All reviews bedroomed apartment charlie's bar sea view takeaway service next year well equipped kitchen the glass bottomed boat young lady on reception wi fi was free lovely bakery clean and tidy rooms small shop on site apartments overlook room card broken sunbeds mar vent air con
Reviewed 12 October 2017

What can I say fantastic holiday apartments are lovely everything you need we had a 2 bedroom for just 2 of us friends so a bedroom each loads of space small kitchen but why cook when you have the excellent marvent restaurant just downstairs fantastic views can't find any faults and I have never gone back to the same hotel twice but I've just booked for next year

Room Tip: All apartments have the wonderful sea view
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 September 2017

I travelled early September for the first time ever on my own. A cheap and reasonable deal came up and I really needed an escape to the sun and to an have extra holiday, so I thought why not. It was still cheaper than travelling as a couple to some places. The reception is not manned 24/7, so it was a shock to arrive to nobody there at 5am in the morning, but I found the key alright and let myself in.

I suited myself and read a book on the beach most the holiday. I never felt unsafe on my own, although the place is obviously designed for families/groups. I'd love return with my mum or friends, but I hear that the prices have gone up now that it has changed to Jet2. A shame because the apartments are lovely due to location, but very basic. The bed in particular was rock hard. I am not sure that I'd be prepared to pay a large amount more for an apartment. I was lucky to get an affordable deal, perhaps the time of year with kids returning to school.

The staff are very friendly and helpful, but I did not interact with them that much. The restaurant was nice and fairly priced. Given expense of solo travelling, I ate in often. I met some people and we went to Charlies bar (attached to apartments). Charlies had some good tribute acts. Charlies made the atmosphere pleasant, but after midnight I wish that Charlies had quietened down a bit more. It was not excessively loud, but I could hear a slight music beat in my room sometimes.

The pool was small but clean. I didn't use it much because relaxing on the beach was my goal. It was often empty and you could almost get your own informal 'slot'. I am not sure that the pool would have been great with lots of kids around in school holidays though (unless you are travelling with kids!)

There is no nearby Lidl or large supermarket. The prices are not excessive in the smaller ones but with the poor exchange rate, food shopping could have been cheaper. That was a draw back. I went to Mallorca (Alcudia) with my mum a couple of months ago, we were able to stock our food supplies up a bit more affordably in the local lidl. That said I liked the lack of 'commercialisation' and small resort feel to Es Cana.

The views from the apartment and small resort feel made the holiday a must. I agree with an another reviewer that the maid service could have been better. My apartment was not cleaned that much. No evidence of a sweep of the floors or surface clean in the bathroom. One day the bins were not emptied. You had not make it very 'obvious' that you wanted the towels cleaned.

5/5 out for views, general cleanliness, pleasant staff and location. Will return to Es Cana.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank Liz12341
Reviewed 16 September 2017 via mobile

Apartments are basic but ok. Location is great but Es Canar is very small and so you are very limited.
Pool is also tiny but there are usually sun beds available.
Biggest downside was cockroaches in our room and Rep and hotel staff really were not bothered.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lfoyen
Patricia L, Director General at Apartments Es Cane, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2017

good morning , very sorry that you find cockroaches in your balcony as we told you after the rain sometimes they appear occasionally after the bad weather , anyway we immediately phone the company that do this service for us , and they are coming tomorrow at 10.pm therefore we bothered like every time some one pass to us any complain.Thankyou very much I hope you enjoy the rest of your holidays with us.

Reviewed 13 September 2017

Stayed here with family in August 2017 . You get dropped of by coach and find your own way to the complex which is vert straight forward. The staff are very friendly and helpful the view from your room is superb. This alone was worth the journey. The pool is small and somewhat murky as I think it needs more regular cleaning as i only saw this done on a few occasions. but otherwise it is great perfectly situated in the quite part of Ibiza with a bus trip 40 minutes to ibiza town. some amazing beaches close by I would recommend the mini train journey as the best way to discover these. The rooms are dated but very functional .We enjoyed our stay here it was super.

Room Tip: all have great sea views
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank ribman7
Reviewed 4 September 2017 via mobile

Having already got a holiday booked in early August elsewhere we booked these apartments as an extra trip in late August as saw deal and also recommended highly to us at the same time. We got an excellent 30% off deal for a single remaining 1 bed apt. We have stayed in Es Cana resort before but were not keen on our accommodation but remember seeing these apartments.

We stayed for 1 week with our 6 and 3 year old. We really couldn't fault the apartments in general. They are spacious and clean with plenty of storage so no cramming all the clothes into a postage stamp wardrobe! Kitchen is well equipped with rings and microwave, large fridge with freezer box and utensils. There is a proper hairdryer in the bathroom. We were on the first floor and the view was stunning and the balcony was large with comfy seating. Right opposite is the little harbour, full sea view in every direction and right on the beach access. The pool was directly accessible from the first floor so again perfect for back and to ing with our little folk for all those things they forget and loo breaks. We ended up often just hopping back and to between room and pool and room and beach in swimwear alone as both were just that close.

Pool area was clean it has artificial grass so not slippy and no pesky ants as you often find. The pool is small but for the swimming ability of our kids ideal. We hit a lucky week and early morning often had it to ourselves until lunch time. It was big enough to accommodate the playing of numerous youngsters varying in age. There are about 30 chairs combo of deckchairs and sun-beds with cushioned sun-beds. Amazingly no major reserving there were generally a few free for latecomers - this in return meant people took their stuff if coming back later so a very nice change not to need the early morning towel dash. There is an area at the bottom of the outside pool stairs where everyone including us deposited beach/pool items not going home with them for others so take a look there before buying lots as again nice that everyone passes and shares on bits and bobs.

The restaurant underneath served good food and guests in the apartments got 10% off. There are plentiful bars immediately on the doorstep. Charlie's bar underneath has evening entertainment but it promptly stopped at 12am every night and our kids slept fine and for grown ups with doors closed it was pretty quiet.

Even the entry alley into the apartments from the street are nicely decorated and landscaped which was a good start when we arrived at 3am.

Reception has limited hours. We didn't need anything but the lady seemed very pleasant and helpful. Out of hours the bar staff help with enquiries.

The only thing that we didn't like was the shower room it was a tad cramped for a small family of 4 so imagine a little chaotic if have a bigger brood in tow and it could do with a hairdryer in there for us long haired folk. However it was clean and on the scale of things very very minor. Also it cost an extra 35 euros for air conditioning which is something I'd usually hope for as standard and included. Wi fi was free and effective so I guess that was a bonus.

There is a little store underneath selling basics and newspapers etc.

However, sadly it seems that the apartments have changed hands to Jet2 for next year from Thomson's. Even bearing in mind our excellent deal Jet2 are charging 2/3 times what we paid this year. Sadly as much as we loved the apartments, and we really did, I would not be willing to pay that much of a mark up as it doesn't make the holiday economical. The apartments are a perfect base but for the overall simple yet clean facilities do not warrant this mark up. If they did get priced more on par to this year again I would not hesitate to book regularly as it was simply ideal for our needs and the kids adored it.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family