“Worst food in Indonesia”

The Rinjani Restaurant, Bar and Grill
Ranked #84 of 107 Restaurants in Gili Air
Price range: US$1 - US$17
Description: The Rinjani Restaurant , bar and grilled are part of Villa Karang Hotel and Spa, front of beach with daily served BBQ , bar and local cuisine
Reviewed 6 January 2018 via mobile

Not even the full-flea cat around us would eat the food, if that summarizes it.
The color, taste, texture of the tuna was nothing like tuna - save it was bloody cold; beef and chicken sate were dry and close to tasteless; it appears theres a time when the dinner is good, one when it isn’t: we arrived at 22:00 and the buffet food was cold (the soup!!) and scarce.
So if you happen to be about to starve and the only food available in the world is the one here, just starve.

Date of visit: January 2018
Villakaranggiliair, Manajer Umum at The Rinjani Restaurant, Bar and Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2018

Dear Alvaro G,

Greeting from Villa Karang Hotel and Spa

Thank you very much for your for your time to share your experience during with us, please accept our deepest apologize regarding tested of soup , will be investigated and highlight to give more satisfy our customer, if you don't mind I would like to invite you both to get Free Dinner 1 times with us, will be guarantee this not happen with you again, please let us know at reservation@villakarang.com or contact us +628170904440

your kind attention towards us are highlight appreciated

regard's

Reviewed 22 December 2017 via mobile

Have never in my life left a meal nearly untouched before this place.
Don't know if there buffet is good, I can imagine you would avoid what I experienced, here it comes.
Me and my girlfriend was caught by their location by the water and the delicious looking menu card. Then we choose to order Bucher for starter and 2 different scoops one with spicy seafood and one pumpkin soop. Additionally a ice coffee and a sprite. I specified that I wanted the buchetta before the soop and asked if he did understand. I also asked him if the soop was with rice and if not, if it would be possible to order on the side, which he replied it was included. 15min. Later another waiter comes to our table and inform us that rice is not included and we have to pay for it,I say no problem i pay, I still want the rice. And ask him about the sprite and ice coffee we ordered in the first place, which he reply he will make, and 20min after the order is received we get the drinks. 30min after we get the food all at one's, the buchetta was cold the bread was not toasted, beside that it was fine. The soop on the opposite was horrible my Thai seafood soop tasted like it had been served more than ones, I was afraid to get sick if I ate it. And I been too the military and have eaten can food cat food included which was safer and more tasty option than this. To the pumpkin soop defenceman it was just tasteless and weird in its texture like it was reheated, the rice came on a plate the where warm on the inside and hard on the outside like they where reheated in the oven. The ice coffee and sprite was delicious. We paid the 210000 RP and left our unfinished plates, didnt even want to go through the effort of explaining to them how they ducked it all up.
Soon my advice is really, don't order anything from the menu, go buffet if u really wanna go here.
I have been traveling for around 1 year, tried almost every lokal dish I had encountered including some really different things and locations, and never ever tried this before, writing this from my girlfriends trip advisor, so u can't really see my other reviews, but this is my first and hopefully last awful experience dining.

Date of visit: December 2017
Villakaranggiliair, General Manager at The Rinjani Restaurant, Bar and Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 28 December 2017

Greeting from Villa Karang Hotel and Spa

your time to share your experience during with us are really appreciated , regarding your feedback about tested and misunderstanding with our staff are our highlight to investigate with our team as our main concern go give more satisfy our customer.

with this occasion I would express to sincerely deepest apologize this is happen to you, are will be guarantee not happen again with our clients.

Reviewed 18 December 2017 via mobile

We ate at the buffet. Had many choises salad, soop, fruit and main courses. The food was cheap and good! Good value for your money. The staff is helpfull and filled the treys for more food as they finnished.

Date of visit: December 2017
Villakaranggiliair, General Manager at The Rinjani Restaurant, Bar and Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 19 December 2017

Greeting from The Rinjani Restaurant, Bar and Grilled

Nice conversation with you and thank you very much for your time to share your experience during with us, glad to hear that you happy with our service as our concern to give satisfy our customer, we do hope you will back again.

regards

Reviewed 6 October 2017

Found the food here delicious went back the next night to try something else and was not disappointed, really good service friendly staff and in the evening luvly sea breeze & what a heavenly view looking out to Lombok - really good prices too.

Date of visit: September 2017
Villakaranggiliair, General Manager at The Rinjani Restaurant, Bar and Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 15 December 2017

Dear Jebb,

Greeting from Villa Karang Hotel and Spa

Thank you for your time to share your experience during with us, thank you very much has been repeat coming, and glad also that you happy with our service and staff, as our a main concern to give more satisfy our customer, we waiting you here again

kind regard's

Reviewed 15 September 2017 via mobile

Great location on the coastline. We tried a variety of dishes, personal favourite was the balinese chicken. Have to say the more western dishes were not so good.

Date of visit: July 2017
Villakaranggiliair, Manager at The Rinjani Restaurant, Bar and Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 29 September 2017

Greeting from The Rinjani Restaurant Grilled and Bar

Thank you very much for your positive feedback towards us, it's meaning a lot for us to give more satisfy our customer, hopefully you will be back again.

enjoy your holidays