All reviews air con sea view clean bedroom with free wi fi cafe bar would return to this hotel old town min walk small kitchen top floor after midnight formentera island blackout curtains your doorstep living area superior room short stay
Reviewed 24 September 2015

Second stay at Mar y Playa 2 Apartments , with a group of friends. O.k. the apt. are a perhaps a little old.. but they are good, and clean. The Staff at the reception (especially Eduardo the night porter) are very friendly and helpfull ! to be recommended and we are coming back !!

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 August 2015

On arrival was shocked that I had booked for September instead of August. However, the manager was very helpful. My first night was not so good, as I had to stay in the hotel across the way, which was not as nice, but this was only for one night. The next night I went into the nicer hotel and was in a room with a balcony with a magnificent view over the sea. I was very comfortable there, and enjoyed my stay.
Unfortunatley one of the nights I had to call security as there was a drunken girl making a nuisance of herself, however, the security came immediately after I called and the noise stopped.

Room Tip: I stayed in room 205 right at the front overlooking the beach
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 August 2015 via mobile

Very nice apartment with a large balcony (we stayed in 107). Nice pool area, but somewhat difficult to get deckchair if you are not a morning person. Restaurant and bar in the hotel. Friendly waiters, especially the female. Beautiful beach with clear water just across the promenade. Shops and restarants in the surrounding area. About 20 minutes walk into the old town.

Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 July 2015

I was hear in the middle of April 2015 and got upgraded to the main sea front hotel. Worth paying extra as the superior rooms are larger and all have sea views. The superior rooms were large, clean and in good decorative order. The location is sea front with fantastic views of over the bay and beach. There are a number of shops and restaurants next to the Hotel. The Hotel staff and in particular the main reception staff could not do enough for me and even topped up the car parking meter when I had overslept (never in 30 years has somebody done that before). Nothing was too much for any of the staff, who were all really helpful and in all added to my experience in Ibiza.The Hotel is approximately a pleasant 15 minute walk to the centre of Ibiza Town where you pass various shops, restaurants and bars etc. I would definitely recommend this Hotel for its great location, Reception Staff, nice condition of the rooms. Yes I would definitely come back.

Room Tip: Go for the superior rooms in the Beach front hotel and be nice to the staff as you maybe upgraded if there are rooms available.
  • Stayed: April 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 July 2015

There are 2 buildings, one facing the beach & one directly behind on the other side of the road, unfortunately we were in the behind building. So the view from the balcony was of the building next door, however it is in a great position with a nice stretch of beach & restaurants very close.
Our apartment had a good sized bathroom & for once plenty of bathroom bench space - not those pokey basins with nowhere to put a toilet bag.
The living area was very basic, it consisted of the worlds most uncomfortable, ugly couch. a single bed, table & chairs & a kitchenette. Wi if only in public areas.
Surprisingly there was room service every day, the cleaning staff were lovely.
To sum it up, it has more room & amenities than a hotel room but no more soul than a hostel.

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple