“Upgrade”
Review of Blue Wave Inn

Blue Wave Inn
Ranked #18 of 39 Siquijor Island B&B and Inns
Reviewed 14 May 2017

I was having doubts on confirming my reservation on this property after reading the reviews. But I liked it when I first saw it in the internet especially the infinity pool. I tried to get in touch with the property via phone calls, called them up, no answer, called second number and I was forwarded to another number, finally succeeding on the third attempt. Not a good sign of good customer service. I still confirmed my booking since the rates are reasonable and the rooms seems nice,. Upon arrival, I was welcomed warmly by the reception staff, I was briefed on the restaurant timing, wifi password and breakfast, Check in was fast. I had my welcome drink in the restaurant overlooking the pool. The rooms are simple, Queen bed, pillows, two towels, sachet of shampoo, toothpaste and a bar of soap.
The bathroom has this funny smell and they need to check on their plumbing too, no hot water in showers.
The restaurant serves good food though, I had breakfast and lunch there, the food is OK and portion is adequate for one person. I like the ambience of the restaurant too, breezy and located in front of the swimming pool.
My overall experience with this resort is good, not complaining about the property, The wifi only works in the reception area but I love the infinity pool. You get what you paid for, but what this property lacked in their infrastructure, it was compensated by the hospitality of the staff, they are very accommodating and helpful, arranged for my countryside tour and transportation back to the pier.
I would go back again if I have the chance to visit the Island of Fire.

Stayed: May 2017

Reviewed 19 March 2017

The infinity pool was the best.! Staff was really really helpful and kind :) Location was a bit far from everything though but if you have a scooter wont be a problem. The only down side is that there was no hot water in the room and water gets really cold at night and it was a windy and a bit rainy day but staff in the restaurant was happy to give you a thermos of hot water! Definitely great value for the money and awesome breakfast! The wifi was not the best though.But i would definitely come back!!!

Also my friend left his powerbank and some shorts and they even called me to ask where i was and give me my stuff back but sadly i was on the ferry to bohol at that moment.

Room Tip: best views great for relaxation!
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 March 2017

One thing really annoying about using Booking.com or similar, is that if a place is bad enough to leave, you feel robbed because you just cannot get your money back from them. We were told by the hotel that we could, but we never got a response. The reason we left is this; we were travelling with friends and one of the couple couldn't breathe in their (aircon) room as none of the windows opened. The smell of bleach was so strong and he gets asthma. He just felt really unwell in there.

We were actually quite glad they persuaded us to leave with them, as our fan room was really quite depressing. Our window screens were all torn, so mosquitos could get in. Although the bed linen was clean this place feels like a 'motel' or short stay place (if you know what I mean) Too much bleach on the floor, so I didn't want to walk bare feet, really dirty bathroom - goodness knows what was sandwiched between the sachet of toothpaste and the soap!

Toilets in the restaurant were flooded. Staff don't smile - it's like they begrudge having to serve you, and once you are there, you are cut off from everywhere, as there's nowhere to walk to once the tide is in. The pool looks nice, but is grubby at the bottom and there's not enough space to sit around it, with just three loungers. The raised platforms over the beach are too dangerously flimsy to stand on.

We'd just come from staying at Coco Grove with rooms just 1000 pesos more per night for a standard room, and it was a paradise in comparison, with fabulous staff, beautiful extensive gardens and beach, three pools and two fantastic restaurants. We rushed straight back and begged for a room!

Blue Wave is not good value. Rooms need major renovating, at the very least. Don't be taken in by the photos of the infinity pool. It isn't as it appears.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank ZazuGreenwich
Reviewed 27 February 2017

I love how isolated this inn is. It's only five minutes from Siquijor port but when you're inside, it's like being away from everything. I love how quaint it is also. The infinity pool is small but enough for its guests as there are only a few number of rooms.
Downside; (1)long waiting hours for food to be served (2)basic room amenities (3)rooms not thoroughly clean (4)they should discard the organizers that are too rusty and the dirtly pails and deeper too

Room Tip: get the room with the view of the beach
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 February 2017

This Inn is in a good location, the staff are good and the rooms are adequate but nothing more. We enjoyed our stay here at the Blue Wave Inn. It's in a nice location close to the port. The grounds are very nice. The infinity pool is very attractive and the beach is nice. The food is OK and the service average. I would recommend a stay here as long as your expectations aren't too high.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple