front and rear were full as the ferry was due to arrive and people were spending time there waiting for it, but they did their best to keep up with the crowds. I would recommend, a little pricey, but worth a splurge for a treat.

Dear searchingforsangha, thank you for your visit and review.. We are happy to hear you like our cakes so much and also the coffee.. Look forward to see you again, anytime !

Reviewed 8 May 2018 via mobile

Popped by for lunch after seeing good things about this place on TripAdvisor. They have around 6 tables in their main 'cafe' and I noticed a bar area in the complex too. Menu is more western and on the pricier end, however we hoped it would be worth it.

I ordered a black coffee with my meal, however it did not materialise even after we'd received food, eaten, then ordered cake, and eaten that too! We are never a couple who ask about forgetting orders or moan etc, however we ended up asking 8 times about my coffee, each time to be told "oh yeah wait a sec", for it to be instantly forgotten about again. Whilst waiting, we also overheard tables around us asking about forgotten orders, and the staff would always come back with the same excuse - "sorry we are very very busy, lots of orders"... Fair enough at peak time (when we arrived) their 6 tables were all taken. However this is still no excuse for continuously forgotten orders - they had plenty of floor staff, and if they can't run their cafe when there are more than one set of orders, then maybe they shouldn't be running a cafe at all. At times I felt hopeless asking for yet another time, but I wanted to have a good experience here. Even when my drink finally arrived, there was no sincere apology on the poor service.

Cakes were tasty, my boyfriend enjoyed his wrap and wedges, however we will not be returning because I'm not keen on waiting an hour and reminding staff numerous times for a coffee again.

Try your luck at smaller, family run cafes and restaurants off the main strip - they are far better value for money with excellent food and lovely service.

Dear Emma P, thank you for your visit and feedback.. We are really sorry you had an unpleasant experience that waiting order too long when a peak time, for sure will look after that and try best for better way .. Look forward to see you again, anytime !