All reviews scallywags beach club mango room hotel free boat ride offer free bikes superb room outdoor bathroom stocked mini bar gili t rare commodity sister hotel min walk local village egg station private garden clean rooms tea and coffee
Reviewed 5 May 2017 via mobile

I have absolutely nothing bad to say about the Scallwags Mango Retreat.

1) The price was very good value.

2) The facilities were clean and exceptionally well maintained. Our room was thoroughly cleaned every day.

3) The staff were very pleasant and interactive radiating positive vibes. They all always took the time to ask how we were, providing advice and going the extra mile.

4) The location was perfect and the breakfast at scallywags beach club was top notch.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 April 2017

Seldom do you find this quality for this price, very comfortable indeed, we moved up here from Scallywags Smugglers Hideaway, that was great as well, no problem they moved all our bags for us. Pool right outside our door, free push bikes for us and the breakfast was the best we have had in ages.

Again can fault for service, price and comfort, top place, good value, excellent!

All in all a great place and highly recommended and I must mention Hendrawan, for his great chats and his very positive outlook, we looked forward to seeing him in the morning.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
ScallywagsManagement, Public Relations Manager at Scallywags Mango Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2017

Hi there
Thanks so much for your great review. We are very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and we will pass on your feedback to Hendrawan.
We would love to welcome you back on your next visit to Gili Air

Thanks and regards

Reviewed 6 April 2017

I found this on Airbnb and it is an absolute gem of a place. It's part of the Scallywags Resorts (Mango Retreat, Smugglers, and Beachclub on Gili Air and I believe they have a place on Gili T). Our room was so private - each room is behind a private gate/wall with it's own little courtyard garden and big doors open into the room, with an outside/inside bathroom attached. These sit within a courtyard which has a small shared private pool and seating area, there are only 6 or so rooms so if feels very secluded and private. It's also very secure. The bed was huge and very comfortable as were the pillows, it's so quiet and peaceful, I could have stayed there another week! . There is an amazingly stocked mini bar in the fridge, complimentary tea and coffee facilities, and nice toiletries. Shower was good (ran cold one day only for no apparent reason) Breakfast is at the Beach Club, 5 -10 minute walk and we had complimentary bikes for 3 days which made it even quicker. The most amazing thing though beyond all this was their staff, so lovely and kind, they are such an asset to this business and everything ran like clockwork. We had to change rooms at one point and everyone knew what was happening, when, bags were moved, it was like 5 star treatment, ditto at check in and check out. Please can I give a special thank you to Hendrawan on reception whose beautiful smile and generous spirit I will never forget.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
ScallywagsManagement, Guest Relations Manager at Scallywags Mango Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2017

Hi there,
Thanks so much for your kind words and fabulous review. We are always happy to hear about guests enjoyable experiences. We have passed on your feedback to our staff and in particular to Hendrawan, our staff love to hear they have played a part in making a guests stay super enjoyable.
We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to the Gili Islands.

regards

Reviewed 5 April 2017 via mobile

Really not as good as the reviews say it is...

Yeah it looks like the pictures but, it's quite old and it shows. Make sure you enjoy wildlife if you stay here, many many insects and expect to be bitten by Mosquitos while you're taking a dump as the bathroom is outside..

Got some free bikes but had to go and get them from the sister hotel and had many excuses from different staff about why they didn't have any here..

You have to cycle to the beach club for breakfast which is inconvenient but fine... Selection was good, quality of food was good but hygiene and temperature was terrible, every plate had stains on it, almost everything was cold... The mushrooms were so cold I thought they had been in the fridge.. Scrambled egg to order arrived 50% uncooked... Sort it out restaurant...

Free sun bed and welcome drink a nice touch..

But the biggest problem for me was I saw over 10 reviews about how comfy the beds were (I like a comfy bed).... Well... Did I stay in a different hotel? They are terrible... I've been away for a month in Thailand, Malaysia and Indonesia and stayed in over 10 hotels and these beds were the worst I've had so far...

When I was booking it was between here and the brand new hotel ombak paradise... I went with this one because if the amazing reviews but after having a walk around the new one I've regretted my decision the entire time I was here...

I'm sure this hotel is fine for many people but it wasn't for me...

Stayed: April 2017

Hi there,
Thanks for taking the time to write your review. We are sad to hear you didn't enjoy your experience with us. As you mentioned, many of our guests do enjoy the outdoor bathroom and our complimentary breakfast, so we are disappointed Mango retreat wasn't for you.
We do appreciate your feedback and will definitely take it all on board.

Regards

Reviewed 20 March 2017 via mobile

Private, quiet, calm, secure. Such a good nights sleep. Gorgeous rooms. Free bike and only 2 min ride to the beach. The Scallywags Beachbar was the best food I had in Indonesia. Thank you guys! I'll see you again soon

Stayed: March 2017, travelled solo

Hi Jazzy,
We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and definitely look forward to welcoming you again on your next visit to Gili Air.

Regards