All reviews air con sea view clean bedroom with free wi fi cafe bar would return to this hotel old town min walk small kitchen top floor after midnight formentera island blackout curtains your doorstep living area superior room short stay
Reviewed 31 August 2018 via mobile

I never expect too much when I book a 3 star hotel, but I have to say that this hotel is one of the nicest economy hotels I have stayed at (and I travel a lot). Great location and outlook (quieter part of Ibiza so suited us when we didn’t want to go to the clubs), clean, fresh and the staff were super helpful and really good to deal with. Next time we’re back in Ibiza we will be booking Mar Y Playa

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 June 2018

Hotel was right on the water and we had a nice view of the sea. I have no complaints, but this hotel was nothing special. I think if I were to do Ibiza again I would try to find a smaller, more boutique like place.

Location was good, there were lots of cafés and restaurants right next to the hotel and it was nice to be right on the beach.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 April 2018 via mobile

Booked a short trip away and this is a 3* hotel in a great location.

Pros:
€15 taxi from the airport & walking distance to Ibiza port and old town. Its right on the beach and has lovely views. We got it for a very reasonable £65/per night, and it was worth that money, I'd be hesitant to pay more. The hotel and room were very clean and there was a cleaner in each day. The room was a decent size and was bright. There was crockery and cutlery and the little kitchenette was great. The shower was powerful and nice and high which is good. The staff seemed very pleasant. Oh, and walking distance to Lidl for cheap beer, food and suncream! Bar area is nice and looks like it has been done up recently. The bar staff were very friendly. There's a pool and loungers overlooking the promenade and the beach. Our balcony got the sun until after 8pm which was fab.

Cons:
Asked for a top floor room but didn't get it. Asked for a sea view and unfortunately didn't have a direct view but I think all of the balconies do have an angle of the sea. There was absolutely no information provided on check in, nothing about the hotel or the area, literally nothing other than the room key and paying an extra tourist tax. The bathroom has no toiletries apart from a single dispenser in the shower with an unidentified soapy liquid in it. There was no soap to wash your hands at the sink. There was also no washing up liquid or soap in the kitchen. The hairdryer is very basic and is a hot air tube attached to the wall in the bathroom. There is nowhere in the room with a mirror and plug next to one another, and there is no full length mirror. There's no lock in the safe, I'm assuming you have to pay extra for this but we were never given any info on it. The beds are pretty hard and uncomfortable. Its an adequate space for a short stay, but it is very basic.
Lobby needs refurb to match the lovely bar area. There's a strange duvet hanging from the middle of the ceiling?! Also, big minus is the noise, the street is a very noisy one, constant deliveries and bins etc.

All in all its good for short cheap stay in a really handy area.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
2  Thank Wintermarmotte
Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

The hotel is pretty nice. The rooms are big, beds are ok, the personal is really kind and they are always willing to help. It’s very quiet at night, and has an espectacular outside pool with a very nice view of the coast night and day. The location is perfect, you can walk through the ocean boulevard where there are lots of restaurants and ice cream stores and other stuff. And it’s three blocks away from the road that takes you all around the island. In front of the hotel you have many rental car places and you can also get tíquets to all the party’s and discos at the hotel.
The worst part IT DOES NOT HAVE FREE WIFI, and could have had some things at the mini fridge which was empty. I think it was too expensive for what it was, but the personal was nice, it was very clean and it was close to everywhere

Stayed: July 2017
Reviewed 4 November 2017 via mobile

We arrived before noon to Apartamentos Mar y Playa. We took the L10 airport bus into Ibiza Town, and the hotel was a short 7 minute walk from the bus stop just past McDonalds.
The gentleman at the front desk (Manuel?) was very pleasant and efficient, he informed us we had been upgraded to a penthouse suite for our brief stay. The lobby was bright and welcoming. There were a few people there, using the internet since free WiFi is limited to the public area.
We took the elevator up to the top floor- so no lugging bags up the stairs .
The apartment was a bright, clean 2 bedroom with kitchenette, a small living area, full bathroom with tub and a huge spectacular terrace! The terrace was bigger than the apartment itself!
The view was just amazing! Unobstructed views of the beach, nearby islands and whitewashed buildings along the coast. We seriously considered changing our flights to stay one more day in this spectacular setting. Without a doubt, we would return to this hotel. Thanks to Manuel for a wonderful introduction to Ibiza!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple