3 people are viewing this hotel
eDreamsUS$93
ZenHotels.comUS$135
Prestigia.com
2,255 results
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 13 January 2020

We had a very pleasant stay here over the NY. The facilities were great and the NYE gala dinner party was incredible. The service & entertainment was first class. The staff made our stay effortless and was always a local friendly face around to help out with any requests to ensure we enjoyed our time with Villa Ombak. Upon checking out and leaving Gilli for home. We realised we had left an item in the room. The staff were very cooperative and efficient in assisting us to have this item shipped back to AUSTRALIA. Definitely recommend this place.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank gavbeau2017
vilaombak, Executive Assistant Manager at Hotel Vila Ombak, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2020

Dear Gavbeau2017

Sunny greeting from Hotel Vila Ombak

It is an honor for us to know that you had a wonderful stay and that you enjoyed every moment of it. We greatly appreciate that you have trusted us to host your holiday stay and cater to your needs. Aside from that, we are also delighted to know that you impressed with the room, New Year’s Eve Gala Dinner, the Concierge service we are offering.

We thank you for your review on Trip Advisor for it is the kind words and compliments from guest like you that continue to motivate us to serve each and every one of our guests to their satisfaction. We hope to welcome you back to this beautiful island for yet another spectacular experience with Hotel Vila Ombak.

With my best regards,

Reviewed 5 January 2020

I travelled around Bali and the surrounding islands in June 2019. This was my favourite place from all places I stayed at. The rooms are very interestingly designed with a rainfall shower and very spacious bathroom. The bathroom had a permanent opening to the outside but when I was there, we didn't have a mosquito issue. I can see how that might be a problem during other times though. I also liked the beach chairs we had outside of our room entrance (2nd floor). It made the entire space we had seem even larger.

The breakfast buffet could be a little bit bigger with more variety, but it was sufficient. You can find cold and warm dishes with some Western and some Indonesian options.

The pools are nice as well. There is a hidden one in the back and one in the front with a waterfall and a bridge connecting the main building to the bungalow area. Both pools have a bar - try the fresh coconut!

To get around the island, you can rent a bike from the hotel for 50,000 IDR. The hotel is very close to the night market and other bars and restaurants, but far enough away so you're not disturbed by party folks ;-)

I also booked the snorkelling activity, which I recommend. They take you to the statues, turtle point and gili air. We saw a few turtles and the guides make sure you get to see at least one before the group leaves. They also constantly check on you to make sure you are ok - this is actually something worth mentioning as the current at the statues was really strong and tired a few people. Snorkelling equipment and towels were provided by the staff.

Another excellent service is the spa. This was my favourite spa that I visited in Bali. The prices are cheap for Europeans although more expensive than the street shops (which I tried once. It was a sketchy experience and I would neither recommend nor repeat that.) I tried the Balinese massage and the Ayurvedic massage at the hotel spa and both were amazing. The spa is also open until 11pm so you can easily go for a massage after dinner.

Room tip: I highly recommend the top level rooms
Date of stay: June 2019
vilaombak, Executive Assistant Manager at Hotel Vila Ombak, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2020

Dear BookphilicScientist,

Reviewed 28 December 2019

Hotel Vila Ombak was the one of the best resorts I have ever stayed in. It is affordable and the amenities are excellent. The new pool is perfect for the island and an amazing location. 10/10 5 stars. Will definitely be returning very soon. Hotel staff are lovely and are happy to help at all hours.

Room tip: All the rooms are great. You wouldn't want to stay in your room at this amazing resort on this incredible island.

Dear AngusBurns

Warm greeting from Hotel Vila Ombak

Thank you for sharing a very stunning review and it’s an honor to read the review tittle.

We are so glad that you enjoyed your recent stay, from the room, amenities and facilities and most importantly the signature service we are providing.

Thank you once again for inspiring other travelers on Trip Advisor and I definitely look forward to welcome you back in the not so distance future.

With my best regards,

Reviewed 27 December 2019 via mobile

We stayed at Vila Ombak for a mix of work and company vacation this month. I found a 5 stars meeting concept that not every hotel has it. Have you ever imagined doing a serious but fun meeting on a beutiful island resort? This hotel will definitely assist you. Banquet, facilities, meeting room were fantastic like in a big city.
Being tired of the meeting, we extended the company and family gathering in an extremely fun year end holiday. We had our buffet dinner by the beach, fantastic! A seconds delay of our food preparation but we did not really bother, as we understood it was even an upgrade venue from regular dinner, thanks for that. Chef Dana and Restaurant Manager Fathul took over the problem quickly.
The rooms were also awesome, they even upgraded for free half of our group rooms, allocating families like me into spacious family suites. A very nice effort in adding guest's satisfaction when it was necessary to do.
I could see their management and team member tried to be around to check things with the guests.
Arya, Adam, Dewa, Rustam, Chef Arifin, Jaufi, Dimas were helpful.
Turmuzi and Dedi of the bar, Suwirta at the reception, Marto at the rooms, I know they did the best without wanting to be seen.
I would mention some more staff names, but you will be tired reading them, cause they were all fantastic.
Do you want to have a workation? Come to Hotel Vila Ombak.
Do you want to only experience the vacation? Come to nowhere else but Vila Ombak.
Highly recommended!

Trip type: Travelled with friends

Dear junharyasa04

Sunny Greetings from Hotel Vila Ombak..

Thank you very much for your generous compliments and for taking the time to share your holiday experience. We are much honored to have received such a positive review and it has been a pleasure to have you as our guest. Your comment will be shared to the team and we hope that we will have the pleasure to welcome you back to Hotel Vila Ombak, Gili Trawangan in the not too distant future again.

Reviewed 18 December 2019

My husband and I came here while were on our honeymoon and we thoroughly enjoyed staying here.
The staff are very helpful and accommodating, the rooms are nice and big with air conditioning and they even gave us a chocolate cake to congratulate us on getting married. We enjoyed the buffet breakfast in the morning which had a good selection of different food and even crapes'! - yum.
The pool is lovely and refreshing, the swim up bar is a nice touch and has happy our every day at good rates.

We will definitely be back here one day, but will highly recommend this hotel to friends and family in the meantime.

Room tip: Deluxe Ombak Room was nice and quiet at all times of the night and day.
Date of stay: December 2019
vilaombak, Executive Assistant Manager at Hotel Vila Ombak, responded to this reviewResponded 20 December 2019

Dear Chantallegink,