“Been before - a highlight of an Ibiza visit”

Restaurante S'Ametller
Ranked #12 of 578 Restaurants in Ibiza Town
Price range: US$28 - US$51
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 18 April 2018

There are rumours that this is closing and the family going to run a cookery place in the hills so I went to see if it was still going. I booked a table in person (always advisable) and gosh was I pleased I did. I booked for 9pm and by 10pm all the tables were full - it isn't huge and they definitely don't crowd tables in, so it is really advisable to book. Again, the meal was superb and amazing value - clams in a creamy sauce, a carrot soup, a tri of pork and a lovely chocolate ice cream and strawberry dessert (I don't normally do dessert). Washed down with a lovely red (recommended by the manager/owner/waiter) and a bottle of my favourite "salty water" (Vichy Catalan) which he was delighted I remembered. I got change from E40 which was unbelievable value. Go - but book and bear in mind, this is not a rushed place!

Reviewed 30 December 2017 via mobile

We walked in at 20:00 hour without a reservation due to the good TripAdvisor reviews.
We had a great welcome and a nice apparitive.
The food is very good and the price is low for the quality you get.
The personal is very helpful and joyful.
We'll get back to this place the next time we are in ibiza.
Thx for the wonderful night .

Reviewed 27 October 2017 via mobile

Fantastic place with a really friendly front of house, Juan. We were wined and dined and the food was stunning. Pumpkin soup, pork spring rolls and the freshly made carob bread were a lovely start. Really tasty sea bass and cod followed before mango crumble and a local flan. The three courses were just 28 Euros, with a drink included, so great value. Definitely recommend this as a must!

Reviewed 27 October 2017 via mobile

OK, from the moment we arrived I wanted to leave. The area was dark and we felt ill at ease. The place from the outside looked very small and we questioned our decision . The truth is the roller shade only covered half the premises and what we thought was a man outfitters was indeed part of the restraunt. On entry we sat on dated and a very old settee which should be dumped, the entire reception area was scruffy and cluttered, sitting at the table I noticed worn seating and window livery torn. This place needs Gordon Ramsey to sort the place out. BUT THAT'S ALL.

The waiter / owner is passionate and focus's on taste and service. We chose the tasting menu but we could change items with the menu at will. Every course was beautiful in both presentation and taste coupled with differing wine with each course. Totally splendid I am so pleased we did not leave the entire evening which was over 2 hours was a pure delight and faultless.

The owners dream is to own a Finca in the country and cater for guests on special occasions. Count me in!

Reviewed 20 October 2017 via mobile

Had such a great meal here last night. It’s set the bar high for the rest of the holiday. The owner was super hospitable and clearly very passionate about his food, Ibiza and making his customers feel welcome.

We had 3 courses and all were delicious and it was reasonable too. €28 each for the 3 courses.

Highly recommended and we would definitely go back again and would probably go for the full tasting menu next time.