All reviews serviced regularly gili t would stay here again night market food market main street welcome drink pool side few minutes walk a great stay breakfast was included during ramadan short stay clean rooms bed was comfortable snorkeling trip enjoyed my stay
Reviewed 2 October 2018 via mobile

The staff are really friendly. We got a welcome drink which was nice. They facilitated us with early check in. The pool is lovely and can be used 24/7. I know its all a boutique style but i feel the loungers could be updated.
Breakfast was gorgeous, you choose one thing from the menu.
Our room was perfect, exactly what you need for a few night break. The hotel is perfect location, in the centre of everything!

Date of stay: October 2017
Reviewed 12 August 2018

This hotel was just ok. The standard of the room was good, but noise is an issue, as the rooms are all located around the pool and it is the area everyone passes through when coming home from a night out drinking.

The breakfast was very poor. They seemed to struggle with the clarity of any request for a slight change to the menu (i.e. something along the lines of, could a certain ingredient be left off, or an extra ingredient added). Service was also VERY slow.

Don't think I would stay again, but it would do in a pinch.

Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 July 2018 via mobile

After a lengthy trip on a fast boat from Bali, we booked the hotel after looking at the pictures online. We were so tired that we went straight to sleep. Upon waking up and trying to use the bathroom, we were disgusting to find flies and what looked like urine stains all over the shower.

We had booked for 4 nights but I went straight to the hotel to cancel and just pay for the one night we had stayed. After showing the man at reception the bathroom, he still tried to charge me £70 (1.35M IDR) for the stay, which I would simply not pay as this is a ridiculous rate for a hotel in Gili, never mind one with such poor hygiene.

When I offered to pay half (£35 for a room that was filthy was still too much in my eyes), the man threatened to report us to immigration and told us it wasn’t his problem. When I paid, he put his phone right in my face to take a picture of me and told me I was a bad tourist.

Please take your business elsewhere, Vila Ombak is the same price and much much nicer.

Date of stay: July 2018
Reviewed 4 July 2018 via mobile

Stayed for four days and everything was great clean room breakfast was good - except no avocado our whole stay. Pool is clean and cool - great location one street back from ocean front businesses and walk to sunset beach

Date of stay: July 2018
Danil J, Owner at Gili Amor Boutique Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2018

Dear Deborah B,

Greetings from Gili Amor Boutique Resort

Thank you for your positive comments and I am pleased that you had a good stay overall. I am very sorry to hear that several things throughout your stay did not meet your expectations. however, indeed in the last few months we have difficulty to get avocados, all our suppliers have difficulties in getting avocados and this is not only happening to us but most hotels in Gili Trawangan.

Therefore we apologize to you and hopefully in the future you can stay back at our hotel

Regards,

Reviewed 14 June 2018 via mobile

We stayed here for 4 nights (which we regret booking off the bat!)
The manager made us feel untrustworthy when we asked if we could pay via cash and use the ATM on the front street (rather than pay with card and incur 2.5% charge) and was generally not very welcoming until after we had paid.
When we finally got into our rooms, the bathroom, specifically the toilet smelled. Although when we complained this was resolved quickly. However it just didn’t put us in a great mood about the Gilis
The A/C in the rooms were loud and useless. Even at full in the nights we were sweating. The water provided is in a big glass container, and is refilled... which cuts down on rubbish but isn’t portable enough for us.
Service at breakfast is incredibly slow and we were forgotten about on multiple occasions. One morning waiting 50 minutes, with just a “sorry”, an extra drink would have been nice seen as though you’re only allowed 2 at breakfast.
The only saving grace is the location which is fab. Away from the loud, Main Street but close enough to walk. Difficulty sleeping occurred when all we heard was a loud man singing (although this is out of the hotels hands)

Date of stay: June 2018