All reviews bedroomed apartment charlie's bar sea view takeaway service next year well equipped kitchen the glass bottomed boat young lady on reception wi fi was free lovely bakery clean and tidy rooms small shop on site apartments overlook room card broken sunbeds mar vent air con
Reviewed 20 October 2017

These apartments are in a fantastic location, right on the beach, every room has an amazing view, the patio is well equipped so you can sit for hours just gazing into the ocean view, however the apartments themselves are only 2 star and you will always get what you pay for, it's cheap and cheerful, the beds are very un comfortable, the kitchen area very small, small bathroom and basic kitchen untensils, the cleaner comes in 3 times a week to change towels and once to change sheets, the A/C is at an extra charge and a deposit needed for the to remote, in our 2 bed apartment the freezer was broken, the microwave and the towel dryer on the patio, even though reception was lovely and said they would sort our problems, they did not, as the hotel is closing tomorrow for winter, so why bother. Some staff in the bar / restaurant were happy and helpful, others were not, food was good, but sometimes cold, bakery was brilliant, fantastic hot and cold sandwiches to take away or eat in, prices were reasonable. We spent a week here and for the price it was ok but the location amazing, well worth the visit. Pool was small but as it was October I found it less busy, in high season it would be to crowded. Beach lovely but if you had to pay the prices for beds and umbrellas every day it would be costly, so all in all, not a bad week, it was cheap and last minute, weather was brilliant so that was a bonus. Charlie's bar next to the restaurant put some entertainment on every night, some good, some bad and some just plain awful but it was a bit of fun and we enjoyed it.

Room Tip: All rooms have a sea view
Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank BirminghamChrissy
Reviewed 20 October 2017 via mobile

I read the reviews here before I booked. I shouldn’t have bothered, it never ceases to amaze me how low some peoples standards are! I didn’t expect luxury or an authentic Spanish environment at the bargain late deal price we paid I knew it would be a British holiday makers abroad type of resort, but I also assumed there would be some choice to ignore that! Well not if you stay at these apartments. The two bedroom one is spacious enough for a family of 4 if you and your partner are quite happy to sleep in a very small non standard sized double bed so hard you would have thought it was constructed of breeze blocks! Waking up in absolute agony from body pain tossing and turning on a rock hard platform is no way to spend a “holiday”. My husband decided to sleep on a sofa bed in the lounge as this is marketed as sleeps six. We also did not bring our eldest son 18 at the last minute because he was too busy with college work but he too would have had to attempt “sleep” in the lounge which simply isn’t poss with the bar noise. Down below the apartments is Charlie’s bar. At around 8-9 pm every night the “entertainment” begins. This is very badly sung covers of music from Adele to country and western and on some nights karaoke. This is so incredible loud that 2 floors up even with both balcony and all windows shut in your bedroom and for me with ear plugs in the noise is still loud. You can forget hanging out with your other half in the lounge area while the kids sleep because its too noisy to talk, and as for sitting on the balcony enjoying the evening forget it completely, you may as well be sitting next to the speaker of the dreadful noise coming from the bar because you won’t hear anything else. Its an absolute disgrace, you have no choice about what to do with your evening at the apartments, you listen to that noise whatever you do until it ends at 12am/1am depending on the mood. If like us you have young kids who need to be in bed way before that you just have to deal with it every single night! The Marvent restaurant below has glowing reviews about the quality of food especially compared to other local restaurants, which says a lot about about them!! If you are the sort of person lacking in any cultural curiosity and you don’t enjoy genuinely good food then I am sure the Marvents very British menu of burgers, hotdogs, pizza, and the odd curry will suit you fine, if you don’t mind the exceptionally slow and rude service and are happy to pay 60-80 euros every day for a family of 4 just for one meal!! We however have more interest in eating local food wherever we are in the world, we don’t eat that kind of junk at home so we certainly don’t want to see it as the dominant staple on every single restaurant menu in the local area. We were looking for authentic Spanish seafood and tapas restaurants. We found Bisamar down the beach but because its October it was shut in the evenings. The lovely helpful receptionist recommended us a place to eat on the far edge of town specialising in seafood, but it too is shut in the evenings, so you are pretty much stuck in the hot version of Blackpool if you hang around Es Canar only. Which is a shame because it is so incredibly scenic, all be it with a lot of jelly fish in the sea which stung my daughter in her first few seconds in the water leaving angry red welts across her arm. Make sure you have a bottle of vinegar to pour on the sting! Going back to the noise once you finally get to sleep after the insanely loud bar music ends and those returning to the apartments finally stop banging the heavy wooden doors and scraping heavy wooden furniture around the apartments (gone 1.30am last night) the noise of banging doors and furniture starts again at first light, around 7.30am, its so loud my youngest woke up at 7.30am and started crying saying she was sick of the noise and wanted some sleep. This is 3 star accommodation I didn’t expect luxury and we got a cheap late season deal which I am told is 75% less than peak season. If I had paid that I would be devastated. Its literally impossible to get any proper rest. I have had so little sleep since here I feel really ill now and my kids can’t stop yawning and crying they are so exhausted its an absolute disgrace, a holiday is meant to be for rest and relaxation. It would be very easy for the management to insist on a much earlier curfew to the hideously loud bar music, put rubber stoppers on bottoms of doors and furniture to reduce noise inside and replace the breeze blocks with decent mattresses fit for humans!! This is low season and so the very tiny swimming pool doesn’t feel to busy with only a handful of families there, but in high season I can’t imagine it being suitable at all, there are only about 20 sun beds and most are full in the middle of the say even now! Thankfully we hired a car so we have been able to explore the island and find decent fish restaurants out of town. It was cheaper to hire a small car for a week from the airport than for a family of 4 to have one ride on the tourist train! Its well worth it, the port of san miguel is gorgeous little cove with an amazing seafood restaurant and caves to explore. Es Cane is lovely to look at but it really has absolutely no authentic culture whatsoever!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
4  Thank Msihavelimits
Reviewed 12 October 2017

What can I say fantastic holiday apartments are lovely everything you need we had a 2 bedroom for just 2 of us friends so a bedroom each loads of space small kitchen but why cook when you have the excellent marvent restaurant just downstairs fantastic views can't find any faults and I have never gone back to the same hotel twice but I've just booked for next year

Room Tip: All apartments have the wonderful sea view
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 September 2017

I travelled early September for the first time ever on my own. A cheap and reasonable deal came up and I really needed an escape to the sun and to an have extra holiday, so I thought why not. It was still cheaper than travelling as a couple to some places. The reception is not manned 24/7, so it was a shock to arrive to nobody there at 5am in the morning, but I found the key alright and let myself in.

I suited myself and read a book on the beach most the holiday. I never felt unsafe on my own, although the place is obviously designed for families/groups. I'd love return with my mum or friends, but I hear that the prices have gone up now that it has changed to Jet2. A shame because the apartments are lovely due to location, but very basic. The bed in particular was rock hard. I am not sure that I'd be prepared to pay a large amount more for an apartment. I was lucky to get an affordable deal, perhaps the time of year with kids returning to school.

The staff are very friendly and helpful, but I did not interact with them that much. The restaurant was nice and fairly priced. Given expense of solo travelling, I ate in often. I met some people and we went to Charlies bar (attached to apartments). Charlies had some good tribute acts. Charlies made the atmosphere pleasant, but after midnight I wish that Charlies had quietened down a bit more. It was not excessively loud, but I could hear a slight music beat in my room sometimes.

The pool was small but clean. I didn't use it much because relaxing on the beach was my goal. It was often empty and you could almost get your own informal 'slot'. I am not sure that the pool would have been great with lots of kids around in school holidays though (unless you are travelling with kids!)

There is no nearby Lidl or large supermarket. The prices are not excessive in the smaller ones but with the poor exchange rate, food shopping could have been cheaper. That was a draw back. I went to Mallorca (Alcudia) with my mum a couple of months ago, we were able to stock our food supplies up a bit more affordably in the local lidl. That said I liked the lack of 'commercialisation' and small resort feel to Es Cana.

The views from the apartment and small resort feel made the holiday a must. I agree with an another reviewer that the maid service could have been better. My apartment was not cleaned that much. No evidence of a sweep of the floors or surface clean in the bathroom. One day the bins were not emptied. You had not make it very 'obvious' that you wanted the towels cleaned.

5/5 out for views, general cleanliness, pleasant staff and location. Will return to Es Cana.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank Liz12341
Reviewed 16 September 2017 via mobile

Apartments are basic but ok. Location is great but Es Canar is very small and so you are very limited.
Pool is also tiny but there are usually sun beds available.
Biggest downside was cockroaches in our room and Rep and hotel staff really were not bothered.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lfoyen
Patricia L, Director General at Apartments Es Cane, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2017

good morning , very sorry that you find cockroaches in your balcony as we told you after the rain sometimes they appear occasionally after the bad weather , anyway we immediately phone the company that do this service for us , and they are coming tomorrow at 10.pm therefore we bothered like every time some one pass to us any complain.Thankyou very much I hope you enjoy the rest of your holidays with us.